Too fat to run now

Comments

• Please be careful of the hamstring Limper, you know i worry
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

I appreciate your worrying Tippy.
    However, needs must, so I am going to run home again tomorrow.

My ward is being swamped (literally) by a gut infection. I really hope I don't bring any of that home for the weekend.image 

Hope work and life and everything is OK with everyone?

<< sits by inbox awaiting piccies of tanned legs and flexed pecs >>

• Piccies not posted yet then I see.  Come on Tippy.

Limper you be careful of hamstring.  You don't want to pick up an injury now.  Did you run home today?  Are you ok?  No bug picked up I hope.

Was totally amazed yesterday at weigh in.  I lost 1lb.  Now for me that is a first.  2 weeks holidays and I come back 1lb lighter than I went.  I mean after all the wine and gin and cider I drank and all the non exercise due to rain just how did I manage it.  Not going to argue with the scales so hey ho lets just continue.

Thank goodness its Friday.  I was horrified yesterday to hear on the news that women born betweem 1953 and 1955 were now being made to work till 66 instead of the originally increased age of 64.  I mean come on folks.  I have worked since leaving school at 14 apart from 8 years raising children up to all of them being of school age.  Even in that 8 years I did some form of part time work before starting back to full time 28 years ago and studying for my HND in accounts at the same time.  AND when I think about it I did Saturday work from the age of 12.

SO I think I am entitled to a state pension long before I am 66. Its not fair.  Moan moan moan.  I dont want to work another 9 years.

Ok moan over.

Hubby working all weekend so not only have I not seen him all week I wont see him all weekend either.

Weather permitting I will get out walking/plodding.

How is everyone and what have you all planned this weekend then?

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Couldn't run home due to transport issues this morning (had to give someone a lift).

I've heard rumours that here in the NHS we may be celebrating our 70th birthdays still in employment Speedy image
    Well done on your weight loss!

My weekend will be housework and gardening and horses and some joggling.

• 70!!! That is just insane.

Digs walked and now being lazy. Should be doing housework but not in the mood.
  • Weather vile today. Getting home from work was a nightmare. Tress down everywhere. Oh the joys of British weather.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Morning.

Terrible weather here too Speedy. The wind is coming straight off the sea (southerly). Tonight I will attempt to 'run' home into it!

I bet Tippy is still basking in the heat. Lucky boy!
    (Hope the volcano dust doesn't stop you getting back to Blighty Tips).

• Hope the run home was ok Limper.

Still windy here but not so bad.

Lucky Tippy right enough.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

The run was terrible Speedy. Not a pretty sight at all!
    Dunno why, but it was the toughest 9 miles that I've done in ages. Admittedly it was rather warm and extremely windy, but that doesn't completely excuse my naff-ness!
    Two and a half weeks until marathon day and I can't run 9 miles. Eeeek!!!

Where's ol' Bodj gorn orf to lately? << Peers inside the drinks cabinet suspiciously >>

• <tumbles out>

Ouch Limper that hurt!!

Been very busy, 2 more long days and that's it for this month, not working, but just long days!

Off in gin palace this w/end....can't wait image

What's this about delayed retirement, I had to go to 65 anyway, as just missed out, but shall be living in gin palace long befor that......done enuff years for full pension, will just have to wait longer to get it......image

Tippy, hope you are not working too hard....

Had Ma over here on Sunday, too much daylight now, she looked at the wilderness, we call a garden, and said 'you have a lot still to do here...'

...and I'm permitted to tell now...mini B is pregnant and Due November 20th image. erm, that makes 6 then......but only the 2nd for Mini B!

Right bed beckons

<jumps up and down on lily pad....>

• God news bodjit.
    We are nearly through with the build, felting roof tomorrow then electrics.
    Looking at the news may have to stay here if the volcano continues.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Oooh, congratulations Mini B and Granny B image

My mother doesn't comment on the state of my house or garden. I think she's just glad that I still have a house to live in!
    And on that subject... off to the solicitors again today - it's all very confusing and scary.

Tippy dear - hope you don't get stuck out there too long.
    Is this cabin to live in or just a very posh shed?!

Hope your weather has cheered up Speedy. Ours has a bit.

I don't understand pensions at all. I doubt I have one. I'm hoping to having a well-paid daughter at some point though image

• Congratulations to mini B and grandma. I remember seeing Jacob when he was just a few days old.

We are off to caravan too at weaken and yes I too will be living in it long before 66 Bodjit. I have worked enough for full state pension when I am old enough. Just not got enough of work pension. Thank goodness hubby got a good pension to come.

Weather still bad Limper but not so windy. Still raining though.

I am sure you will be ok on race day. Positive thoughts.

Tippy now if you can't get home just think of all the extra sun you can get.

Was going to plod tonight but too wet.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Storming down here this morning.
    Brrrrrrrr.
  • Wet here too.

Bit pee'd off.  Just got my defered entry email for London for next year and you have to enter on line using this years running number.  I know that just last weekend I had a clear out of mail and threw the number out.  So now what do I do?  Cant get past first page because I dont have my number.  Am sure it didnt say anywhere that I had to keep a note of my number to use to enter.

Stayed the same at the weigh in this morning.

Feel quite down tonight.  I have stopped taking my amitryptalin with the doctors advice and I think the effects of not having it is kicking in.  The side effect of the weight gain has stopped and that is why I am losing weight.  So now not sure what to do.

How is everyone?

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    If you're not coping without the meds then maybe you should still be taking them Speedy? Why did the doc take you off them? Should you try a different one?
    ((((((((((()))))))))
  • Limper, it is a studio for our friend who is a writer.
    Speedy. Sorry to hear you are down.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Oh, so it's a posh shed then Tippy. image
    Are things OK for you with the weather and return flights etc?

It's grey and chilly and howling wind down here. More like November.

Today should be a long run for me, but at the moment I'm quite comfy sitting at my pute in the warm!

Hope you're feeling brighter Speedy?

Is Bodj unconscious in her wagon again?
    << tows gin wagon to the river bank with the door facing the water... >>

• Morning all on this bank holiday Monday.

Is everyone ok?

Did you manage your long run then Limper?

Did a 6.38 mile walk yesterday over the hill from caravan to the loch and back.  Of course had to pop into the pub at the loch for a drink.  Was steeper up hill on way back so was tougher second half.

Sun shining just now but I just got dogs back in when heavens opened.  If rain stays off I might go out for a cycle before we head home.

London Marathon now entered.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

I managed a reasonable run yesterday Speedy, although it was windier than ever and I felt like I was running on the spot much of the time!
    Today I could just sleep and sleep. I think it's the wind that makes me feel like that. Gets me quite headachy too.

That was a good distance walk you did, especially knowing what Scottish miles and Scottish hills can be like!

• Good for you getting out in the wind. It does make it hard. I felt I was getting blown away on the hill yesterday. Visions of Max taking off....lol

Hope you feel ok now and get a sleep tonight Limper.

Got home to leaking water tank. Water coming through bedroom ceiling. Bed and carpet soaked. Have turned of water to hot tank and drained it. Insurance call tomorrow as think ceiling may need repaired.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Oh no Speedy, that's a horrible homecoming. Water damage is just so miserable. I hope your insurance sorts it out adequately. Have you arranged a plumber to do the tank as well?

I'm having a lot of sleep problems at the moment, which leaves me feeling thoroughly knackered at the weekends. Never mind.

How's it looking for the transatlantic traveller then Tippy?

<< shakes the tortoise >>

• Morning Limper:

Home again now image. Studio built and our friends are in the process of painting the interior.

Have checked and definatly book in for Portsmouth Marathon, will be running with running partner, so if you want to join us for a joggette in December..................

Speedy; sorry to hear that you have water damage,

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Sorry you are no longer luxuriating Stateside Tippy darling, but I'm glad you got home safely. 

Definitely happy to join you and ?Eagle for the Pompey Plod. With the two of you running there'll be no reason why you can't carry me between you!

I have the South Down mara a week Saturday. Hahahahaha.

How are things Speedy?

You still out there Bodj? How's Mini B?

• Afternooooooooooooon

Yuk, hate being shaken!!!!!

Yes I am about, limping along with my computer...the screen keeps going into vertical coloured lines....very pretty!! The guarantee runs out in October so need to get it repaired, as most of the time now I don't have a screen....so as this morning I have, I have been busy taking all my stuff off it, ready for repair, and catch up with all the stuff I need to do, as in a load of invoices...image

Speedy, sorry to hear of your leaks, not good, is it all sorted now??

Limper, how are the aches and pains and ham strings??

Tippy, welcome back, fun ain't it?!

Well need to go and get dressed as off to see ma at 3 and take her shoppoing.......

Back soon image  I hope!

• Limper its a deal.
    I have managed to coarse oh into giving us a lift down so you may get to meet him.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Sounds like a luncheon party is in order then Tippy. image

Why oh why can I spend months not even noticing my immediate environment and then all of a sudden I decide to start decorating or gardening? I really should be restrained. Forcibly if required. I only knacker myself and make things worse than they were before I started! Today it's the garden. I can hardly bear to go back out there to face the carnage I've wreaked so far!

Hope you get the puter sorted out Bodj.

• Evening. Welcome back Tippy. Hope you had a good time.

Now got no hot water tank. So only cold water in house. Old one taken out as was still badly leaking. Electric fused and fridge went on fire. Hopefully new tank in next week.

Ceiling in bedroom needs part replaced.

How is marathon training going Limper?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Do I need to start training Speedy? Oh cr@p. image

Your house sounds in a similar state to mine. In my case it's because everything is old and knackered (including the occupant) and I can't afford to replace it. I do have hot water these days though so am doing slightly better than you.

Maybe Tippy and his gang could come and build me a luxury shed to live in image

• Well would be wooden frame and that is not good in this environment....
    Doing some weights as home alone so taking time to de stress by throwing weights around