The Wanna Blista Social Club.

Comments

• Eric - Steve and Phil are going to do the last leg this Wednesday night if you want to join them. That goes for anyone else who wants to do a night run. I will not be there cracken edge is far more appealing, if that is the right word
  • Db- thanks for a good do. Hope the birthday didn't have to clear up!

Good to see a few people I haven't seen in a while too.
  • GBM - I thought people were jacking the MWW 18 as they for some strange reason wanted to reccie the Chester marathon course!!

• Eric - I'll probably join you for both of those reccies.
  • We now have a BS night recce, Chester recce and MWW 18 all happening within a few hours of each other  image. Shall we agree to keep all these events as they are and people select what they want to do or try and move something ? 

Moving MWW18 may affect training plans if anyone can't make the new date so if I had to chose I would do that on 27th as planned. Any other views ?

DB - Great do. Thanks image.

• Firstly, thanks to you all for coming to share
    my birthday celebrations with us, we really enjoyed having everyone there. We cleared most of it away lastnight, didnt take long - if anyone has space in their Brown bin though give me a shout !! Who ever said runners can't drink a lot ?!! I'll leg you know when the next one is, we've enough alcohol here to sink a ship !!

I even managed a 10m run mid afternoon with JS - the last one in my 30's ! Thanks again JS.

I must share some other news re BTB....

5 pb's in one day ! He completed his Ironman in Bolton today in a fantastic 10hrs 54mins 49secs ! A new swim pb. A new Bike Pb. A new Run pb. A new overall pb by 58 minutes. A new marathon time by 19minutes (3.17.10).

Now that could shut a few of us up couldnt it !

Well done again BTB.
  • BTB - that is quite shocking to get 5 pbs in. Could be seen as greedy actually, most only handle one every now and then.
  • KwakaKwaka ✭✭✭

Excellent BTB. image

Happy (official birthday) DB. image

Starting my get fit regime by going to a circuit class tonight. Need a 1/2 mara focus race & specific training over the coming months & to try to stop doing junk miles.

• Well done BTB and Happy Birthday DB!
  • BTB--Well done!!!

Eric--I agree with FOAR and reckon we stick with the MW18 on the 27th. Any chance you could rearrange your Friday night recce as i would like to do that too?

DB--Happy Birthday!
  • Well done BTB, thats amazing!

Happy birthday DB

Daz/mort - shame about the weekend, another time image
  • clairster - ashamed to admit that I got out for a few "Kinder Bobs" out of Edale on Sunday morning image - it was a very late decision though, and quite a lot of rough/steep stuff, so you were probably better off out of it image

Kwaka - Lancaster Half Mara on 6th Nov image
    (it's not even short any more image )

• Happy Birthday DB

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

(Go on, count them)

Thanks to anyone who kept me company during long training miles this year.

Apart from an elbow in the eye during the mayhem that is an IM swim, nothing could have gone better. The weather was perfect, the crowd phenomenal, the finish spine-tingling and I have a new hero in this this amazing guy who finished in less than 13 hours.

• BTB - A fantastic achievement - well done !

DB - Happy Birthday image.

• BTB - I'm well impressed.

But can't understand why anyone would choose to do such an event more than once! Have you considered seeing a doctor?

• You're right, JMC. It started off as a one-off 'I've always fancied doing that' in 2009, then 'well I'm sure that I can do it a wee bit quicker' last year, followed by this year's 'this might be the last one in the NW,so I should do it again then retire'. So now I've done what I wanted.

That's it for me. Back to 5 quid fell races.

Probably.

Maybe. 

But I would like to get my swim time under an hour. And a 3.17 mara is awfully close to 3.15. And....

• Btb - fantastic time, massive congratulations. You said it was perfect conditions but it was v warm! Enjoy a hard earned rest.

Db- happy birthday!
  • DB - Happy Birthday
    BTB - amazing!

Stockport 10 meeting TONIGHT!

• BTB - Absolutely awesome. I wonder if the amount of Pretzels consumed on Saturday night had anything to do with your success?! I huge well done to you. image

Re MWW 18m, what's the final decision? If it's not going ahead I will probably enter Fleetwood Half so would like to know sooner rather than later if poss please.

• J8/Mr S - we'rein the OMM - are you? Looks like I'd better do some serious training then!
  • JS - the MWW on 27th August is still going ahead.

Jonah - we have a couple of options for our night reccie: 1. still do it on Friday 26th and then miss MWW the day after or treat it as a recovery.  2. Change the night reccie to either Sun 28th (B/Hol on the Monday) or Fri 19th.  If we switch to Fri 19th then we can run the middle section of BS on Sun 28th or Mon 29th.  What do you think?

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

This tops Croydon Ultra!

Happy Birthday Dizzy Blonde! image

Very impressive Mr Bendy! image 

Too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!

• ES- I can't do Friday 19th, I'm in the Lakes that week.

Does it have to be a Friday night or even a night run ?

I'm doing Castleton to Peak Forest via Cave Dale on Friday tea time with M6, so we should be bob on to there.image

• mort - besides the centre of Hull which is standard town look, the countryside and river are quite good if rather lacking in hills.

The MWW18 as it is on would it be open to others, thinking of striders, who might like to do MP run.

Minnie - are you going to start carrying a rucksac and map read?

• Eric - I can't make Friday 19th either.

Not that bothered about MWW 18 so I'd be up for doing the reccy on 26th as planned but I'd be happy to switch it to the bank holiday Monday if that suits people better.

• TST - I quite often run with a rucsac - just not so hot on map reading especially orienteering maps!
  • BTB, excellent once again. Can't imagine the amount of time you needed to put in the training to go sub 11?
    I'm planning on a 70.3 next year but no more than that as it'll be on minimum training to get around.

DB, I'm trying to figure out where the 5 PB's came from image. Or was it 2 transition PBs alsoimage

1. Overall.  2. Swim.  3 Bike.  4. Mara. (a 3.17 is most impressive after the swim and bike).

• rearrangement of Slug Family hols means that I can't make Dorset Doddle image
    mort - will you still do it without me?

it also means that I will use this year to do Peris Horseshoe rather than BS

RACE LIST

Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - MH, TST
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - Teggs Nose - tst, GBM?
    Sun 21 Aug - Dorset Doddle - mort
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz?
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz?
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• morticiamorticia ✭✭✭

Daz- No it has been shelved and therefore I will stand a much better chance of completing the Guernsey Marathon the following weekend image

RACE LIST

Wed 03 Aug - Cracken Edge - MH, TST
    Sat 06 Aug - Borrowdale - Daz
    Sat 06 Aug - Teggs Nose - tst, GBM?
    Sun 21 Aug - Leek Half - PPP
    Wed 24 Aug - Chunal - tst
    Wed 24 Aug - Tryfan Downhill Dash - Daz
    Sun 28 Aug - Guernsey Marathon or part thereof- mort
    Sat 03 Sep - Bullock Smithy - NI, Jonah, Eric
    Sat 03 Sep - Peris Horseshoe - Daz
    Sun 04 Sep - Tameside 10K - Kwaka
    Sun 11 Sep - Lake Vyrnwy Half- GBM, PPP, Funk, Eric?, FOAR
    Sun 11 Sep - Coombs Tor - Daz?
    Sat 17 Sep - High Peak 40 - UB, PPP
    Sat 17 Sep - Lantern Pike - Daz?
    Sat 24 Sep - JWUltra - clairster
    Sun 25 Sep - Berlin marathon- DB, JS
    Sun 25 Sep - Macclesfield Half - PPP
    Sat 01 Oct - Causeway ultra - clairster
    Sun 02 Oct - Great Cumbrian Run HM - NI
    Sat 08 Oct - Langdale - Daz
    Sun 09 Oct - Chester Marathon - mtbb, GBM, RC, Funk, FOAR, Eric, PPP (probably), Jonah, mort
    Sun 09 Oct - Reservoir Jogs - Kwaka

• Thanks for all the congrats. Sunday was probably the most satisfying event I've ever done.

Looking back on Fetch, I've done 360 hours training since New Year's Day - pretty much bang on 12 hours/week. About half of that is before work/long diversions while commuting, the rest has been a concerted effort to wear out the canal toepath with DB on a Thursday morning with a few long bike rides thrown in for good measure.

I'm claiming 5 PBs with the marathon being both an IM and freestanding best(although it may have been a bit short and was definitely a net downhill with a tailwind)

SARQ- if you fancy a 70.3 then the Vitruvian and Bala are excellent. A Day in the Lakes is very tough, with mountain passes on the bike and fells on the run, but ace. Wimbleball is supposed to be good but v tough and miles away.

I'll say again what I said last year - there are plenty of you could hammer an IM if you fancy it. Definitely worth doing once, if only to surprise yourself.