Friday 20th May

Weather's been changeable all week and I've ended up feeling really rough and not training.

But I thought I'd kick the thread off.

Good running all.

Comments

• Not much you can do about it if you don't feel well BSCDB - an explanation for your bad run maybe?

Stickless - have a good weekend.

birkmyre - as NZC said - hide your shoes - and anything else you can move. I've never had a dog chew like when I had a lab puppy.

mava - welcome back. Is your knee better or are you back to the physio. At least there's an end in sight at work.

emzap - hope the right thing comes along soon.

What:            endurance swim/short, easy run
    Why:              schedule
    Last hard:    a while
    Last rest:     25/4

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning all

Cold this morning.

emzap - Very annoying about the job, hope something else comes along

NZC - I'm 37 but only started running last year so hoping there's still time for a bit of improvement

Stickless - Enjoy your weekend, sounds like fun

BCDB - Sounds sensible not to train if you've been feeling rough, hope next weeks better for you

What: 7 miles easy

Why: In training

Last Hard: Sunday

Last rest: Monday

Lyrics: No

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

OH dear BCDB you've ended my lyrics streak!  Hope you feel a bit better soon, if you don't feel like training, don't overdo it.

Circuits this morning, fell off the step and have twisted my ankle.  Icing as we speak!  Hope it's ok for parkrun tomorrow!

Have a good day all, anyone racing this weekend?

• Danny Boy >> Those Lyrics aptly describe much of my training lately. Thanks.

3 or 4 miles easy later. Taper for Sunday's half. I'm feeling good but when the pressure comes on Sunday will be the big test for the calf.

Emzap - hopefully twist isn't too bad - they're usually not bad.

Birks - I hope the pup is worth it!!!!!!
  • 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Tom
    I now think Hadd is a bit OTT, in that some anearobic work probably doesn't do much harm during base training.  However, I will be doing some dedicated base training in the Autumn, as a conditioning phase before marathon training.

What:  3 loops of a hilly circuit d&d
    Why:  My hill running needs improving
    Last hard:  2 days
    Last rest:  1 day
    Lyrics:  Not today

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning all,
    have to say thought it was lovely this morning, nice and bright walking to the station, even if its a bit early...
    What - 4 miles easy
    Why - gentle day ahead of lsr tomorrow
    birk - i really hope you were joking (with ref to the lyric) about a 500 mile round trip for a dog....but good luck !

bon weekends everyone

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Gym tri was 8 mins row 8 mins bike 8 mins run

After 3 intervals sessions yesterday it is safe to say my legs are pretty bolloxed today.

What: Bradfield loop on the bike(24 miles or so) d&d
    Ride the TT course PM
    Why: TT tomorrow
    Last hard: yesterday, all of it
    Last rest: March as it happens
    Lyrics: No but I have had a Crunchie and a bottle of coke
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMUH: how long do you usually swim when you do endurance sessions?

emzap: classic no-win situation. Hold your head up high - they don't deserve you, silly buggers image

Re. lyrics - I think that's pretty much what I did today. Totally useless run, starting as a tempo run but my heart wasn't in it and my legs didn't want to turn. Slowed down a bit and somehow managed 10 miles serving no purpose whatsover ...

Hadd would have my guts for garters ...

Nice weekend all and enjoy your crunchies/time trials/races.
  • StuTStuT ✭✭✭
    Gobi : What sort of time are you doing in yout TT's, what speed are you riding.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Stu - depends on the course but as a rule

Something 23.xx in a 10 and 61.xx in a 25
  • Chickadeee - only 2.7k at the moment, has been up to 4.4k previously, not sure what coach will cap it at this year. Hope the run was a one off.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon.

Very easy 5.4 miles this morning - classed as recovery run. Legs mashed from yesterdays strength work.

Stickless - In reply to your query about my running: I'm doing about 45-50 miles a week, but a little less if any sessions are curtailed due to hip flexor problems. This is probably the maximum mileage I'll be running from now on. It's all a bit one pace at the moment - so basic conditioning really, consisting of mainly steady 7s, a longer run of about 10m and a recovery run of about 5m. Pace is 7;45-8:15. As I said the other day I'm working on setting some targets and getting structure in to my training, but I haven't got the detail yet. The start point is to forget chasing times I've run in the past and set some targets based on previous performances age adjusted to current age.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Bit of catching up for me after a nightmare couple of days... after Wednesday's meeting (which went ok) I was mentally knackered, and went to bed early after a nice run - only to be woken up at 3am by the blimming fire alarm in my building. For some reason it doesn't even make a ringing sound in my flat - just a noise like a very angry blender. The neighbour tried resetting it but that didn't work, and it took until 12pm for someone to come out and look at it... then I got home at 7ish and it was going AGAIN. Ahhrrgghh!! Fortunately it seems to be fixed now so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the music recommendations Tom - I do like the Editors (and indeed the 80s), and have an Interpol album somewhere that I never really tried, so will have to revisit. Bullet For My Valentine and  Avenged Sevenfold are two more of my favourite bands - their stuff varies from a bit heavier/nu-metally to more classic rock with a touch of emo.

Exciting news about the puppy Birkmyre!! Yes, please post pics!

Hello Mava, and goodbye again for now... glad the holiday was good, and hope you manage to get back into it soon.

Glad you're seeing improvements JEB. Running with faster people is definitely the way to do it.

Hope the trotts have cleared up AF!

Sorry to hear about the job Emzap, that really sucks. Qualifications should open up opportunities, not restrict them, but sadly doesn't always work that way... still, you'll find something better I'm sure.

What: Time to face the Treadmill of Doom

Why: I need to

Last hard: They all are

Last rest: Tuesday

Lyrics: No. Typical - I knew all of the ones on days I'd missed!

Happy Friday everyone, hope the Crunchies were good.

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭
    Didnt feel up to much today but managed 6 x 200m on the grass track @35 secs each and then 4 x 100m with the last one being 13.1 secs - felt quite nice to fly along at high speed! image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Totally Knackered today, so no running....

Have brought tickets to see Adrian Edmundson and the bad Shepherds in November though (punk meets Folk....)

Take care

• SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Evening all,

BCDB, RFJ, DonJS, hope you all perk up for the weekend.

Mme O - hope the alarm stays quiet. We have a very sensitive alarm at work, which has a very loud screech, inspiring reflex profanity from me. Maybe they will get round to change or mute it slightly, or at least have it start quietly.

No running today, unless you count a lot of running around - meetings in London and Bristol en route to Devon. That would have been enough fun and games for the day, but got aggressively abused in the train by a guy who was perhaps partly fuelled by drink, but perhaps not entirely. I think I owe my present possession of an unbloodied nose to the fact that another passenger, a rough looking man also slightly lubricated grabbed my attacker by the collar and dragged him away.

So a happy couple of hours were passed in the offices of the transport police, including a tour of the city in a van. Witnesses have volunteered their services and that particular train did happen to have cc tv in the car that my attacker was hauled into.
  • NZChristineNZChristine ✭✭✭
    Stickless - what an awful day! Hope you are o'kay.

Re alarms - I thought it was funny when I was in that earthquake in Christchurch last year, there were no alarms. Guess smoke sets off the fire alarms. Very disturbing.

What: I was going to do some 400m reps, but track was closed, so did 3km effort run with 3km easy.