st albans half - june

2»

Comments

• Just hope it's not as hot as it was a couple of years ago, absolutely roasting, coupled with the hills.

On the plus side, the finishing line lollies went down very well. 

k8 - good to get the distance under your belt. I managed 11 miles at the weekend, about 8.15 min miles.

Aiming to beat previous time of 1.47 but not holding out much hope...

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭
    k8greene wrote (see)

Well done for the Woodland half, pleased with your time?

I guess so.  I ran 1:42 but it was trail so difficult to compare with a road race.  I'm hoping to go a little quicker at St Albans.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

That's good Loz, but like you say hard to compare to a road race.   

I'll just be pleased if I can run the whole thing, at the start of the week I thought I'd be having to do walking breaks.

Today felt good but apart from one nasty hill it was relatively flat and as I started early it wasn't baking hot.

My focus is on getting the medal, as I used to live there it'll have pride of place! Unless it's crap then I'll just hide it behind the others.

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

Well the St Albans medal can't be worse than the Woodland medal, no year or event name on it, very disappointing image  

And it was my 10th half marathon as well.  Still I've got to go some to catch up with your haul of medals image 

Have you counted them lately?

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Oh no, that's such a shame. I don't expect it to be on the ribbon & engraved on the back but at least one or the other, esp for a half. Well done on completing you're 10th though, St Albans will be my 4th

I counted them when I added the last one a couple of weeks ago but have now forgot image, 37 or 38 I think. I do have an imposter on there, London to Brighton bike ride which I don't count in my total.

How many are you up to?

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

The event was on the ribbon but no date on the ribbon or medal.  The thing is I'm supposed to be running another Fat Feet event in August so I suspect they'll be giving out the same lousy medal there as well.  I've contacted them about it for clarification as in that case I might ask for a refund but not heard anything as yet.  I think I'm up to 14 medals. It must take you ages getting ready in the morning putting them all on image

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

14? I assumed you had more. I know they're just as important to you as mine are to me so it's great when the total keeps growing. Have you got your scrap book yet?

The amount of medals I have is put to shame by some on here. As long as I get 100 before I'm 30 I'll be happy.

Is it Grimsthorpe half? Isn't it quite a drive to get there from yours?

• runlozrunrunlozrun ✭✭✭

The scrap book is on my birthday wish list next month image

I was going to make a weekend of it and pop in to see my sister for Grimsthorpe as she lives in Peterborough.

I've already got a rough schedule of races for next year and quite a few are still reasonably local although I am looking a bit further afield like Bath and perhaps Bristol.

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Happy adavnced Birthday! image I would ask how old but the number may shock me image ( image )

Once you have the scrap book, if you can upload a pic if you can.

The more I race, the closer to home I want it to be. Definitely want to do either the MK 10k or half in March. Would like to do the Berko half again & maybe the Watford half in Feb if I'm not on hols. Oh & VLM would be good but like that's gonna happen!

Only managed a 5 mile run this morning as legs were heavy & don't think I could have stomached another 13 miles.

• Since I did the London 10000 on Monday, I've had a horrible virus that's knocked me for six and severely interrupted the last bit of my training for St Albans. Ah well, probably better for it to happen this week than next...
  • MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

Hope you start to feel better soon Peter, if not you can join me at the back of the pack image