The very last run.. ever

Just read a really sad bit of news in todays daily star.. page four

A mum who ran the London Marathon for Cancer Research has dies from the disease. Brave Emma Horton, 35, had no idea she was suffering from cancer when she completed the gruelling 26 mile race in seven hours and fifty minutes on April 17. Her devastated husband, David Horton, 38, from Droitwich, Words, said "Emma was determined to do the London Marathon to raise as much money as she could for the charity"

Another link here for the story http://www.metro.co.uk/news/862707-cancer-kills-mum-who-ran-marathon-for-cause

Although I do not generally like the way in which running has been hijacked for charity running, I am a little bit of an idea list, optimist or dreamer call me what you will but I have managed to find her justgiving page and think that helping someone who was trying to do good for others achieve their goal is a great sending off imho

She may not have been the pace of some people, but a runner she was

www.runningsponsorme.org/emmalhorton

Comments

• Agreed regarding the comments about the star, I don't actually buy any paper as I do not consider knowing who wayne roony is shagging to be news, but if a comic of any description is about at work I will have a read.
  • SunluvvaSunluvva ✭✭✭

Just read the story and it is so sad - she looks so healthy in the picture.

• Tim R2-T2Tim R2-T2 ✭✭✭

I read that in the Metro at lunchtime.

I think it's another example of how terminally ill people can keep going when they've got something to aim for and then die when they stop.

I realise that she may not have fully known but I suspect that she had an idea having been treated for it before.

R.I.P. very sad.