Options

Lancaster 10K

Has anyone done this race before? Is it a good race in terms of getting a good time?

I am thinking about doing it but not sure if it is worth the 130 mile round trip from Manchester after work.

Comments

• Options
    I'm in for this now. Apparantly it is nice and flat, hoping for a PB.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I have done the 3 bridges 10k
  • Options
    Is there a map of the course anywhere? I used to live in Lancaster and remember it being quite hilly!
  • Options

It's different to the three bridges route. 

If its the same one I've done and I'm pretty sure it is you start at the same spot 'salt ayre running track then 3/4 of  the adjacent cycle circuit and then out briefly onto the main road and down to the rail bridge [Carlisle bridge] and come back to the cycle track and follow the river Lune up to 'Snatchems - Golden Ball pub area'.

You take a right at the end of the path and run towards the new bye pass road and actually run along the bye pass towards Heysham, then at the first round a bout  take a left sign post Overton / Middleton and then soon after left again along the 'liable to flood at high tide road' past the Golden ball pub this time [stop for a quick pint] and down the cycle path again on to the cycle circuit briefly and one lap of the running track to finish. !

Lovely and flat and a nice area to run.

• Options

Got a PB tonight - it was a fantastic 9.9k race!!

No excuse for it being short. It started and finished on a running track, why not just move the start/finish a bit further back?

• Options
    Out of interest, how do you know it was short?
  • Options
    I was wondering if you used a Jones counter or a tape measure.
  • Options

From my garmin reading which was virtually the same as what a lot of other people got. I know these aren't totally reliable bute veryone I heard speaking and spoke to myself said it was short, I doubt all those people were wrong.

Great race other than that. I'm holding off reviewing it because I really want to give it a very high score, but don't think I can while i'm still annoyed that it was 'short.'

• Options

Just checked the results and I've got a score of 41:11, which is quicker than I thought.

My garmin gives an average time of 6:51 (although I didn't stop it straight away when I stopped, which may also account for the quicker time.)