Thursday, 28 April 2011

is your daddy home?

Morning! Got the day off and can't sleep ... typical! So, I think I'm going for a longish run this morning.

Will catch up later.

Comments

• Morning peeps

What:5M Fartlek

Why: Thursday session.

Nice day up here agin.

Lyrics: Oh yes, Great choice. Gonna  have them in my head all day now.

Not been on for a couple of days.  Need to catch up.

Have a good one peeps.

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega.

Hope you have a lovely family outing and a great race NZC.

What:                threshold turbo am/swim pm
    Why:                 I do wonder
    Last hard:       getting up this morning
    Last rest:         25/4

Lyrics - I do.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all.

What: core

Why: the fizz says I have to

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: no (as usual!)

PLay my last April squash leage match last night and won!  Think I'm finally getting to a point in the league where I beat some people and lose to others which is ideal.

Leg feeling quite sore after the bike knock last week so going to do a few days of low impact stuff to see if it helps.

I'm loving this 3 day week!

Have a good day all.

• Morning.

Still no running here. I'm being patient.

Had a good swim last night and will return for more this evening. 1600m last night, same again tonight.

Will try a little cycle tomorrow if allowed and return to the gym for core etc.

I will be running next week when it starts raining!

The name of that song was how i felt on 17 April till fate struck me down!!

Chick - up early !! - You could also get tomorrows run in today.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Yet another 7.2 miles of running for me. No discomfort today - though I did stay very close to home, just in case. So perhaps I was being unreasonably pessimistic after yesterdays scare.

I"m still not timing these runs, but when they are pain free they feel good and I feel like the real thing again.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Morning (or night in Chickadeee's case image),

Netbook is playing up so have a lot of catching up to do...

Well done on the squash win Emzap!

Paddy - good to hear you're on the mend.

You too Tom, fingers crossed that the pain stays away.

What: 7 miles esay
    Why: First week back
    Last hard: VLM
    Last rest: Sunday
    Lyrics: No

Have run every day since Monday and legs are a little tight, but otherwise ok. Also got out on the rollerblades last weekend - I think I'll incorporate that every week as it's great for core strength.

Right, catch-up time...
  • mavamava ✭✭✭

hello

Last day at work today until 18th May image

As some of you know I have had a track marathon in the diary for tomorrow.  I did a little 3 mile test run this morning and it's no go.  Shame.  The day before Brighton I did a 3 miler and was pain free so I ran it.  Today I was not pain free so I have informed the organisers I won't be turning up.  image   Never mind. 

NZC - have a storming race at Rotorua.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

sorry to hear that mava

what: I am going to try a little run later, fingers crossed all is ok

why: I am fed up

last hard: ?

last easy: too many days

have a good weekend and good luck all racers

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Mava - So sorry

Wabo Hope the run goes ok

NZC - Hope the marathon goes well

What: 4.32 miles
    Why: its the madness
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Lyrics No
    Last Rest: March 29

• Afternoon all,

NZC:  When's the mara?

• What: 7.5m
    • Why:  tote that barge
    • Last Hard: ?
    • Last Rest:  Yesterday

Have a good one!

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    mava: Pity about the track mara but it's the right decision. Enjoy your lovely long break.

Tom: good news

emzap: When I read your posts I'd like to play some squash again - used to love it when younger. Alas, I fear my creaky and dodgy old joints are no longer up to start-stop-run stuff. Shame.

NZC: I'm sure you'll be fine. There's a lifetime of running in your legs!

What: 14 miles
    Why: fancied something longer
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Tuesday
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Chickadee writes "There's a lifetime of running in your legs!"....that just may be the problem.

AF - Barge toting, is that anything like dwile flonking?
  • Afternoon

What surfing the net
    Why Avoiding my assignment
    Lyrics if only I was!

Will start running Tuesday after 2 weeks holiday from running.

Have been lurking on and off so: good luck, well done, commiserations and keep it up; as required whilst I stay in my self absorbed state for the next few days.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Completed 400m in the pool.  Was going to do quite a lot more, but the water was so murky I couldn't even see the end when I was at the end!  I thought it was safer to get out...

Chicka you should play squash again.  I play against a huge range of people so I'm sure you'd be able to get back into it!  It's great for fitness too.

Mava  sorry to hear about the mara image

NZC good luck for your mara.

Tom good news - hope the injuries stay away.

I'm off for a few days now to the New Forest/Aunt's birthday party.  Have a good break all.

• Got a bad desire.

What - 5k amble

Why - easy week (and I'm starting to feel better already)

Last hard - Saturday

Managed not to get an erection this week when I had my weekly massage. Result!

• Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    "Managed not to get an erection this week when I had my weekly massage. Result!"

Welcome back Bryan...now go and stand in the corner with Moraghan.image

OR

Welcome back Bryan...your masseur, what did you say his name was again?
  • You are obviously having a very different sort of massage to me. Mine leaves me groaning but not in ecstasy! Not great news from the smt actually, appointment with fizz a week on Monday.

mava - sorry to hear about the DNS but sounds as though it was the only decision you could make.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Thanks for the good luck marathon wishes, I'm trying hard to keep the sniffles at bay.

Chickadee/Tom - "Llifetime of running in your legs" asset/problem - yes both are correct. Asset - if I pull my head in I should be able to get to the finish, - problem - they've been there many times before, only not very fast nowimage

Am I excited? No - always think why am I doing this! Bit late now.

I like the training, but not this bit, the waiting, I enjoy the start, but not the middle bit, and I totally don't like the after effects, except for about 2 weeks after a marathon you seem to be able to fly, but only for a little bit.

AF - It's on Saturday - just one more sleep - oooooh!!

Tom - sounds like shortening the run yesterday was just what you needed so you got a good longer one in today. I think it's a bit like when you are able to do doubles, by adding in a short half hour run, it makes the longer one easier somehow.

What: 3 miles easy am Comedy festival pm - very good too.

Why: Just ticking over.

Good running everyone.

Mava - sorry you had to can your marathon, think you'll be happy you did so, now you have a chance to get on top of your injury, enjoy your new job, and come back fitter and faster!

Broadsword - you really sound like you enjoy your massage!

emzap - the conditions in the pool did not sound good. I tried squash many years ago, the only workout I got was in my bum muscles - from picking up the ball. I have no eye/ball co-ordination.

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭
    Evening,

Netbook decided to pack up as I was catching up earlier... let's try again.

Well done on the win M, even if the prize was a bit odd!

Sorry to hear you were poorly over Easter Chickadeee, but yes I can empathise with welcoming any form of weight loss - I was doing so well until I ventured into the Hotel Chocolat sale...

BCDB, I'll have to look up that cover of One - it's one of my favourite Metallica songs. As for the massage, yours sound a lot more enjoyable than mine!!

Sorry about your marathon Mava, but as NZC says it'll give you the chance to recover properly and come back stronger.

Have a nice time away Emzap.

LMUH - is the fizz appointment because of a specific problem, or more a check/precaution?

Postie, good luck with the assignment. Been there myself many, many times - I am The Procrastinator.

Good luck with the marathon NZC - I'm sure you'll do great. I have similar mixed feelings with marathons... it's like a love/hate relationship!

Good luck to anyone else racing this weekend too.
  • Tom:

You an' me, we sweat an' strain
    Body all achin' and wracked wid pain
    Tote dat barge! Lift dat bale!
    Git a little drunk and ya lands in jail

Ah gits weary an' sick o' tryin'
    Ah'm tired o livin' an' skeered o' dyin'
    But ol' man river
    He jes' keeps rollin' along!

NZC:  That's where you were going wrong.  Your supposed to hit the ball with the raquet not pick it up with your bum.

best of luck on Saturday