Why trying to do better this week
Lyrics one my kids like

See you all later

Comments

• Morning peeps

What:4M Easy.

Why: legs like lead.

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Bad ' by U2.

Cheers for starting todays thread Postie.

• Morning.

Abingdon next postie?

What:               threshold turbo/swim lesson
    Why:                it's on the schedule
    Last hard:        the memory is fading
    Last rest:         25/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 10.5 miles d&d
    4 miles lunchtime
    2 miles and circuits PM
    OW swim PM
    Why: Tuesday looks like this.
    Last hard: last nights intervals
    Last rest: 2011
    Lyrics: yes

Enjoying things right now.
  • Morning.

5 miles d&d followed by gym with core. Will get out later. distance depends on how i feel.

Managed 9 miles last nite incl 6 x 1k at about HMP. Felt good and no after effects.

I'm reluctant to declare an injury free state but deffo getting close!!

Gobi - nice to see you enjoying it
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

What: hill session, but gentler than usual...but still quite tough
    Why: I think I have been running the usual hill session too hard in that it is compromising my running for the day or two after...obviously not strong enough to to it full on and recover for the next day, hence the experimental modified version.

Last hard: Sunday long run
    Last rest: last decade

Lyrics: nope

Managed to get a second run in last night, and got absolutely soaked when the heavens changed from bright sunshine into a thunderstorm in what seemed like seconds. Hopefully a second run today, too.

Wondering where Tom and TT are, in particular...hope they are not struggling with injury.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Paddy - I won't be at the Olympic course test at the end of the month. Bad race planning on my part and the risk ahead of other targets is too high. I need to focus on Alpe d'Huez or risk looking like a cock when it all goes wrong. "It is about the bike"
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

AFTERNOON ALL

lmuh, I like that memories fading, mine too!!

nice one paddy!

well I cycled home last night 25.65 very very hilly and it was glorious

what: cycled in as well, 22.3 miles loved it

why: running is not great at the moment

last hard: this morning

last easy: sat

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMUH and Paddy:  good news re. your niggles!

I was wondering about Tom and TT too ... hope they are ok.

Postie: hope you feel better

What: 6 miles with some strides
    Why: get them legs turning
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest. Sunday
    Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon all

What: 7 miles at 5am

Why: Only way to fit it in

Last hard: Getting out of bed. A combination of Bank Holidays and work meetings have meant that the last 5am was some time ago. Hopefully will settle back into it pretty quickly

Last rest: 3/5

Lyrics: No

• Afternoon all,

NZC:  I still run in my cotton finisher's t-shirt from the 1989 London Marathon.  Mind you, it could do with a wash now image

• What: 7.5m
    • Why:  there can't be many places you can go past 4 railway stations in 7.5m
    • Last Hard: ?
    • Last Rest:  Last Tuesday

Have a good one!

• Afternoon

What5.2 commute
    Why see above
    Lyrics  mine

LMUH not planning on another marathon til next year. The intensity of the required training compromises my OU course too much and that is now my major focus for the rest of the year. Having said that there is a new HM at Blenheim this year that some freinds from work are considering so I may be pursuaded. Also the Greeks have been sounding me out about either Eynesham 10K or the Andy Reading 10K at the end of the year both of which would be good indicators for next years Sprinng marathon campaign.

Had a pleasant if not laboured run into work this morning with aching ligaments in both knees as a result. Nothing to worry about yet.

May run again tomorrow.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Wabo - Thats a  long commute sorry about the non running

I didn't get my 2nd run in last night

What: 5 miles plus a smidge - no railway crossings (i try and avoid them)
    Why: Easy run/ i always time them wrong and get caught at the gates
    Last Hard: Yesterday
    Lyrics: No

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Greetings all,

popping in, busy here, ran yesterday at Club (6m), but nothing today. So having a rest day and hitting the curry house in a bit to image

Take care all

• Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... curry. Can't beat a good paneer shaslik, chicken jeera and pilau rice down monty's nepalese restaurant, washed down with khurkuri lager.

What: 10 min warm-up, 20 min tempo (maybe going a little too fast), 10 min cool-down

Why: It's all about the 5k, silly.

Last hard: Today

Last rest: Saturday

Definitely feeling fitter, so that's something. Just going to try to figure outr how far I went now.

• Hmmm, I make it 2.8 miles in 20 minutes.

In 8 weeks can I get to 3.1 miles in 20 minutes? I'd be over the moon if I could do that ...

• NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭

Broadsword - hope you can!!

AF - was London '89 your first marathon?

What: No run from me - decided to spend most of the day in the garden, but it doesn't look like I didimage

We went out to a concert in the evening - feet, back and legs ached all night, very happy to see my bed!

• Gobi wrote (see)
    . "I need to focus on Alpe d'Huez or risk looking like a cock when it all goes wrong. "It is about the bike"

Gobi - Thats a shame about the Olympic event. I was looking forward to meeting you.  Interesting on your above comment - that is my greatest fear with the event on the 30 May. Looking like a cock if the calf pops.

Anyway more positive feelings from tonight's 10 miler (although feeling a bit tired after it) 

Chick/ Alehouse - I can report that they are both ok!!