The bargain thread

Comments

• Sprocket wrote (see)

Sweatshop have got garmin 205's for £99.  £79 if you buy trainers too image Link here

The 205 is usually only £86 from Amazon though, period - with free P&P.

The 305 infrequently drops to around £95 also, but you have to watch it like a hawk!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    20% off sports wear/gear at Play.com. Use promo code SAND020. Valid until 30th June.

Good range and some decent stuff at good prices. Free delivery.
  • You don't have to watch Amazon prices like a hawk Dan, there are camels that will do that for you, and send you an email when the price changes, clever these camels image

The Forerunner 305 is currently £114.60 from Amazon, in the last month the highest price has been £125.84 on June 14th, and the lowest price in the last 6 months was £89.18 from a third party seller image

• Chimpster wrote (see)

You don't have to watch Amazon prices like a hawk Dan, there are camels that will do that for you, and send you an email when the price changes, clever these camels image

The Forerunner 305 is currently £114.60 from Amazon, in the last month the highest price has been £125.84 on June 14th, and the lowest price in the last 6 months was £89.18 from a third party seller image

Awesome, never knew that existed!

DULY noted image

I bagged one 305 at £102.99 from Amazon, and then one for the missus at the £89.18 you mentioned above, plus P&P in that case,

Cheers

Dan

• You gotta love a camel! image
  • The 305 was down as far as £96.50 delivered a couple of days ago, I got it for £97 last week.

It keeps fluctuating on Amazon so keep just an eye out.
  • How many lumps does the camel have?
  • birkmyre wrote (see)

Local Matalaan clearance shop has long sleeved Techincal T-shirts on sale for £2.50. image

The one in Renfrew

I was going to pop into my local Matalan for the first time ever, to see if they had some of these, but then I noticed you said 'Clearance shop' so I assume that is different to a regular Matalan?
  • Garmin 405 is £154 or £157 on amazon. That seems cheaper than normal?
  • NorwichRunner wrote (see)
    Garmin 405 is £154 or £157 on amazon. That seems cheaper than normal?

The camels say the Forerunner 405 (with HRM) is currently £158.89 from amazon £155.71 from a 3rd party seller. In the last 6 months its highest price was around £200 at the end of February. It was cheapest at  £145 at the end of may from a 3rd party, £150 from amazon on 13th June image

So yes it's at it's lower end of it's price range, although probably will stay fairly low with the release of the 610 and being replaced by the 410

slowfoot wrote (see)
    How many lumps does the camel have?
    Mine have one hump each (3 camels = 3 humps total), I'm not about to start feeling their lumps they kick something nasty
  • Sportsshoes.com have shoes on sale with 30% on some models but til sunday they are offering an additional 15% off

Enter code SPF15 in the "special instructions" at checkout.
  • 405 is coming down because of the new 610
  • mandm direct have some good deals on at the moment, the flash sale started today and ends Friday.

Got myself a Donnay High Viz Gilet for £3, and various socks for less than a £1.

They do have a lot more on offer though!

• I nearly ordered that Gilet recently when it was £6 or so, but a fair few online reviews put me off, about the breathability etc etc, but then for £3, how wrong can you really go.

I also ordered that jacket that they have on there for £3.75, though when I ordered it it was 100% more pricey - the fit was ok, but there were no vents at all, and I came to the conclusion that it was a bit of a boil in the bag type situation, and the fact I have a dhb cycling jacket that does a better job AND has zip vents meant I sent it back for a refund.

I think in that case the alleged RRP is a million miles away from reality.

• I guess I should have read reviews, i mean i've never really heard anything about Donnay but for £3 odd I'm not really bothered!

I'm just happy that I have just started running, and everything is really cheap at the moment!

• Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    Code SAVER15 at Start Fitness gives you 15% off until Monday... Cheap got cheaper :0)
  • DanB: Sorry mate wasn't very clear re Matalaan Clearence Shop.

Its basically a big shop that has last seasons clothing range. Thats why I got the long sleeved techinal running top so cheaply.

Got a  Black technical running cap in there for 50p a about 6 months ago. There were 'Easy' Jeans and silk ties going in there for £1 on Saturday. Its just whats on the racks and shelves when you go in. It varies in styles and sizes  but good if its what you're looking for.

• Just picked up x24 For Goodness Shakes for £16.70 with Free Delivery from the official website.
  • Nessie73Nessie73 ✭✭✭
    Lidl has an event on next week from 11th July-health and fitness gear. Very cheap HRM looks good at 12.99. Shoes that are 14.99-- hmm don't think I'll bother with those. Running trousers for women at 5.99 look decent. running socks 2.49. Etc. Etc.
  • Nessie: Cheers for that heads upimage
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

after some panic my order wouldn't actually arrive...as the people don't bother responding to emails.....i can now recommend

www.forrunnersbyrunners.com

seem to be pretty cheap. got some DS Racers for £60 which was the cheapest i found anywhere by far...as most places don't even seem to stock them.

• www.newitts.com has a large amount of SKINS compression garments in clearance at the moment. I picked up a pair of half-tights for about £20.00
    http://www.newitts.com/shop/1/12/Skins.htm

Rat Race Adventure Sports also have a flash sale on until midnight Wednesday. Use the promo code " SKINS50" to get 50% off. That makes their previously overpriced range of SKINS quite competitive. The short sleeve tops for example are now £26.00 reduced from £52.00

http://www.ratrace.com/NewSearchRes.aspx?strName=SKINS

• goldbeetlegoldbeetle ✭✭✭
    Tried my £2.49 Lidl socks, so far so good, no blisters (yet)
  • Stevie G . wrote (see)

after some panic my order wouldn't actually arrive...as the people don't bother responding to emails.....i can now recommend

seem to be pretty cheap. got some DS Racers for £60 which was the cheapest i found anywhere by far...as most places don't even seem to stock them.

Had a look on that site Stevie - how you managed to find what you wanted I've no idea.  It may be for runners but they should have consulted a database and website designer before going live.  Appalling for finding anything.  Prices look good though if you manage to find anything you want.
  • GeekyNick

Thanks for that link! Mr LB will be made up!

• It can't be used in conjunction with the flash sale I mentioned earlier but my RAT REWARD CODE is: "RAT101" . This gives a 15% discount at Rat Race Adventure Sports.

In the email they sent I was told me and my "friends" could use it and I can use it as often as I like so feel free to use it if you do shop at http://www.ratrace.com/
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
    Stevie G . wrote (see)

Had a look on that site Stevie - how you managed to find what you wanted I've no idea.  It may be for runners but they should have consulted a database and website designer before going live.  Appalling for finding anything.  Prices look good though if you manage to find anything you want.

Ah, to be fair, i only did the searching through google, by literally putting in the word cheap and the make of the trainers! Then sifted through a stack of sites and found that one, so it took me straight to the page.

Hadn't realised it's an arse to search...sorry! image

• Used my lidl socks twice now, no dramas!
  • Hey no worries Stevie - I've noticed over the years that many, many online suppliers give little or no thought as to how their website works.  Must lose them loads of business.

Good you found a bargain for what you wanted.

Anyone got a discount code for Sports Direct?   Found Asics 3020s for under £70 which is cheap anyway but if I can save a bit more I'll be even happier.