Time trialling Thread

12346»

Comments

• I have my first 100 in 11 days time. Terrified is an understatement! Haven't got much idea of time to aim for, how hard to go out or what nutrition strategy to use.

Done a 50, you can do a 100. Time, upto you. depends on course. but you will have a slight drop off in speed after about 80 miles unless the course favours it. Anfield 100 I went past 50 miles in 2.02 for a wishful thinking of 4..07 or 4.08. finish(knocked off by a car and done 20 miles on a broken shoulder bone).

Nutrtion, if anything something a bit more savoury on snack on. Remember on a 100 mile race you support crew can follow you(can not pass more than once every 10 miles) so your crew can carry stuff for you.  Drinks,have what you normaly have but a bit more if hot and as above any support crew can hand up bottles that you did't carry.

Might be eggs, grandma suck i don't know but a 50 mile race I do in 2 hours with one bottle and f8ck off to the pub. 100 mile race i have a a lot of bottles kit etc LOL. 12 hour TTing........I just take the shop!

FB wilkos ride was fantastic. 270 mile 12 and then do it again? im fancying a 470 mile 24 but almost 550! ha ha ha!

• Thanks all. And popsider, as this is a TT forum, maybe we should arrange to do our own TT rather than sportive image

Doozer, I had a mare at the national 50 as well. I've never known weather like it - the road was flooded 10 minutes before I started, and we had three torrential showers during the time I was out there.

Tri Taffia, thanks - invaluable advice. It's the national 100 course and is fast and fairly flat - although does get windy. Expecting a drop off as I've ridden 100 miles *once*. And that was over a year ago. Longest ride to date on the TT bike was the national 50...I have a feeling this may be a painful experience image

• Oh and if you have got to stop to "sort out" then do it. A minute solving a problemis better than 15 minutes slower as the problem is annoying you.

Good luck and enjoy.

• Couple of new PB's last week, now 22:36 for a 10, and 58:25 for a 25 image

I also entered the EDCA 100 at the end of July......eeepppp

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Nice pbs danowat.

How did you get on at the nationals Rach E?