Replacement for Mizuno Wave Rider 13

Hi,

I've been wearing the Mizuno Wave Rider 13's, which have been excellent. They now need replacing, and I thought I could simply switch to the Wave Rider 14's....but I tried them on but they don't feel good image

Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar shoe to the Wave Rider 13's? 

Cheers image

Comments

• I got Asics Skyspeeds after my wave rider 13s needed replacing. The wave precision 11 is the most similar shoe out there but the toe box was way too big for me.
  • Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭
    I agree the 14s are nothing like the 13s. I went for the Precision 11s. They were fine but do feel like they come up fairly high on the outside of your ankle. I've now replaced them with Adizero Boston 2s; really impressed with these.
  • Hi, I just purchased the WR 13 and I love it to bits.  I am running longer and faster than ever.   Really  excellent shoes so good that I am going to look for a second pair.  Just wondering if they serve you well, why not buy another instead of looking for something else?   Just wondering...

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

Sportfox: ....because they were discontinued in 2010/11 and the 14s were nothing like the 13s. I'm sure that was already stated above.

• Hi Mr Boat, sorry abt that, I just bought mine two weeks ago but I am in Europe.   I too tried the later Waveriders thinking as usual, the latest model should be better but the 13 fits like a glove.   I am looking for a second pair but am also curious about the Brooks Ghost series.   May I ask if you are still happy with the Adizero Boston 2s (I am going to check them out if they make them for women)?   Thanks and kind regards,

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

Sportfox: They've moved on to Boston 3s now which I find are good; maybe slightly lower and firmer than the Boston 2s. If you buy Adidas it's worth trying some on first as most people have to size up by 1/2 to 1 size.

• Mr Boat:  thanks I'll look into them.  I am encountering problems to get the second WR 13 image so yes it'll be the opportunity to check another brand/series.   I have slim feet, toe area usually has too much room whereas the WR 13 has been the first shoe with such good toe area fit.  And I really like a light responsive shoe.  I run around 10kms 3 x week, thanks for the tips.  

• I am going to throw something alternative in the mix for you as a replacement for the Mizuno Wave Rider...

How about the new On Cloudsurfer running shoes - the funky CloudTec system is soft and cushioned and also bouncy and light. I think that suits your requirements quite well.

• Mr BoatMr Boat ✭✭✭

ooooohh a quick ad break there from M@LR.... nice touch but no thanks.