Options

VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Options

Pinks.... be careful of your back with new excersises...just start gently and make sure you are doing them correctly....

Rod.. well done great result......

• Options
    Thanks Pinks and Gatton, in fact my chip time was 44.44 with a last 5k of just under 22 minutes so pleased with that, my time counted towards the Vets Team where we came 5th so that was a bonus. Considering I had no preparation for this it worked out ok. I am going to try and drop a bit of weight again and see if I can improve over the summer. image
  • Options
    Just be careful Rod... even the elite have a step back time during the year..... maybe good for you to take the time when you are on Holiday as a "complete" holiday and come back refreshed......
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Gatton, I'm not training at all hard I promise! I won't do much on hol either just maybe 2 runs a week no more than 6 miles, I really enjoyed last night as I was sort of where I expected to be which is good really, so much of it is belief and a strong mind though, i saw a fair fw Ashby and Oakley 20 hoodies too, I reckon a fair few there had recently done marathons image
  • Options

Excellent PB Rod blimey well done.

Well done PB keeping fit and keeping going with the training.............well done.

My calf is turning yellow, black and blue............image

• Options

Ouch Mark - hope its not too painful.

Well done Rod, great speed in those legs.

I have a 5k tonight which I'm looking forward to.

• Options
    Good luck Suze   have you signed up for the Bluewater event yet ??????
  • Options
    Gatton I could do with you overseeing things in the gym!!!

Suze how did the 5k go?

Does anyone want to buy my less than a year old rowing machine? Mr P bought little P a new one because he felt it was better to have one exactly the same as those they use at school as he is getting so keen on it now - rowing 4 times a week and now in the A boat!! Got the regatta coming up on Saturday week and the Nats Regatta for schools in Nottingham at the end of the month - day before we go on holiday. If anyone interested in rower let me know and I'll put up the exact details.
  • Options
    just rushing in to say IM GETTING MARRIED simon asked me yesterday to marry him and i said YES!!!!
  • Options
    Vik- so pleased for you. If I could do smiles on my phone then there would be lots
  • Options
    Vik thats great I am really pleased for you image
  • Options
    Congratulations Vik and Simon imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage - So when is the big day?
  • Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!  Woo hoooooooooooo!!!!imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Morning.

Gatton - yes I have entered the Bluewater 10k.  Might have to take my own drink this year if its Gatorade on offer. 

5k last night went ok.  It was a very fast race but I ignorred the speedy ones and stuck to my own pace.  Very flat with a few twists and turns.  5k in 25:05, please with that as also only my second run since London.  Tried for a sprint finish but my lunch wanted to make an encore so after a few strides I thought it best to give the sprint a missimage.  Legs feeling ok this morning.

Not sure what time I will have at the weekend for running but I would like to fit in an hour if I can.

• Options

Vik W ...imageimageimage  great news..... so when and where is it all going to happen........ checks his diary.. for spare days.

Suze...Great  run last night ...... well done...good call in brining your own drink to Bluewater.... If I am working there ( no confirmation yet ) then I  will have some Lucozade in my car so come and say hello and you can have some of mine.....

• Options

Congrats to Vik and Si..............like a good wedding picture CONGRATULATIONS and virtual bubbly and chocs and champagne!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimage

Good running Suze you are doing well taking advantage of the London Training. Keep at it.

Yellow, black, blue and a hint of purple this morning nice word piccie of my calf!!!

Let me know the details on the rower PB might be the way forward for my fitness as running is to impact for my stick legs. 

Happy Friday again!!

the foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.

Have a happy day!

• Options

Good running Suze you were wise to give the sprint finish a miss image

Still a good time  which can now be built on. I appear to have put a bit of weight on again owing to my greed in the last few days so now the training proper starts.

Did a 5 mile run yesterday afternoon in a muggy 23 degrees, after the 10K the day before I thought my legs needed to get shifting again so off I went, did ok but the last 2 miles were into a headwind so that was tough.

stats were.

5.00 miles 39.10 @7.50 HR av 135

splits 7.55, 7.52, 7.43, 7.51, 7.47.

Gym today , tomorrow rest and a 13 miler Sunday should do it.image

• Options

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (only jealous!!)image

Happy running Rod.image

• Options

Quick pop in and catch up and I've just seen the news.  Wooohooo!!!!!!imageimageimageimageimage 

Congratulations Vik and Simon, be stupidly, fabulously happy

• Options
    Thanks guys to say that Im stunned is an understatement but i am genuinely ecstatic! !!!
  • Options

After 25 years you will be used to being married. The advice I was given on getting married is always keep courting and you will be happy together.  imageSorry shouldn't be passing on advice yet until the big day. Enjoy..........

Daughter has decided to run tomorrow so happy about that though she hadn't said anything all week until today. Had to let her make up her own mind, she is no good at decisions!! I am going to support her as it starts in the athletics stadium at Sheffield at Don Valley, they have to do a lap when they get back to the stadium.......she will be able to hear my voice.

Enjoy your weekends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Great stadium there Mark..been there many times to watch the athletics... give your daughter our very best and tell her above all else to enjoy the day..
  • Options

I am more excited than she is thanks Gatton, have a good day. My leg is paining me today so stuck at home watching sport poor me, while the OH and youngest gone to Lea Gardens near Matlock...........

All the best to you runners out there tomorrow on a long one or whatever you are doing........image

• Options
    I am stuffed to the gills with carbohydrates!
  • Options

Just had spag bolagnese ready for the race tomorrow. My new son in law has decided to run Sheff Half with my daughter to keep her company.........should be interesting to see if he makes it round. He does play a lot of sport but a half marathon!!!!!

What are you stuffing the carbs for USB? Bonne chance..............

• Options

Is that Carb loading in sympathy Mark? image

Doe the son in Law do any running or is  he just going to do it, as you say should be ntereresting!

I am doing 13 miles tomorrow, some of us want to do off road , I would prefer on road but will go with the flow, how is the leg feeling today Mark?

• Options
    Good luck Marks daughter and son in law and USB
    No running so far but I now have a bathroom with all it's tiles on the wall. Hopefully tomorrow it will be to showhouse standard.
  • Options
    good luck USB you will storm it image