CamelBak Octane 18X

CheshercatCheshercat ✭✭✭

I bought a new rucksack a 2 months ago and every time i use it imy back get rubbed raw.  Tried all sorts of combinations to try and eliviate this, so far nothing works.

Have any of you had a similar experience?  

Thanks CC

Comments

• I have an octane 18x which I use to run to work and have no such issue, I do have it pretty tight though to ensure it does not move. The shoulder straps I have very short and carry the weight as high up on my shoulders as I can, it works really well for me.
    Do you have yours tight enough to stop it from moving around ?

• CheshercatCheshercat ✭✭✭

all the straps are tight, though the chest strap does loosen though.  Only option i can see is to put foam or tweak the bottom of the pack to see if that makes any difference.

• I occassionally get rubbing with my backpack (i run-commute), more so in the Summer when I have less layers.  I use "glide" (or i guess any other lubricant stuff would work) on the pressure points and it seems to work (although reaching them all isnt easy!)
  • Agree with Katiecom. I too get soreness from the lower back of my Camelbak. I smear Vaseline around the effected area and this sorts things out with no issues.
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I bought one of these last week and tried it out in case it rubbed before a race...tbh it is brilliant, I too pull the shoulders tight, the only chafing is the waist belt buckle. 

Are you sure you haven't got something badly adjusted?