My Last Run

Comments

• 5 miles in 47 minutes. Recovery run after yesterdays effort.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

5k park run today with my 8 year old son.  Time around 29 minutes, he did really well.

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/457948/Gallery/Clare_Glens.jpg

10km along foot paths near to this. There was around 210m of ascent and it took around 52 minutes. Beautiful.

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    What a lovely run! I'm very envious!
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    7.35 miles today with some on country footpaths and Bridleways.  It would have been quite enjoyable if I hadnt got lost!  We are going out soon so called and asked my husband to come and meet me in the car and I made my way back to the main road.  I saw where I had gone wrong on the way back so will try again another day when I have nothing planned!
  • unlucky Alib! Nice effort though.

nice scenery Redjeep!

Me; LSR, on the Meon Valley Trail, rather muddy in places. 21.7M in 3.02.50.

Feel pretty good, considering.

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

Alib - I get lost all the time when I run along trails, I always thought that was part of the fun of it !

DF - Nice running. 

As it was Father's Day I was taken for a 7.5 km run along the local canal by my two teenage sons. They also convincingly "let" me beat them ....image

I also got the world's best B.L.T sandwich made for me for lunch when I got home and a variety of running/ Triathlon stuff. It doesn't get much better than this. image

• 14.65 miles yesterday afternoon.

One of those runs where you feel like you could run all day.

• 5m Fartlek done on a sunny summers morning up here. Great run. Hard though.
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Hi all. Today I limped about a quarter of a mile to the shop and back. The right leg from the knee and down the inside of the shin still hasn't recovered. The shin aches and the knee is uncomfortable to put weight on. Oh well, can do a bit of gym work and just rest up for a week or so. Bugger...
  • 4M Mostly off road. Recovery run as legs heavy from yesterdays session. So easy/steady one

Redjeep: Cracking picture.

alib: Don't worry,getting lost occasionally is all part of running.

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    Just joined the local running club this evening and did 8.8 miles and 1 mile there and 1 mile back so 10.8 in total at a faster pace than I usually would.   Quite enjoyable for a change.
  • I'm just new to running, but have a 4 mile loop I'm concentrating on until I can do it in great time - 40 mins this morning.

Seeing some of you guy's posting about 14 miles and more seems like a dream to me - hope I get to that level this year!
  • 3miles easy for me off road  as legs heavy and back stiff this morning. Wet up here. heavy drizzle.

Bikerbabe: Welcome here tooimage

• Thanks for the welcome!

After yesterdays fabby early morning run I had every intention of getting up again this morning before work, but "snoozed" the alarm 3 times, eek!

I think I should aim to maybe do 1 or 2 early morning runs before work (I only work p/t over 3 days) and then my long run on a Thurs and again on the weekend where my boy comes with me on his bike (many times I've thought of getting a backie from him).

Lovely sunny day here - though the I'm off to the Hoppings with the boy tonight so you can pretty much guarantee it will tip down later!

• Morning people!

Hope you're better soon JT!

Welcome Bikerbabe! Hope it stays dry!

Me; 8M in this morning, with 15min at 6:30M/m pace. Looking forward to Sunday's 10k.

Hoping to get under 40 again.

• alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭

Welcome Bikerbabe! 

Just a 3.7 mile slow run this morning,  after last nights effort my calfs were really sore.  I would have usually had a rest day toay but I had to drop my car off for an MOT so had to get back home some how.

• Hello people,

8M back again, with three reps of starting slowly working up to a decent pace. Altogether in the order of 7:30m/M, so two good sessions today.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Good evening, folks.  My irregular postings continue image  as does the Streak, currently at 143 days.

I'm liking the variety of running here and wish you all health & strength as a result image

• Last run was Sunday, 10.6 miles in 85 minutes running in a new pair of shoes a little. Toes felt a little sore afterwards but pretty pleased on the whole.
  • RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭

Welcome Bikerbabe. 

Just back from another run along the river in the picture. The trails were much muddier today and I almost ended up on my @rse half a dozen times. I need to get some proper off road shoes.

Still enjoyed it though....

• 5M Fartlek on a dreich and drizzly Scottish summers morning. Hard session.
  • Morning all

After the inspiring running tales on here - I de toured off my usual loop of 4 miles and did an extra 2 miles on top, it took me 1hr3 mins, so I'm still averaging 10-11 mm but I guess I'll get quicker as I get fitter?

I run in the woods, so very muddy this morning, lot's of rabbits, & friendly dawgs to be seen!
  • Hello people

Well done Swittle! Long may the streak continue!

Good stuff Bikerbabe; yes, you should get faster over time by increasing distances. When you're comfortable running over an hour at your steady pace  you may want to introduce the odd shorter but slightly faster run, to accelerate the process of getting quicker. No point in overdoing it though!

Me: close to 14M on the South Downs Way. The rain made it quite a slippy affair. 2h3min.

• 10 miles for me. This was on the treadmill and did not time myself. This was my first proper run for a few days as picked up a niggle at the top of my left leg after sort of dislodging my leg from hip on one of the leg weight machines at gym. Things feel better now, and I will never be using that weight machine again. Bl##dy machine should be thrown outimage.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Cheers, Dutch: kind of you to say image  7am & 4.1 miles through Crosby & down the beach on a warm, breezy day.

Off road's where it's at, Bikerbabe image

• 5 Miles Easy/Steady on a cracking sunny summers morning.
  • alib1975alib1975 ✭✭✭
    8.6 miles today.  I am starting to feel fitter again so hopefully being more consistant and upping the miles gradually is paying off!
  • Was going to do 15  miles, but after 1 & 1/2 stopped as niggle at top of left leg  reared it's ugly head againimage. Will have the weekend off now and slowly try to get back into things next week.

Damn! life without running is not nice.

Good luck to Dutch for Sunday, and anyone else racing this weekend.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Good plan, Solent R - hope you're back out there soon image

5 miles at 7am around the Marina - and a close encounter with an over-exuberant sheepdog image  When I stopped running, he padded over for a chat image