Onwards etc.

What: 6 miles with a client
Lunchtime 6 miles
PM Speedwork
Why: I am a runner
Last hard: Friday up AdH on a Brompton
Last rest: Wednesday when I should have been racing
Lyrics: Yes

More blogs and reports later but back from France and back at work.

Allez Allez Allez

Comments

• Welcome back Gobi. What's next race wise?

Stickless - good long run there.

What:           swim am/hilly run pm
    Why:             last big week?
    Last hard:   my saddle seems to be getting more comfortable
    Last rest:    25/7

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What:2.5M Easy

Why: The same as 1st Aug 1984 !

Its the day I started officially running

Catch up time now.

• Gobi
    Welcome back to England!
    Have you seen the Sep RW, P83?  Apparently these are "best for travel"!

birkmyre
    Enjoy your anniversary run, wish I'd recorded when I started, good thing to celebrate.

Start of a new training log today, so I'm hoping for a good track session this afternoon to get things off to a positive start.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    LOL I should get two pairs 40 :¬)

LMH - Snowdon Marathon, it is about the running

Birkmyre - do you feel old ?
  • Gobi: Aye,sometimes I do. Like when I see 80s athletics  kit out and rebranded as 'retro' and think  'I wore that the first time round !'

eg  Nike currently have 'Windrunner jackets' circa 1984-87 rebranded and on sale in their new Glasgow Buchanan Street shop

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    yes I find that quite worrying as well

I keep seeing Gola and Addidas school bags
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Morning all!

Gobi - enjoyed the report on your blog...sounds like a great experience.

40 - started my new programme today too...anybody else starting anything new this week?

Birkmyre: Happy anniversary!

What: 60 mins easy

Why: Day 1

Last Hard: nope

Last Rest: Saturday

Lyrics...nope

Nice peaceful run this morning on the coast road in West Wales. Only saw a few cars and the only time I had to slow down and nearly stop was for a family of Marsh Ponies with foals that didn't get out of the way quick enough! Bliss!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

Gobi - Welcome home

Birkmyre - Happy Anniversary - Any plans for 3 years time?

Yesterdays Lyrics - Lets Work Together - Canned Heat

What: 10 mile+ cycle ride with a stop in the middle/mmaybe a short run later
    Why: Have to pay a visit to the council
    Last Hard: Yesterdays run - no doubt
    Lyrics - I rarely get Gobi's no bells ringing today

Back soon

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

birkmyre, wow thats some time running! actually I originally started about then as well. I still have my first ever t shirt for a race, a womens own 10k thing I think it was, in hyde park, they were the days when the whole family turned out to watch and now they just say oh you doing another race...

alex how nice does that run sound!

what: well only a nice steak pie later, nothing training wise

why: still suffering from excess wine saturday but I need to knuckle down!

last hard: yesterday measly two miles feeling very queasy

last easyimageat

did an amazing double header bike commute friday though, 22 miles in and 25+ home, with lots of hills!

Still no bubba yet, but I feel its imminent, my daughter is getting ratty!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Wabo - i bet she is - hopefully not long to go.
    I too was running early 80's oh why did i stop
    Well done on the double commute

Back from town 6 miles in decided a slight detour to avoid long steep down hill in town  its a main road so felt with traffic as well too scary, didn't ean i avoided any hills though. Coming back decided to extend it a bit and go round the back roads ended up going up a monster hill did't realise it was the same hill i was nervous about going down last week, i was thinking it was a different hill when i saw the road name at the top of  the hill and gave a little shout YES because last tie i did this i had to get off and walk

8½ miles coming back  so 14½ miles altogether with 40 minutes in between waiting in the council

• Its funny thinking back to the time of my first official run.

I remember the summer of 1984 was really warm and I tried to stay up to watch Olympics from Los Angeles during teh night. We never got  avideo recorder until January 85.

Running Magazine (forerunner of RW) cost I think £1.25 and Atheltics Weekly 38p .

The top of the  range adidas shoes werecalled 'NewYork' I think and cost £54.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

I have just been reminded on FB its Yorkshire Day

So Happy Yorkshire Day to anyone from the area

Also if memory serves me right Happy Birthday AF (if he's lurking) (hope he don't mmind) Hope you are ok

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Hello,

Apologies for my absence of late. It's been a difficult few weeks (mainly work and general stress), but today is the first day of the 8th month, so it's my lucky month. Add to this the fact that the start of the month falls on a Monday, and I feel numerically comfortable... so, time to get some order back.

I hope everyone has been well. Have I missed anything exciting?

Happy birthday AF, and happy Yorkshire day!

And happy running anniversary Birkmyre! The day I officially became a runner was the Monday after the 2005 FLM. I'd set my sights on entering the following year despite not having done any running outside (I did the occasional 10 mins on the Treadmill of Doom, but as we all know the ToD is a very different beast to the road)... inspired by Paula's victory, I decided to go for my first outdoor run. 200m later I thought I was going to die. One year later I ran the FLM in 3:58:07.

Good luck with the new programme Alex. I'm starting mine today too - I'm using the RW 12-week HM schedule for sub-1:30, but modifying the pace targets using the Macmillan calculator and my recent race times. Sub-1:30 is well beyond me at the moment, but the sub-1:45 schedule is well within my comfort zone, so this seems like the best way to compromise.  

What: 4 miles steady

Why: The schedule says so

Last hard: Last week sometime

Last rest: Last week sometime

Lyrics: No

• Madame O - good to see you back. Good luck with the 12 week schedule.

Birkmyre - remind me, just how old are you?

Wabo - not long now!

Happy birthday AF!

What: 4.5 miles Cornwall Park - nice run, felt good.

Good running everyone.
  • NZC: I'm 44. Officially stated running when I was 17, 27 years ago