Windsor Tri

Is anyone doing Windsor at the weekend?

I know I should have already left to park the car and rack the bike to be ready by Sunday but was just wondering. Seemed easier than trifle.

Meface

Comments

• M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Don't sweat it.  Just make sure you rack your bike on Saturday and turn up at stupid o'clock on Sunday to race.  Don't leave your chip in the car on Sunday image
  • The events seem to start earlier and earlier and the registrations seem to be getting earlier on the Saurday.

Swash was a 05:15 start or something with a registration of 3pm the day before. This one has me registering at 11am (FFS) may as well go straight from msaters swimming on Saturday morning.Plus just been mailed by Swash to register for 2012. 2012 ---- I haven't even decided what I'm doing for a summer holiday this year let alone what events I'm entering for next year!

Rant over.

• Hi there
    I am doing Windsor too as I thought it would be a good idea to try out a wetsuit tri before Regensburg! and yep it seems to be a logistical nightmare just to get to the start line! 6.20am start is not cool at all...
  • Hi meface.  Registration times are just a guideline.  Basically you can turn up anytime between 11am and 4.20pm to register.  Don't forget to bring your bike and helmet for racking on Saturday.
  • M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    Last time I did this I rode the bike course on the Saturday before registering.  Then ambled into Windsor for ice-cream.
  • fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    at least you'll be done and dusted by breakfast time.....image

we did it one year - by nightfall we were halfway down France having left to head off on holiday straight after finishing so early starts do have some advantages!!

• Armadillo wrote (see)
    Hi meface.  Registration times are just a guideline.  Basically you can turn up anytime between 11am and 4.20pm to register.  Don't forget to bring your bike and helmet for racking on Saturday.

Yeah it did indicate it was a guide but likely my OCD will force me to turn up at the right time. Will be locking my bike in transition, security or not, and it will have the bare minimum on it until race day.

Looking forward to the thrash and with a 07:30 start should be done by 10:30 and be home in time for lunch, or queuing to get out the car park. 

Can't remember if it was Windsor but did read one set of race instructions that suggested we don't all leave at the same time. Like we would all know each other or use telepathy to arrange suitable departure times. We are triathletes not dolphins.

Will be in yellow and black on race day.

• M.ister WM.ister W ✭✭✭
    I've never had to queue to get out of the car park.