T'is Friday t'is!

just being nosey!

Hello by the way...long time no see! image

Comments

• I'm eating supermarket Chinese on my knee, while watching the Tour and waiting for my daughter's dance show dress rehersal to finish so I can collect her.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    I'm sitting on the bed watching a cooking programme on BBC1 and feeling a bit bleurgh due to the various plagues I've contracted simultaneously. Tonight's plan include lounging about, cabbaging and the consumption of much chocolate image
  • i like!!!

I'm contemplating consuming another home made cookie, might even poor a glass of vino...
  • I'm going for a takeaway pizza. It's four miles and I'm going by bicycle but it's worth it because the pizzas are fantastic and I can have some great German beer while I'm waiting and then eat the pizza there to mop up some of the alcohol. And I'm unlikely to be breath tested as I wobble home along a cycle lane.image
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    I've been working since 5.30 am and I probably have another 6 hrs to go before I'm finished for the day.
  • Monty39Monty39 ✭✭✭
    Done a 3.5 miler, my last before a 10k race on sunday, eaten baked camembert & proscutio & lots of bread & salad....

glass of wine or two and snoring on couch....rock & roll.
  • That sounds like a busy day Gertie, i'm about to stretch and watch the tour highlights. Up at 5 in the morning to go to work.
  • Packing and then an early night before a mercy dash to my Mother's tomorrow morning. We're going to miss all the lovely River Cottage treats we had lined up for the beginning of next week image

Sarah - have they worked out what you got yet?
  • I misread Sarah's post and my first thought was that cabbage and chocolate is an even stranger diet than mineimage

Home alone whilst hubby's at  the Sonisphere Festival listening to metal-most-horrid   Enjoying watching The Apprentice candidates making complete twats of themselves, sipping a glass of red and munching far more toblerone than is good for me

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    whitehead runner wrote (see)
    That sounds like a busy day Gertie, i'm about to stretch and watch the tour highlights. Up at 5 in the morning to go to work.

Still at it!!  Only another 3 hours to go.

Helps that I'm in Alaska and it's only 2.30pm at the moment 

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Hash. wrote (see)
    I misread Sarah's post and my first thought was that cabbage and chocolate is an even stranger diet than mineimage

I very much need to know what you eat? image

AllNew wrote (see)
    Packing and then an early night before a mercy dash to my Mother's tomorrow morning. We're going to miss all the lovely River Cottage treats we had lined up for the beginning of next week image Sarah - have they worked out what you got yet?

Mercy dash? Doesn't sound good image

The lepto tests are still pending - they take a while it would seem. But the other blood tests they did picked up that I have glandular fever in addition to the probable leptospirosis image

My evening has gone according to plan, apart from the chocolate bit. I've only had one chocolate - a Baileys truffle, and it was most yummy image

• CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    I've just had a fantastic curry with a fantastic mate who has just found out his son has been accepted at MIT in the USA to study pure mathematics next year.

Blimey Sarah - get well soon
  • A normal workaday start, then a quick pack, a 3hr+ drive.
    A 2pm wedding at Lincoln Cathedral: very WOW, with a party that followed. Only just rolling in from the party right now.

I'm surprisingly mellow in the head considering all that has passed...

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭

It is now Saturday and at some point I shall need to go to bed but the kettle is on. image

Friday night is swim night so I swam which is good. I wish i was a better swimmer than I am. image I love swimming.

I also have garlic haning up to ward off any virtual germs... Sarah. image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

BM, I was swimming in the sea in the dark!  I highly recommend it.

We met up in a pub first for dinner (and a small amount of wine) then headed off into the water as the sun went down.  Beautiful.

• Skinny dipping? I'd need my wetsuit for the Irish Sea.
  • SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Not quite skinny dipping.  We were wearing swimming costumes, but no wetsuits.

And glow sticks.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Where/how on earth do you wear glow sticks? image

I love swimming too, but I'm going to stick to pools. Nice, clean(ish) pools image

-... -- wrote (see)
    I also have garlic haning up to ward off any virtual germs... Sarah. image

• Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    SuperCaz wrote (see)

BM, I was swimming in the sea in the dark!  I highly recommend it.

We met up in a pub first for dinner (and a small amount of wine) then headed off into the water as the sun went down.  Beautiful.

imageimage

I have only ever swum at night once, back when I was young. It was in the middle of summer and the sea was really warm. image

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Yes, the sea does feel warm because the water is about 16° at the moment, and at night the air temperature is below that.

Glow stick are put through the goggles straps and safety pinned to the back of the costumes.  It is easy to lose each other in the water so the glow sticks help us stay together.  Not sure that makes it safer though as Harry can't swim in a straight line.  I now know what it is that goes bump in the night.

• I am so jealous I love night swimming, used to do it all the time. And yes totally agree with you it feels warmer then during the day.

Actually just give me a splash of water and I go skinny dipping in lakes, seas, ice holes, fountains you name it at any time.

Went  on a night dive once it was fantastic image