Thursday 30th June 2011

DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good morning everyone! image 

I'm up very early today.  No running as such but I intend to do some downhill jogging on a long hillwalk today.  Aiming to cover 9 munros (mountains over 3000 feet high) in Glenshee today, hence the early start.   I've done 10 in one day before and this set seems easier so fingers crossed it won't be too challenging.

Enjoy your run today - it's a cracking looking day here image

Comments

• Have a great day donaldo.

Alex - quite right to not feel guilty. Hope the walk with the dogs helped you to unwind.

What:                  swim am/interval turbo pm
    Why:                    it's Thursday
    Last hard:          I'm forgetting
    Last rest:            24/6

Lyrics - familiar but can't say 'yes'.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Has anyone got a spare place for the Berlin Marathon this year?

• Morning you two, busy eh.

What:5M Hills.Hard, legs shattered

Why: A wee change from my Fartlek.

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Rock DJ' by Robbie Williams.

donaldo: Have a cracking day.

Its MissB Primary 7 'Service and Prize Giving' so off on holiday today.

Lyrics; Yes.

Catch up time.

• 40 minutes40 minutes ✭✭✭

Morning all.

donaldo
    Enjoy your hillwalking!

What:  Rest
    Why:  Time for a break
    Last hard:  2 days
    Last rest:  5 days
    Lyrics:  No

Track tomorrow.

• Morning

Don - enjoy the day

Nothing to report.

Going to see wizard later - he will give me exercises and "approved" activities. The road back will begin (without any road if you see what i mean).

Later
  • SticklessStickless ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Ooh Donaldo - have fun!

Paddy - the sciatica incidents I have had have also been not-running injuries, which means that it's easier to get back to running, and running doesn't necessarily aggravate it. The other experience I have had is that muscles need re-educating after back problems. I am told it is not the big movement muscles, but rather the little ones that are as much position sensors as anything else. Big help to me was an awareness of core and pelvic floor muscles and what they do, and pool exercises, such as standing in chest deep water and paddling hands back and forth while trying to stand still, or kicking a leg back and forth while trying to stand still, or else simply walking fast, either forwards or sideways through the water, always thinking about core.

Me? 4 mile run, not too bad. Think I may be getting it all together again. Left leg is defo a bit strange, but has been for a while.

Does anyone know how to stretch ql muscles (? the things that go from ribs to pelvis which help stabilise lower back)? Always getting ouches at the insertion points, which probably means those muscles are too tight.
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: coached intervals d&d
    bike lunchtime + upper body weights
    hills PM (run as HMP effort at fastest)
    Why: backing off for fitness test and 2 time trials this weekend
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: March 28th
    Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning all

what: core

Why: it's Thursday

Paddy have you been given the "pigeon" stretch for your sciatica?  It hurts like hell, but really helped sort mine out.  

Wabo hope the ankle heals quickly

Donaldo  have fun on your day off

Stickless  sorry can't answer that one!

I'm having a bit of a stress with the bathroom refit.  They'd originally said they'd be finished tomorrow, but now are saying it won't be till Tues and that they'd never said tomorrow.  Sigh.  It's frustrating not having a bathroom, especially when the gym has no hot water!

Another interview this afternoon.  I'm getting quite used to them now, which is proabably not a good thing!

Have a good day all.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Stickless - Sorry can't help but have you tried asking Ceal/Sharkie.

emzap - How annoying, but hope the interview goes well

Donaldo hope you are enjoyin your days in the hills

What: 4.17 miles with strides
    Why: i like them
    Last Hard: One day i'll answer this one
    Lyrics No

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Evening all! image

Managed my 9 munros near Glenshee - was a total of about 20 miles with many 1000's of feet of ascent.  My friend couldnt manage the 9th so I managed to run up it, down it and back to the car, arriving at the same time as him! image  A really top day out and a great way to spend a day off from running lol  lets hope I can move tomorrow.

• donaldo - well done on the Munros - this Munro didn't run at all!!

What: moved more firewoood into the shed, thought I was picking husband up early from the airport and then running home, but his flight got cancelled and my day was messed up - ended up doing nothing!

Instead of feeling raring to go today, still feel tired, and I'm looking after my littlest gdaughter today.

We had a beautiful winter's day yesterday - cold but sunny.

Good running everyone.
  • Evening.

Went to the wizard today and he, of course, treated my right cheek (not the one on my face) to a barrage of needles. Pin cushion, i say, pin cushion. It does seem to have given relief though. He says its time to concentrate on strength and generally less (a lot less) running. I think i'll have to negotiate with him !!!!

It looks like Dublin is deffo a nono. Looking towards London Now with a few things in the meantime - probably next race will be a 10k in September.

Any way - i will swim tomorrow!!

Donaldo - that's a fair days work!!

emzap - I've just watched a woman with rubber joints to the pigeon stretch on you tube - i'm off to try that!!!
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Evening all!

Donaldo - great effort! Sounds pretty tough to me! Hope you enjoyed it!

Emzap - hope the interview went OK

Paddy - Hope the pins and swim help!!

LMUH - Thanks for helping me feel not guilty!! 

Looks like a few rest days around today, some unplanned! Hope I didn't start a trend yesterday! image

Was a naughty boy earlier...I'm supposed to be base building but went out for a run quite angry and frustrated. Had to shorten my planned run as it was getting late etc. So raced off, legged it up the hill (no warm up) and proceeded to peg it down the steady decline. I was running on adrenaline and going far too fast. By the time I turned around and ran back up the incline the adrenaline had worn off and it became hard. Got there in the end though! So, I beat my PB for that run by about 2 mins, but felt no satisfaction at all. Lesson learned...don't run angry! image

What: 3.41 miles stupid - 28:28 @ 8:20 min/m

Why: Because I'm a plonker and won't be doing that again. Lucky I didn't get injured.

Last Hard: tonight

Last rest: yesterday

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Have to laugh as I missed my hill session tonight. The had racing on at the course and I couldnt get there in the traffic. Rather than run I took the night off. :¬)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

NZC: just watched our forecast and it should be a lovely winter's day here too...expected to go down to 1 degree overnight with possible ground frost, but bright and sunny tomorrow with a high of 17. Unfortunately this is summer!

What: 40 mins off road, and then a bit more
    Why: ran before marshalling at first of club's 5k series, but then did a few extra miles on the course
    Last hard: parts of Tuesday's fartlek?
    Last rest: 09

Was due to go to Gateshead to English School T&F tomorrow as over 30 of our club members are involved: must be some sort of record! However daughter is coming back from Cadiz after 6 months away so off to Liverpool to pick her and friends up at lunchtime.  Will squeeze a run in somehow. Or two.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.