london 2012

What time does the ballot open on tue morning? 3rd time lucky I hope.image

Comments

• I cannot even find a link for the ballot. Has anybody got one please

Yesterdays entry on the world marathon record that wasn't

• Normally its midnight. But as tomorrow is a bank holiday. Its anyones guess when LM
    open the ballot. See they will need someone at LM Towers to come in on Tuesday.
    That person then plugs the computer into the socket. Then they switch the computer on.
    Then they will wait about a minute or two for the system to start.
    Then they have a cup of tea, maybe a biscuit if they could find one. Then they forgot to 
    click the icon on the screen which says BALLOT. They click that and the ballot officially starts
    until it crashes two minutes later.

One minute later the phone will ring when some insane nutter will ask how can I enter into the LM.
    After that, phone rings Someone will say they cannot enter online because the system crashed. After that, phone rings. Someone will ask can you enter by post.
    After that, phone rings. Someone will ask can I enter a team of 99 as part of a world record
    attempt for the longest cock.
    After that, phone rings. Another one says they cannot enter online and asks can they enter
    over the phone.

Trust me, this is what the LM will be doing this Tuesday.

To top that, some will decide to post random threads on Tuesday about the ballot.
  • Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    Can we have a thread discussing how many individual threads people will start regarding VLM 2012 ballot without bothering to search for one that undoubtably already exists?
  • Iv looked and know its tue but no time as to when. Love that long answer. Its made me laugh. Well I had 9am in my head but may try earlier as going away that day and refuse to leave til im entered. May never make it. Lol
  • What info is required as my friends text me his details he is abroad and wants me to apply for him.
  • Mark,
    if I remember rightly, it's the usual name,address, DOB, age on race day etc but you will also need credit or debit card details so they can charge you for entry if you are sucessful in the ballot.
  • I am so exited about entering for the first time, but was wondering, is it worth waiting up til midnight to enter, or does it not open til later?
  • i went on line at 09*00 last year, had no problems entering, fairly straitforward, took about 5 mins. entered both my sons as well as they were on shift and could not get to a computer
  • runnerman - I was going to enter just as an individual, but I fancy joining your 99 longest cock world record attempt. Will there be any support team dressed as giant gonads, this could be the futureimage
  • lottielouise123 wrote (see)
    I am so exited about entering for the first time, but was wondering, is it worth waiting up til midnight to enter, or does it not open til later?
    I was thinking of doing the sameimage
  • hey,

i have already entered via the priority ballot as I missed out 3 years running(or not running).

question. do i still need to enter the mass ballot.

• Im done now as woke up and thought id check rather than roll over go back sleep. Kid be happy as wwe can go on our holidays when he wakes up. I was refusing to go till i had got my name in the draw. Good luck all of u.x
  • Have I accidentally entered more than once? Im confused.. I entered at 8 am and just chekced my emails and got half a dozen from VLM and charities, now came back on pc, the page where I entered was still on, and i went back a page, then back forward, looking for something (using arrows at top of page) and now I suddenly have a load more emails from VLM. I dont want to have accidentally got myself thrown out! I have only had 1 email about the money (I said give it to charity)

HELP please!!!

• Hello all, just a quick question in case anyone could help, if I have a guaranteed entry through good for age entries, shall I also enter the ballot and the prove my time in a marathon? thx vm in advance. I also asked this in another post, sorry if you red it twice.

• if you have entered more than once you need to ring london marathon i did and now just have the one entry
  • All the emails have the same referance number, so does it mean that I have entered more than once or not? thanks
  • The reference number is unique to your entry so if the emails have the same number, that's one entry.
  • I just wondered why I have 5 of these emails, do other people have so many?and several identical ones from each charity.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for entering the ballot for the 2012 Virgin London Marathon and donating your entry fee.

We'll let you know in early October 2011 if you've secured a place - you'll receive a magazine through the post letting you know if you've been successful.

If you need to contact us between now and October, for example if your contact details change, please call us on 020 7902 0200 and quote your reference number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Just phoned and she said taht they had 3 entries for me, and told me the VLM no. that im keeping, though that wasthe only one on all my emails...oh well im glad that my entry is in, thoguh the wait for 6 months is going to kill me!
  • Just realised that I dont think I put my date of birth in, so it will be on 1st jan 1994 which is wrong (only a few months out) does it matter?I was in such a hurry, dont think I did it, I just thought taht they didnt ask for age, and checked and it does but dont remember doing it! Do I need to phone again? They will think im crazy!
  • When a mate did it they asked for id when registering wich usually had dob on it so i would if i was u.
  • They will only ask for your date of birth at registration. The ID is only to prove your face fits.
    Which is why they will require passport, driver's licence or anything with your face.

simon62w wrote (see)

runnerman - I was going to enter just as an individual, but I fancy joining your 99 longest cock world record attempt. Will there be any support team dressed as giant gonads, this could be the futureimage

The only support will be vaseline. I'm hoping Durex will become a sponsor. The 99 will be
    supported by condoms. Thats a thought, must check with Guinness world records.

• When do they ask for ID? i have no id with my face on whatsoever!
  • When u register the weekend of the race so plenty of time to sort summet out if u get in. Id be shocked if i get in as dont think it will ever happen
  • Lucky I saw thus thread i have been waiting for the ballot to open for ages now. I want to run the LM just once before I feel I can give up in the marathon running, I have done three others so far and realised I don't actually like doing them or training for them! lol