xempo kit

Comments

• parkrunfan wrote (see)
    cougie wrote (see)
    LOL PRF - I like your thinking - you're basically trading your medals. Sell high - buy low !
    I cant claim credit for the idea - Barnsley Runner flogged his for £35 on the day of the race and passed on the tip!
    Dumb/obvious question... So are these being bought by people who just haven't run a marathon but want the medal to pretend they have?
  • parkrunfanparkrunfan ✭✭✭

Who knows?

The guy who bought mine said '...it's for my grandmother'. Hmmmmmmm......... 

• I would have to go sub 3:15 for a purple one.............just need to get my OH to run a little bit faster to get me the only decent colour image
  • parkrunfan wrote (see)

Who knows?

The guy who bought mine said '...it's for my grandmother'. Hmmmmmmm......... 

People are strange... why have a medal for something you didn't do?

*Polishes George Cross and Purple Heart*

• I think you're polishing George too hard if you've made him cross ?
  • It's ok, he just winked at me. 
  • From their website: 

"Only runners who have completed half or full marathons will be wearing the Xempo logo, and Xempo verify all qualifying times, so you can be sure that when you are wearing a Xempo running top you're part of a pretty exclusive club"

Sounds a bit wanky, or maybe i'm just bitter because i'd only qualify for a white top! 

• Surely there is a link between how hard you train and how fast you are??
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    North London Runner wrote (see)
    Surely there is a link between how hard you train and how fast you are??

Depends on your assessment of "how hard" I suppose - its like fast and slow in that its a relative term applied (usually) to percieved effort, rather than a defined formula for amount of work put in (which is the way you are probably thinking about it).

Ooo nothing like semantic twisting to really start off an agrument image

• North London Runner wrote (see)

it ahs to be part of it.............but all the other factors....of age, sex, general health, size............and natural ability must be part of it as well........

some people can train hard all year around and struggle to run a 4;30 marathon................and a young lad might go out without any training and run faster.....

but training hard will improve any indiviuals time..................we just aren't all playing on a level playing field

•  Mick Mick ✭✭✭

DHMD :  Why limit the colour change to the finish line? Why not incorporate GPS and get them to change colour as you run .. inbuilt pacing. Now that might interest Mr Ballantyne?

• parkrunfanparkrunfan ✭✭✭
    Gold, Silver and Bronze at the Olympics arent awarded on who trained the hardest.
  • Flat FootedFlat Footed ✭✭✭
    Lee the Pea wrote (see)

From their website: 

"Only runners who have completed half or full marathons will be wearing the Xempo logo, and Xempo verify all qualifying times, so you can be sure that when you are wearing a Xempo running top you're part of a pretty exclusive club"

Sounds a bit wanky, or maybe i'm just bitter because i'd only qualify for a white top! 

You'd look better topless anyway
  • Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    seren nos wrote (see)
    North London Runner wrote (see)

it ahs to be part of it.............but all the other factors....of age, sex, general health, size............and natural ability must be part of it as well........

some people can train hard all year around and struggle to run a 4;30 marathon................and a young lad might go out without any training and run faster.....

but training hard will improve any indiviuals time..................we just aren't all playing on a level playing field

Seren in a sense I agree with you, but there is an equalising effect of training (it takes years), which acts to level the playing field of genetic advantage, where long distance running is concerned. Gender and age excepted perhaps.

However, you have to build up to the sort of mileage necessary in order for this to happen and herein lies the problem, robustness developed during training and training for your current fitness both very much come into play at that point.  This is part of the problem of "get fit fast" programmes as they lead runners out of virtuous training cycles (which can take 10 years to complete) and into desructive ones. 

I hope that makes sense, I'm not sure it does image

• How do you get that you win Olympic gold from working the hardest from " there must be a link between performance and effort"?

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    oooooh - but have you seeeeen the poster boys?! image

[giggle]
  • Mick wrote (see)

DHMD :  Why limit the colour change to the finish line? Why not incorporate GPS and get them to change colour as you run .. inbuilt pacing. Now that might interest Mr Ballantyne?

Let me tell you where I'm at...

I'll give you £50,000 for 40% of the business.

Other ideas I have are a minimum pace cut-off point that's enforced by a combine harvester driving along the course. 

• JjJj ✭✭✭
    "sounds like a bit of a money-spinner for Xempo"

Dreadful. Why, anyone would think it was a...a business or something!

;-)
  • Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    I don't understand the time limit either. Surely if you have done the appropriate time it shouldn't matter when
    Can i add a small amount of semtex to the shirt and if it detects that the wearer is running with an Ipod on, it blows off your arm
    OOK! wrote (see)
    I don't understand the time limit either. Surely if you have done the appropriate time it shouldn't matter when
    I think this comes down to proving the race result...guess they check on the internet and can almost guarentee to find the result for the last few years
  • I'd probably not hand my shirt back if my good time expired.
  • Colour aside I'd want a bit more info on the fabric as well before I'd buy.

The only thing I can see is that every piece is made of a "Breathable, technical, wicking fabric. Hand-stitched to the highest quality for maximum performance."

If I was good enough to warrant a gold one, I'd want gold medal performance - no guarantee of that.
  • Is it any different to belt colours in Judo and the like?
    Oh...good point
  • Flat Footed wrote (see)
    Can i add a small amount of semtex to the shirt and if it detects that the wearer is running with an Ipod on, it blows off your arm
  • M...eldy wrote (see)
    Is it any different to belt colours in Judo and the like?
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Is it any different to belt colours in Judo and the like?

but do they have a purple belt in judo..........

• Not a clue Seren     image
  • JjJj ✭✭✭
    they do in (Shotokan) karate...