A lunarglide 2 user seeks a nike shoe for speedwork?!

Hi, im a happy nike lunarglide 2, and nike+ user, but I found on my speed work days they feel a little heavy and most of my energy is being absorbed into the sole. On the one hand this is great for my long runs as its made all my impact injuries and ITB problems a thing of the past, but on the other hand I'd like another, lighter, faster shoe for speed work and perhaps race days (Only 10k and under though).

After speaking with the guys at sweat shop im led to beleive the lunarelites arent much lighter or faster than the glides, and have just been pulled from stores because nike are pulling them out of the market and encouraging the zoom in its place. In the US store they are already selling the zoom streak as their new racing flat.

So would I be right in thinking the lunar racer or zoom streak would be my best choice? I also see there is another shoe called lunarfly and its hard to see where that fits in the range. Also lunarswift and the new lunar vengeance all on the nike site are confusing me more. But then looking at the nike official site and you cant see a mens lunar racer being sold anymore, so perhaps they are going away too? ideally I want to stick with nike because of the better fit to my foot and the nike+.

I can see the zoom streak 3, lunar racer 2 both on sale for under £50 through several known supplies so maybe its cheap enough to take a gamble on it. 

Incidentally I saw the new lunarglide 3 already on sale at £65 at sports direct in store today in 3 colours. Oddly a lower price than the lunarglide 2 sat next to it on the rack. 

Does anyone have a similar issue to me? Is it even worth bothering with? 

Comments