more than a pair of shoes

I was wondering if it is ok to use two diferent pairs of shoes at the same time.

NO, not at the same run, ok, you kow what i mean,

I mean for example haivng one pair ot keep dry and use on pavements when is no rain and then having another pair to use when is raining or yiu are going to run through grass or fields.

The thing is that we always heard  that we need one good pair to use and we are used to that paur and it should be used until replaced, your running shoes are part of you feet when running, so changing pairs  could  be bad for your feet, as your feet get confused,

Or can you use diferent pairs in diferent days?

Does someone know about this?

Comments

• No idea how your feet could get confused ?

A lot of runners use multiple pairs - so for different terrain or their shoes may be at different stages of their lives. Always a good idea as you wont need to run in damp shoes and less chance of injury through using a shoe thats worn out.
  • I think a lot of runners use several pairs of shoes for different conditions. I've currently got 2 pairs on the go. Fair enough, for me I have an old pair which are due to be replaced soon and a new pair which I am wearing in. I am swapping between the 2 to lengthen the life on my older pair.

Having more than one pair of running shoes is a common thing

• Use as many pairs as you like. I like to have two pairs on the go at the same time if I can. Many people use different shoes for off road, pavement, speed work etc.
  • Brilliant idea. Everyone should do this.

Either buy two pairs of the same trainers or two different. They will both last longer than just having one pair on the go as the midsoles recover better, plus your feet & legs can constantly adapt to the differing versions.
  • I have two pairs of the same shoes on the go at the moment. The size 4.5 give me bad toe nails and the size 5 give me blisters. By rotating them, I can just about keep my feet in a reasonable state.
  • I've have 3 pairs of road shoes on the go (and a pair waiting in the wardrobe), 2 different pairs of trail shoes and some cross country spikes.  I do believe there are people around here with many more than that!
  • 4 off roads

2 racers

1 lightweight trainer

4 cushioned

1 indoor

• 4 for me, all different.
  • "The thing is that we always heard that we need one good pair to use and we are used to that paur and it should be used until replaced, your running shoes are part of you feet when running, so changing pairs could be bad for your feet, as your feet get confused,"

Who's "we"? I've never heard that, and if I had I'd question it right away.

I have two different pairs, one of which is in a wide fitting. Do they last longer because I have two pairs that I alternate? No, of course not. One pair would last about 700km and then I'd change them for another pair that would last about 700km. Each pair would last about 3 months, so having two pairs that I alternate means that I replace both pairs after about 6 months.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭
    If your feet got confused between two different pairs of running shoes they must have a total reality paradigm shift if you dare to put on a pair of slippers or heels.
  • Ok, ok,

there's no need to be sarcastic...................i was confused.

is ok now, thank you for the answers, it was usefull,

I think i'll get myself another pair for when is rainning...............