Options

Sotos 10K

Comments

• Options
    Hi, Robert
    you can enter here - http://www.ukresults.net/11jun.html#sotos or enter on the day, it's a great run, I have done it for the last 2 years and hope to run it again this year
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    did this a few years ago good race and all flat aswell
  • Options

Thanks for the nice comments and help, I will hope for anouther warm calm day but not as hot as last year for you all it was even to hot as a part of the organizing team all the running about.

What i can guarantee you is a great T shirt,bananas and SIS sports drinks and we ask from you is you tell as many friends as possible about the event and the cause ands enjoy the day , then please rate it on Runners World

• Options
    May do it this year. How many generally turn up for it? I did Garstang 10k for my first run and was pretty slow compared to most of the others!
  • Options

Hi Kate,

Last years results are here - 2010 results, You'll enjoy it, no mater what pace you run or walk at and you usually get a technical running shirt at the finish line, give it a go, it's all for a good cause.

• Options
    Thanks! Yes I think I will do it. My time is usually around an hr but I am trying to reduce this! Just not really what I would call a natural runner.
  • Options
    Kate you will be fine there are plenty of people around the hour mark
  • Options
    I`m in! Any info on the course? Planning first 3 miles at 8 m/m then go at 7`s to home. Part of a plan!
  • Options
    Pete Waywell wrote (see)

What i can guarantee you is a great T shirt,bananas and SIS sports drinks and we ask from you is you tell as many friends as possible about the event and the cause ands enjoy the day , then please rate it on Runners World

Hi Pete, your going to have a few again from Oldham and Royton Harriers on Sunday. With regards the T-shirt, the last few have become very precious collectors items within the club. Any hint on if they will follow a similar design to previous years and if so, what colour will it be this year?

See you Sunday!

• Options
    have a enter on the day does anyone no where to registerimage
  • Options

Hi all

Yes there is entries on the day @ the sea cadets base in fleetwood on the prom, Wokky the T shirts this year are Red they look fantastic and there are some of last years brilliant Orange ones that will be on sale for just £2.00 each yes a tech t shirt for just £2 BARGAIN.

See you all sunday looks like we have ordered the sun aswell

• Options
    Sorry didnt answer the course question it is flat ,flat, and flat only down side is if it is windy you are on the promonade if it is still and hot you can cook. Ideal conditions would be overcast with slight southerly
  • Options
    Looking forward to it. It`ll be interesting to see how the weather turns out and that could well affect my raceplan!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the day. We even have the families running in the 2k event. See you there. Newman Barnes RC.
  • Options

This is the best 10k around and I spoke to everyone I knew today and they totally agreed. The following also applies for today. We've done the last 3 runnings as a club and its

• easy to get to,
    • easy to park,
    • easy to pick up your number with very helpful volunteers,
    • its for a very good cause which the organisers are truly passionate about
    • Its not extortionate in price
    • It has the best technical t-shirt around for finishers (last years still looks brand new and I wear it once a week)
    • The course is brill.
    • The marshalls are beautifully smiley
    • everyone who takes part is happy to be there
    • and finally, everyone is there to run AND help towards a very good cause.

The only thing is, we predicted this weather last month (jokingly) as it is the only thing you cant choose. How can the last Sunday of June for the last 3 years be randomly so humid? However, that justs add to the challenge. Thanks to everyone and again for another great technical T!

I speak on behalf of not just myself, but everyone at Oldham & Royton Harriers image

• Options
    Had a great day. Family ran the 2k fun run and were all pleased to receive a medal. 10K was hard work thanks to the heat and humidity. Very well organised event, marshalls and water stations providing a fantastic service. On behalf of Newman Barnes RC thank you very much indeed.