PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Barley
    BMBecky & Mr BMB
    Cat5 (if Mrs Cat5 doesn't get in to the VLM)
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cougie
    Dave the Ex Spartan

Ditchy
    Dustboy
    Happychap
    Hope
    Flat Footed
    IronM.in
    kk (home turf means I may be able to afford to play next year)
    Lee the Pea - possibly. Already i feel I can do better than the one this year i've not even done yet...
    Meldy
    Mousey
    Mr Zuvai
    orangeCannon
    Purple
    Iron Swissbobby
    Silver Trucker
    Tommygun2 (yes I am going to do it, no more stupid injuries)
    Toucs (as part of a relay team probably)
    Ultra AJH
    WildWill
    D.O.G.
    Little Sister (either swimming or cycling as part of a relay team)
    PerriPerry - though dont tell anyone sshhhhhhh
    Tired Legs - a massive maybe (also depends on when the Lakeland 50 is next year)
    Saffers (possibly/maybe but sshhhhh cos gotta get it pass the Gestapo first) image
    Soup Dragon
    Viking
    Jack Sparra
    Tonka Boy (providing all is going as planned )
    Rio (maybe, possibly, depending, but will support whatever ) - hopes that G doesn't see this yet!
    Razor51

• You are allowed to be happy you know .... its well over a year away yet !
  • Barley
    BMBecky & Mr BMB
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cougie
    Dave the Ex Spartan
    Ditchy
    Dustboy
    Happychap
    Hope
    Flat Footed
    IronM.in
    Jaffa (Relay or feedstation likely as not racing IM in 2012)
    Lee the Pea - possibly. Already i feel I can do better than the one this year i've not even done yet...
    Meldy
    Mousey
    Mr Zuvai
    orangeCannon
    Purple
    Iron Swissbobby
    Silver Trucker
    Ultra AJH
    WildWill
    D.O.G.
    Tired Legs - a massive maybe (also depends on when the Lakeland 50 is next year)
    Saffers (possibly/maybe but sshhhhh cos gotta get it pass the Gestapo first) image
    Soup Dragon
    Viking
    Jack Sparra
    Rio (maybe, possibly, depending, but will support whatever ) - hopes that G doesn't see this yet!
    Razor51

• HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Jaffa, which bit of the relay do you want to do, we may have a cyclist image
  •  Have asked for a rough guide to a date for next year, as olympic meetings and duties may impinge on whether I can enter.

*Cough*

Barley
    BMBecky & Mr BMB
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cougie
    Dave the Ex Spartan
    Ditchy
    Dustboy
    Happychap
    Hope
    Flat Footed
    IronM.in
    Meldy
    Mousey
    Mr Zuvai
    Nicko (Olympic duties allowing) {sounds good that}
    orangeCannon
    Purple
    Iron Swissbobby
    Silver Trucker
    Ultra AJH
    D.O.G.
    Tired Legs - a massive maybe (also depends on when the Lakeland 50 is next year 
    Saffers (possibly/maybe but sshhhhh cos gotta get it pass the Gestapo first) image
    Soup Dragon
    Viking
    Jack Sparra
    Razor51
    WildWill

• *Cough*

Barley
    BMBecky & Mr BMB
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cougie
    Dave the Ex Spartan
    Ditchy
    Dustboy
    Happychap
    Hope
    Flat Footed
    IronM.in
    Meldy
    Mousey
    Mr Zuvai
    orangeCannon
    Purple
    Iron Swissbobby
    Silver Trucker (will someone hold my hand on way round please image )
    Ultra AJH
    D.O.G.
    Saffers (possibly/maybe but sshhhhh cos gotta get it pass the Gestapo first)
    Soup Dragon
    Viking
    Jack Sparra
    Razor51
    WildWill
  • Paaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! image
  • Half_PintHalf_Pint ✭✭✭
    when do entries for 2012 open? and how soon do they fill?
  • There's still places for this year I think? So not to fast.
  • Roll up, roll up.....

This is a great IM distance race, really well run, on a fast (ie not massive hills) course.

Great first event, as it's relatively cheap, easy to get into, and the pirate massive will provide it's usual levels of support on the day/ help on the training stuff as well.

Don't forget to buy a pirate Monaco/tri top though otherwise you will be anonomous. Wearing loud yellow pirate kit is even sillier than bobbing around in a lake at 6am in rubber

Go on, you know you want to!

• Half_PintHalf_Pint ✭✭✭

Just seen the big list of names and really tempted. Kinda decided that Outlaw is going to be the one I want to have a crack at but really not sure if 2012 is too soon.

Against-

Crap swimmer, start my final year of uni on monday, never done a triathlon, moneys a bit tight, scared of open water. if i did it 2013 i could buy loads of carbon bits and magnets etc etc etc (because a carbon fibre water bottle holder would make all the difference).

For-

Lots of loons doing it, always going to be busy no matter how long I wait, I really, really, really want to do an ironman distance event.

Have emailed someone about a sprint tri so I shall wait til then but i am waivering

• I'm a crap swimmer could only do 25 metre length in March. Hal_pint all us newbies to Tri are unsure but if you don't Tri image you will never know image
  • well I shall stop lurking on here now as I've just had my beautiful bianchi stolen image    have spent months getting it relatively comfortable for me to ride with all my back problems, and I'm thoroughly pee'd off image
  • Fraggle - No!  How did it get stolen? And where from?  You must be gutted. image
  • fraggle........I feel for you mate.......theiving b#stards.image
  • Where from Fraggle?...get checking on Gumtree..is it property marked? Hope the thief gets run over on the way home.

• They crowbarred open the garage door, stole my scott mtb (which i cycle to work on), my bianchi road bike (image ) tried to cut through the lock on Mr Frag's new bike, couldn't so removed the forks instead and mangled lots of bits in the process image

we are mr and mrs gutted of reading this evening!

so far nothing on ebay or gumtree, but I am checking regularly

got the police coming round tomorrow, so at least we'll be abe to clean up porperly afterwards

• OMG fraggle - thats terrible. image 
  • Bad news Fraggle. Hope they catch the thieving bastards.

Roll up, roll up.....

This is a great IM distance race, really well run, on a fast (ie not massive hills) course.

Great first event, as it's relatively cheap, easy to get into, and the pirate massive will provide it's usual levels of support on the day/ help on the training stuff as well.

Don't forget to buy a pirate Monaco/tri top though otherwise you will be anonomous. Wearing loud yellow pirate kit is even sillier than bobbing around in a lake at 6am in rubber

Go on, you know you want to!

OK, after lurking for a while I've had enough wine tonight to say that if the Vit goes well, I'll be in. If it doesn't, I'll be supporting! Will add my name to the list in a mo!
  • *Cough*

Barley
    BMBecky & Mr BMB
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cougie
    Dave the Ex Spartan
    Ditchy
    D.O.G.
    Dustboy
    Happychap
    Hope
    Flat Footed
    IronM.in
    Iron Swissbobby
    Jack Sparra
    Meldy
    Mousey
    Mr Zuvai
    orangeCannon
    Prince Siegfried
    Purple
    Razor51
    Saffers (possibly/maybe but sshhhhh cos gotta get it pass the Gestapo first)
    Silver Trucker (will someone hold my hand on way round please )
    Soup Dragon
    Ultra AJH
    Viking
    WildWill
    *Cough*
    probably upset the formatting, but I'm sure Schmunkee will sort it out soon! image
  • Fraggle that is sooooooooo shit. Hope they catch the little f*ckers. image
  • Frodo, I feel I've been bullied into it!! image
  • To resist is like trying to dig holes in water... image
  • Strange they took the forks off hubbys bike Fraggle, were they carbon? If so I would say it was someone that knows bikes!
  • Nicko - I think it was because they couldn't get the rest of the bike (decent lock thru the frame) so took waht they could. Apparently the forks are tapered and they've left some bits behind so they'll be useless anyway image

Police have been very helpful, have been given photos of the bikes so will get them on thir list of bikes to look out for asap, so am feeling happier today image

I will carryon lurking on here  - you never know, if I get a new bike that suits me, if training goes ok then I may join you for the full monty, if not then I'll do a relay or support thingy doodah image