Options

Radio Worcestershire

Comments

• Options

Pity I'm not closer, Crashie, my temporary filling just fell out!

And yeah, Symes, D'uh!

Question for the floor... Why is that in some men, arrogance can actually be quite attractive, and yet in others it just comes across as 'up themselves'. Or women I guess. Discuss!

• Options

fine line between mr "confident" not quite arrogance and Mr Sexist bastard pig min?

Books, you want a copy of "Hello sailor" by that bloke that attempted the Hour record on a bike.

• Options
    Quite possibly, TT, quite possibly.
  • Options

I'm not a fan of arrogant people. Mainly because I'm better than all of them.

• Options
    *nods sagely at SVT*
  • Options

Mmmm, stuffing...

So, it's Friday afternoon.

• Options

Stuff that, it's not arrogance if you are THE best!

Chicks dig alpha males, and when they are not into the alpha they want whatever the popular girls have.

Guys just drift along, unaware that as they display they are just the poker chips on the womens table.............

or

Some guys are just dicks, o/

• Options
    *nods onionly at the tortoise*
  • Options

*Throws roast beef into the pot*

But some males aren't Alpha (or females) they just THINK they are. And that's when it all goes wrong. I quite like an Alpha Male myself. But I don't like condecending numpites who surround themselves with 'little' people in order to make themselves look great, And then forget the people who knew them before and treat them with something bordering on contempt. Y'see.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

*rumbles loudly*

• Options
    SVT - sorry to say, probably not

Min/Crashie - obvious when you put it like that
  • Options

I think I may be an omega male.

Symes - ah well, never mind. I should be avoiding cake anyway.

• Options
    Symes - how could you not of thought of it? Haven't you got some carbo loading to do? image
  • Options
    Try Taffia wrote (see)

Books, you want a copy of "Hello sailor" by that bloke that attempted the Hour record on a bike.

Michael Hutchinson? "The Hour" is a briefly amusing read.

I dont think I'm an alpha male.

I ran 6 miles. It seemed like hard work. This does not bode terribly well for next Wednesday's race.

• Options
    True Min but it's sort of frowned upon to have 5 cakes on your desk at one time image Not too sure how well they'll mix when we hit Beer o'clock in 13 minutes either
  • Options

Flyers - I'm pretty sure you're not an alpha male. For a split second your last post made me think that the singer from INXS was a cyclist...

I've realised I'm an Alfa male.

• Options

SVT - well, if two of us harbour the same suspicion, I think we can just chalk it up as fact.

So, my hard work 6 miles actually took 47:20. Which might explain why it felt like hard work. And might not be so bad for next Wednesday after all!

• Options
    musketeermusketeer ✭✭✭
    just a flying visit from Plymouth - down for the half marathon on Sunday
  • Options

Have a good run, Muskers!

I can't believe that I'd spotted the Alfa Male pun a mile off, but then been beaten to it! Damn!

Flyers, nope, you're not an alpha male; I think you have to be a boy for that image 47:20 for 6 miles, however, must make you an Alpha Female...damn good running!

I'm not sure what sort of a male I am, but I must be some sort or other; I could fancy being an Epsilon Male, I think.

Symes, beer and cake; perfect for a decaironalphamale, methinks!

I've just PBd my off road loop by 38 seconds over 3.6 miles; chuffed with that. Ooh, bad joke alert:

My mate just committed suicide by throwing himself in front of a steam train; he was chuffed to bits.

I thank you.

• Options

Evening.........image

I agree with Tortoise...."Or " statement. ,which includes Alpha Females... scary.image

Symes by now i hope you managed the cake an Beer earlier.

Well done on the PB loop Crashie Epsilon (disappears to look up epsilon). image

• Options
    How do guys, Just taking a straw pole.........current long run about 12 miles. 50k ultra on a 20/10 run/walk basis in7 weeks time. Doable or certain to knacker myself? I know the answer just want confirmation. Off to read back over the last few days.
  • Options

GP........walk in the Park for You. Or run/walk in this case.imageimage never say can't.....!!

Morning from Wet Wales.

• Options

Morning all!

Crashie - someone actually told me they were "chuffed to bits" <said in northern accent> with my work this week (unfortunately it wasn't my boss!)

Hurrah to half-term.  Off to the Hay Festival to see Brian Cox today - "see" being the operative word from me image  However, HLad is immersed in his book and keeps trying to tell me things that he thinks I will like (poor mite!)

I have some Olympic tickets image  (well money has now gone out of my account) - but not all of them image  So now commences the task of beating the letter to work out which ones I've got - my money's on handball and volleyball with some out of hockey, basketball and tabletennis.  I think tennis and swimming will be no-nos and I'm not sure about the athletics ..... 

• Options

Gizzy; no problems! Just take it easy for the first couple of hours. I've got the Marrs Bar tickets BTW image

HL, nice work on the Olympic tickets.

*waves to the tortoise*

We've been out on a run, but Squish's cold meant we only did five rather than the planned 11; nice run though!

We were at a bulimia party last night; the place was heaving!

• Options
    Went to a bulimic's birthday recently, the cake jumped out of the girl...
  • Options

ITV commentator to Nemanja Vidic (Man Utd Captain after losing the Champions League Final 3-1)

"How do you sum up the match Nemanja?"

"Errrrrr. They won"

The boy's a genius I tells yah.

Lexi, thanks for the ultra feedback (for want of a better word). Hope you're not too wet in Wales.

Thanks for getting the tickets Mr H, how much do I owe you? (I did ask for 3 didn't I? Me, Jude and Jon). Glad you had a nice run. Thanks for the ultra feedback.

I think there's a joke about the bulimic jokes being in poor taste and a bit sick, just can't quite word it though.

• Options

Gizzy; Symes image

Now, The Darkness, Leamington, 6th June; anyone fancy it?

• Options
    Sadly I 'should' be busy that night!
  • Options

Crashie - nice offer but no thanks image

Well done on the running - you and Squish
    musky - hope the plymouth half went well

Yesterday I went to Hay and went to the circus, saw Prof Brian Cox (and even understood some of what he said!) and Rob Lowe signed my book image  I wish I'd discovered Hay earlier (the festival that is, rather than the town) - HLad and I are going back on Thursday and HLad is going with a friend on Tuesday as well!

Today I have been gardening - not nearly as much fun!

• Options

HL - well done on the star spotting!

I've been doing more mundane things but having a good weekend, and a 59-second PB at the MK parkrun  yesterday (including my first top-half finish).