Liverpool Sefton Park 5 Miler hosted by Mossley Hill AC

Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of running this on Wednesday night. How quick is the course? I'm looking to break a PB of 30 mins. Looks like it could be good, very cheap at 6 pound attached.

Comments

• Its a great race, well organised and well supported, it is a fast flat course so a PB is not out of the question.

The guys from Mossley hill have worked extremely hard promoting it at lots of events this year and so I expect they will get a well deserved good turn out image

Last year the heavens opened and made it possibly one of the most memorable races I have done, whenver you mention this race to anyone they always mention "That rain"

I Will be there again taking part next week image

• I've been invited along so will be there with our new 'runliverpool' magazine. Don't think I'll be running as I can just about run 5 miles let alone race!!
  • alan rothwell 3 wrote (see)
    I've been invited along so will be there with our new 'runliverpool' magazine. Don't think I'll be running as I can just about run 5 miles let alone race!!
    Should be a good turn out on Wednesday so put me a copy of the magazine to one side image

Carrying a bit of a injury myself but I should make it round, have to get the miles in because I am doing a local marathon in October image

See you there Alan
  • Forgot all about this, ill have to see how I am after sundays run am planing to do 8/9 miles.
    I've not done a 5miler yet so hope to get down to sefton park and give it a go.
    Would be an honour to run with TWO race organisers , this running lark is becoming addictive !
  • blue steve wrote (see)
    Forgot all about this, ill have to see how I am after sundays run am planing to do 8/9 miles. I've not done a 5miler yet so hope to get down to sefton park and give it a go. Would be an honour to run with TWO race organisers , this running lark is becoming addictive !

It does become really addictive! but hey there is worse addictions to have!

Whenever I am heading out in the wind, rain or even snow for a early morning run at 5am on a weekeday my wife thinks I am obsessed, and I always have to remind her that obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated! image

I Love running for both the physical and emotional challenge it provides and all the health benefits are just a added bonus!

Make sure your there on Wednesday Steve, its a great event and I know you will really enjoy it.

• Stevie seeStevie see ✭✭✭
    Are we able to enter online?
  • Stevie see wrote (see)
    Are we able to enter online?

Hi Stevie,

You can enter on the nigh, there is always a lot of people entering on the night but mossley hill ac have boon hosting this race for so long that everything runs like clockwork.

• Just back from my run managed 80mins not sure on the distance but felt good . Bottled out of the ice bath , got a shower instead. So looks good for Wednesday night .
    Only ever done 10k and above in races, so not sure what to do ie; go out hard and hang on in there or take it steady and push on for the last 2 miles.
    Anyway good luck to all on Wednesday night !
  • Where is the start/registration point tonight?
  • Slight delay at the start due to the high volume of entries on the night but overall a great race image

So how did everyone do? I done just over 35 mins but found it hard as I am carrying bit of a injury at the minute, hopefully I will be fully fit for the return of this event next year and I can push myself a little harder!

Well done to everyone who took part & all the volunteers and organisers who made the event possible image

• 49:43 for me, which is a PB over that distance so I'm over the moon! Couple of days off, then back to training for the Liverpool Marathon.

Late start, but otherwise the organisation and marshalling was spot-on. It was my first time doing this race and I'll definitely be back! image
  • I didn't get my official time but my watch said 38:55, I've been chasing sub 40 for two years so I'm over the moon. The official time will be a little slower because I was in the middle and didn't start my timer until I got to the start line.

It took me ages to find my car though, i'm not from Liverpool and only been in Sefton park once before and that was in the Liverpool half so I didn't have a clue which way to go.
  • Has anyone seen any results for this one yet?