Too fat to run now

Comments

• My plans this week: Rest day yesterday (followed by birthday tea party at my Mum's, honest to God I have never seen so many cakes in my life, i felt sick and still do at the memory, don't think I'll ever eat another cake again, it was like an episode of the biggest loser where they have to eat as many calories as they can to win immunity LOL),

5k recovery after work today,

10k run with 10x2min intervals tomorrow night,

5k hill run with 11xup the hill at back of my house

rest day on Friday, maybe (big maybe) might do 30mins on exercise bike but bum sore just thinking about it, would really like a cross-trainer but can't afford £200 right now- eldest's birthday next month and car due MOT and summer hols to get through.

Then 10k easy run on Sat and 22km run on Sun

TT ;0)

• Don't know if this link will work from facebook, but give it a try, I'm not a religous person but this guy is a total inspiration https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1301819980936&comments

Just shows you what us humans are capable of with a bit of determination and sheer bl**dymindedness.

TT ;0)

• Evening all.  Just a quick post for tonight as I am so very tired. 

Was at Bon Jovi last night.  Great concert.  Stayed dry in Edinburgh but daughter got soaked in Glasgow at Take That.  I am off to Take That tomorrow night.

So if I am very tired tonight what am I going to be like tomorrow night and I have to be at work on Saturday morning at 8am!!!!!

Will post over weekend when I have recovered.

Take care all.

• Helloooooooooooooooooooooo

Welcome to the thread TT

Limper, congrats on your mara image

Well posting from new 'puter image akcherley, it's my 2nd, the first wasn't working properly, so they changed it after 24hrs, no quibbles, so that was good, then went over to Ireland to stay with SiL for long w/end, took the ferry across, a very up and down trip over there..image but the return journey was fine, had a good time there, catching up with 3 nephews and their families too. We had a lame and vomiting dog before we went, he had been swimming in the river, so we were panicking that he wouldn't be well by the time they went into kennels...but he was thank goodness! Still lame though, possibly pulled a tendon so can take up to 8 weeks

Speedy,concert season eh??! Good to hear Bon Jovi concert was good. Our son reckons the weather forecast in Glasgow is...showers between the heavy downpours!!

Tippy, it sounds as though Limper is leading your club members astray.....image

<jumps on lilly pad>

• SpeedyG- Looks like you got best night for Take that, can't remember what weather was like Thurs but Wed was a total downpour (my cousin was at wed & fri night). Did you see them last year? I took my Mum and my Daughter last year and can't see how they can ever top that tour. I was never a fan 1st time round but love them now.

TT ;0)
  • Well my planned training went completely out the window this week, been doing so good too. But never ran all week, just could not be ar$ed. But I am in my running gear right now and waiting for my porridge to digest, then I am going out for a 10k run and I am setting my alarm for 7am tomorrow so I can do my 22km run before I go to my Dad's for the day.

Off work for the next 19days so no excuse for not running. Problem is running buddy and I had a good wee routine going, she is in my area on a Wed night and Sat morn as her eldest daughter goes to dance classes near me, so I meet her at dancing and we run and then we alternate on Sunday morns to do LSR, 15km run up at her house in Perthshire one wk and 22km run along canal near  me the next. But it all goes to pot during summer hols, dancing is off during the school hols and she is a deputy head teacher so she is off too. So Wed and Sat runs have to be done under our own motivation and I often have to do Sunday run myself as she always has stuff on (hen wkend this wk, then she'll be away on hols and then it's her brother-in-law's wedding). Just so much harder to motivate yourself when you don't have to meet someone else. Even my 2 runs I always do alone are easy when I know we are meeting for the other runs, just gets you in a different mindset. But just have to give myself a swift kick up the bum, can't let all the hard work I've done over last 6 months go to waste: building up mileage, getting off more weight and starting speedwork.

TT ;0)

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Welcome back Bodjie darling. Mwah mwah mwah. Glad you are now technologically fit!

• Hehe Limper, technologically fit is about it image

Well, heat wave expected.....shan't hold my breath..... exercise today was in the form of gardening, well bramble clearance and the murder of a huge spider...I'm sure it was the sizeof a dinner plate....!!

Anyone racing today,good luck if it is hot/humid

<Crawls across lily pad>

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Spider??? Where??? << leaps onto sofa in blind panic >>

I managed a 9+ wobble yesterday but it was ridiculously hard work for some reason.

No heat wave down here yet. It's muggy but breezy enough to stay cool.

• Pelting it down and not really that warm here.

Managed a 22km run today, God it was hard. Usually do it along canal with running buddy, but she's away on a hen wkend and I'm too much of a sh!tebag to run along canal myself. So ran a loop round my town and it is HILLY, had a huge downhill at 19km and my knees were screaming, was actually glad of the uphills by that point as they were easier on the knees. Took me 15mins longer than run along canal doesimage. But off to my Dad's for the day to sit with my feet up and have someone else (my Dad) prepare all the foodimage. He always has choccie biscuits tooimage.

Just waiting on everyone else getting ready to go. How come I can get up run 22km, shower, dress, dry hair, put away washing, pack a bag for toddler and get her ready and still be ready before everyone else in the house?

TT ;0)

• Limper:  good going on the 9+ "does that sound rude or is it just my mind??image"

I did a 13.5 on Saturday early morning when it was cooler.

How is every one coping with the English Summer ( all 2 days of it)

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

It's just your mind Tippy dear!

It's sizzling here. Breezy enough - as always - but there's a lot of lobstered holiday makers staggering around who don't realise that a sea breeze will add to the burn rather than cooling you off.

That was a good distance you did Tippy. Have you got any other events prior to our pre-Christmas party?

Wonder if the rest of the spider-family in Bodj's garden have sought revenge yet?! image

• Limper. Have a 10k a week wednesday, the Pride 10k in august, a 10k in September, the O2O in october 10k and of coursevthe halloween run when the goulies come out.
    Mainly just running a few distance runs at the weekends and doing hill work and circuits in the week.
    Will be resting for a week though as off to Londinium for an event in 2 weeks time.
    How are you and dawg.
    Getting excited about pre Xmas party
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

You are a busy bee Tippy.
    Dawg and I are mostly ok. She sends you a good lickin!! image

I will attempt to ploddle home after work. It's forecast to be 24 degrees at that time though so I'm a little daunted!

Speedy - how were the concerts?

• Hi folks. So sorry not been around. Bad of me.

Concerts were fab. Bon Jovi was a great day with meal out, too much drink and lots of bopping away. Take That as a show and concert was brill. I was like a teenager screaming and jumping. Wow they were fab.

I was so tired on Sunday after being at work on saturday. I only got home at 2am and was up at 6am for work. Sunday I did nothing - well a small walk with dogs. Hubby says I am too old for concerts - he means he is too old as he had no interest in coming.....lol

Well done on all the runs. You are doing well. I have tried a plod this week but the next day my thighs and knees were agony. This is not good. Took a few days to ease off. So so bad.

Weight stayed the same last week. I expect a gain this week after all the cider I drank at the concerts. Another bad.

Hi Bodjit. Glad you had a nice time in Ireland. We are off there for big family reunion in August. How is the family and mum to be?

Working Saturday again this week - bah.

Hope you are all well.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

You're never too old Speedy!! Just go without the old man and enjoy yourself!

Look, your knees and thighs are going to ache after a run, it's inevitable almost. But don't let that stop you. If the pain is so bad that you really can't move then you need to slow down or go shorter. If it's just a dose of DOMS and a whinging body then you need to challenge both your body and your head by doing a 'recovery' session. But however you tackle it, be positive.
    Having said that - I'd have to take to my bed for a few days if I'd been living life at the pace you have just lately!!

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    That sounds harsh - didn't mean it that way Speedy ((((())))
    And WELL DONE for trying a plod.
  • Agree with Limper about the running and sore legs. My legs hurt like hell after my LSR and I am crippled for most of the day, and as it was a hilly one this week I was sore for few days after too, but doesn't stop me doing them. If they are really bad then it maybe good idea to just stick with walking until you can get some more weight off, then try again a couple of stones lighter. I used to walk loads but killed my hips, found it harder going than runningimage. I found knee supports helped when I first started running very overweight. You have to wean yourself off them though as your legs get stronger or your legs won't get as strong as they could do.

My running buddy has a bad knee and only wears hers on long run, under physios orders. According to physio her knee problem is caused by weak muscles not supporting the joint so building the muscles doing short runs and exercise is best treatment, knee support on LSR just helps stop knee joint getting too inflamed. She had cartlige removed from the same knee many years ago and didn't do the work to keep it strong, which is why it's weaker and has limited flexibility now.

TT ;0)

• Evening

Limper I have hidden inside since attacking the spider image

Tippy, 2 days of summer, you're lucky!!!!

Speedy, family is fine and mum to be thanks, had a days holiday today and have completed wedding outfit, bling an' all! Mini and I had a good day, which included lunch out, then tomorrow evening we are off to Devon for a couple of nights, being posh, in a hotel with a swimming pool, Mr B's birthday present from the offspring being cashed in image

Have a good w/end running/racing/walking.....

<jumps on lily pad>

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

blurble, cough, snort.
    Who bounced me off my lily-pad AGAIN?!!

I have a resident spider in the shed. Every night I check on her (definitely a big mamma spider) to make sure she won't drop on my head while I'm feeding the animals. She's gone!!!! Web is there. Eggs are there. Mamma isn't! I'm so scared that's she's moved to a new vantage point to leap out at me from. I even wore my hat when I went in the shed yesterday!!
    Urghhhhh.

Enjoy your weekend away Bodj. Sounds luvverly.

• How is resident spider limpet?

Amazing. We had sun today. Was working yesterday so planned housework today but the sun was out so I am afraid all I did was sit in the garden enjoying the heat.

Went up woods tonight for walk plod but was attacked by hoardes of flies so made a swift return to car. Hate flies. Horrible nasty things and I panic when surrounded by them all around my head and landing on me.

Bodjit how was the weekend? Hope you enjoyed it.

How was everyone elses weekend?
  • Helloooooooooooooooo

Limper.....burn the shed.....image...!!!!!!!!! If not, just keep wearing your hat

Speedy, swarms of flies are horrible, that has happened to us before now, it seems worse up north than down here, as it's only ever happened up there!

W/end was luverly, wall to wall sunshine, very relaxing, good grub, had a swimble, and a mini 'cruise' across the Exe Estuary to Exmouth, where we ambled around before catching ferry back

....back to reality tomorrow...image

Where is Tippy??

<does backward somersaults on lily pad>

• I'm here (puts away spider costume)

Have a local joggette tonight, been busy trying to sort out a year training plan for my club so not been on, Sorry.

Bodjit: looks like you have been having fun.

Speedy: Spiders like flies send them to Limper.

Limper: be brave, be very brave

• http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/15377/Gallery/H35CAMYY6U8CAPNUD8ICA3H3KSJCAY8CLAACANXHMRDCAM4CD9SCA3OY9J5CAEB1H6PCAZP3KJ8CALJJFC2CARODZ8ICAB79TM5CAEWYE0BCA3WAZGGCAA1KBNTCADVN2CBCAUL4A0GCAG505VXCAXUYWOW.jpg

Saw this and thought of you Limper

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

You are a baaaaaaaaaad boy Tippy. image

Training plan for a year??? I can't even plan for one week!

We are having the maddest weather. Yesterday Limpette got sunburnt in the time it took to drink a coffee outside, then we had to run for cover due to rain that was worse than hail. This morning the wind was strong enough to bend the trees over sideways and now it's completely still again. I reckon my pond water level has gone up by an inch since I looked at it at silly o clock. Give it another hour and we'll probably have snow!

Day off work today. I was going to take Dawg for a picnic, but I think we might just have our sandwiches and cake at home instead.

Dawg seems to have 'burnt' her paws running on a hot gravelly track! (about 1.5 miles). There was a grassy verge option but she's so well trained that she follows exactly where I go!

• Hehe Tippy, the pics great image

Yes I am also impressed with a whole years training program!

Limper, the weather has been pretty crazy here too, but hope you enjoyed your sarni's and cake

Played badminton tonight, first game for 3 weeks, next week there will be none as we are away image we are taking the gin palace to Northumberland for 9 days,along with the mutts, can't wait, as it's our first 'proper' break for 3 years,so yes Tippy, the fun continues!! We are hoping to be away early Friday so need to get it packed with some clothes tomorrow,but the gin is already in.......

Happy running/racing, and be back in a week or so......

<jumps up and down excitedly on lily pad>

• Morning all.

Plan is so my co-coach and I can let our lemmings know what they are doing.

Got my running partner round a local joggette on Wednesday night was a laugh will have to see if i can post the pic of him all out and me wetting myself (figuratively)

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/15377/Gallery/SUMA2450.jpg

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Phwoar. I do like a nice pair of legs. Two pairs is just brill!
    RE seems to be more on his tiptoes than you Tippy?!

Here's hoping the mad weather calms down before Sunday's race fixtures.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Just wandering through for another look at Tippy's legs image

And to think ladies... I'm going to get sandwiched between those two boys later in the year (in a running sense of course!!)
    << faint sigh >>

I suppose Bodj is up to no good in her gin wagon by now.
    You ok Speedy?