Hi from a newby - after some advice please!

Hi image

I'm new to running and am currently on week 4 of a training plan I found on here (running 5 minutes, walking 2 minutes, 4 times).

I've also joined a running club for beginners who are coincidentally following the same plan!

The problem I'm having at the moment is breathing! Although I feel OK when I'm running, I don't SOUND ok - my breathing comes out in loud wheezy gasps and I'm worried that somebody I pass is going to call an ambulance or something! It seems to go back to normal after about 30secs of the walky bit.

It isn't too bad when I go out with the running club as it's a flat route along the canal - but when I go out on my own there's a few slight hills which seems to make all the difference.

I was fairly fit and active before I started running, I'm not overweight and don't have asthma or anything.

Does it get easier to breathe? Or are there any breathing techniques that may help me?  Or am I just destined to be loud and wheezy forever? (I DO feel OK and can keep going despite sounding otherwise!)

Thanks!

Comments