Shorts 2 in 1

Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭

Wonder if anyone can help? At the London marathon  Expo i saw on the a stall running shorts with built in cycle shorts (short running tights?)

Afterwards I decided that would do great for me as sometimes strain groin muscles but do not like wearing running tights even short ones.

Found some Nike ones that are more like normal underwear on the inside.

Anyone know of standard running shorts with built in cycle shorts / running tights / compression shorts ???

Keith

Comments

• New Balance do some, picked some up today for £25
  • LS21LS21 ✭✭✭

I got a pair of these Salomon shorts for my birthday. No idea why they're so expensive, but they are very, very, very good. And if you ever watch any TV coverage of any of the really long Ultra events overseas (France and Spain mainly) an awful lot of folk seem to wear them.

Still, NB for £25 or Salomon for £70. I think I'd probably try the NB ones!

• Love Salomons XA series 3 and 4`s, Crafts PR long shorts are great but I find them a bit too long & heavy for summer use.... unbeatable for autumn/winter though..

• Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips guys. Wow the Salomons are expensive. Was about to order the NB ones and found others at Decatholon sports for £15, own brand and cheap so will see how they perform.
  • Keith OB wrote (see)
    Thanks for the tips guys. Wow the Salomons are expensive. Was about to order the NB ones and found others at Decatholon sports for £15, own brand and cheap so will see how they perform.
    My last pair of XA series 3 shorts cost me £23 Keith... when it comes to shorts i`m VERY fussy and it takes alot for them to impress me..  good luck with those shorts from Decathlon, do they have a full length lycra inner then..??
  • Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭
    Roland McCartney wrote (see)
    Keith OB wrote (see)
    My last pair of XA series 3 shorts cost me £23 Keith... when it comes to shorts i`m VERY fussy and it takes alot for them to impress me..  good luck with those shorts from Decathlon, do they have a full length lycra inner then..??

Yes Roland full internal short as long as the shorts. Talking to another guy in store who wanted the same and we both agreed men over 50 should not be seen in lycra.

imageimage

• Are these the shorts you`ve just bought Keith....  look a bit long for summer...
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/products-pictures/250/gd-asset_43565545.jpg

• Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭

Roland Yes those are the ones. Tried out on Monday PM and it was quite hot and felt alright. Did not want for summer just when I needed a bit of support.

The inside "cycle shorts" look like a techical wicking sweat fabric more than the standard tights type and feel comfortable so I am happy so far as they give a bit more support without making me too warm.

Not too long at about 7" as I usually run in 5" baggy shorts, far too old for split running shorts.

• I wear a lot of Kalenji (Decathlon) gear and always found it very good, and cheap which is always a bonus.

• Keith OBKeith OB ✭✭✭

Eded its defo cheap so just see how it wears and washes.

Usually get gear from Aldi!!!