Too fat to run now

Comments

• Hi folks. I am shattered. Can someone tell new pup we do not get up at 5am please. 6am is early enough.

Yes folks I have a new pup. Her name is Millie and she is a 17 week old Lhasa Apso. She is fine ta Bodjit. Thanks for your advice before we bought her. She has settled but Max is still not happy. Molly has accepted her now and yesterday played with her. Max is still staying clear and is in the huff and not eating.

Needless to say not a lot of running has happened. Too tired.

Working tomorrow so not happy. Spent today helping daughter move house. She has moved in with her new partner.

How is everyone? What have you all been doing? Glad hols were good Bodjit. Limper is running going well?

Must get to bed. Work is going to be hard tomorrow.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Congratulations on your new arrival Speedy!

Spent ALL day outside yesterday. From before 8am until after 8pm. My face is so windburnt!
    Hamstring is very tender but I think it's easing up a bit.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Just been out to dinner - I am absolutely stuffed.
  • Glad to hear hammie hamstring is starting to behave.
    I have just finished a long 16 miler that took in the countryside around Berkshire.
    Now all I need is some chips to add to the salt I have got all over me.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Hammie is not so good as I'd like Tips image
    I ran on Tuesday and really struggled with the pain and have been in a bit of trouble with it ever since.

Well done on your long run this morning. Forget the chips, add tequila to your salt!!!

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

That's the winter hay shifted, stacked and wrapped. I am black with dust and scratched to shreds!

It's strangely hot down here! And heaving with innits.

Speedy - how is the pup doing?

• Hi all

Limper you have been a busy bee. You work really hard.

Millie is fine. Quickest pup ever to house train. Just wish we could take her out. Ne t injection not till 8th august. Been at caravan and so hard not having somewhere for her to do her business as can't let her out. Another couple at a van have same problem as their pup is same age.

Others are now playing with her ok. Max now back to eating.

Did a 10 mile cycle today. Was good. Managed ok. Plod planned for tomorrow. Went to watch triathlon on Saturday. Good motivation.

How is everyone?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭

Speedy - I'm sure Bodj can advise you better, but when Dawg was pre-jabs we still took her out but just avoided adult dogs that weren't innoculated and heavily used areas. She mixed with other puppies (at the vet's suggestion) and she hurtled all over our horse fields. She was quite late being jabbed but it didn't stop her getting out and about.
    Glad to hear Millie has settled so well image

Well done with your cycle and good luck for your plod today.

It's 'flying ant day' down here. The ground is heaving with them and the seagulls are going mad!
    I seriously hate ants. Nearly as much as spiders!

• Helloooooo

<Glares at Tippy> Watcha mean no more holidays..........image

Limper, you really do need to behave and let your hamstring recover, ah hay collecting and stacking, i remember it well!!

Life just seems hectic here, under 3 weeks til our son gets married...ulp! Work is soooooo busy, <whispers> still fighting through my mail from when I was on holiday, people won't leave me alone to get on with it all, but think I have opened all the 'important ' looking ones!!!

Speedy, yes, just take pup to very quiet areas when you are away, and she is fine to mix with other dogs that have been vaccinated, and well done on bike ride

Mini Bodjit was 30 yesterday,not sure where the time has gorn, and how amazing it is, as I'm only 29....

Mmm a 'stuffed' frog, sounds as though you could be ready for the oven Limper image

Flying ants are vile too Limper, but I still think spiders are worse!

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Another 100 hay bales shifted and stacked. I'm not sure that lifting hay bales above my own height is good for my 'lady-muscles'!! image

I did a good brisk XC walk yesterday instead of running. It still tugged the hamstring but wasn't as demanding. I have a hilly half this weekend though and MUST do it regardless!

Wow Bodj, you have a 30 year old off-spring?? Not possible!! You are a wee slip of a gal still!

It's my next bathday very soon and I now know what my mum means when she says that she's only 18 whilst I'm looking at her thinking how haggard she's become!! My brain definitely isn't keeping up with my skin tone!!

Dawg was fascinated by the ant display yesterday!

Where's our huggable Tippy gone?  << looks plaintive and needy >>

• Ok gone and done it now! Just spent £50 and entered the Edinburgh Marathon on May 27th next year AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! Feel sick now

smilies/sick_smiley.gif

TT ;0)

• Limper....friend for life image now...you need to be sensible on your hilly half

<wanders off thinking 'sensible' and limper in the same sentence doesn't seem to go somehow...> image

Wirly, plenty of time to train

<grabs a hug> Thanks Tippy!

Played badminton tonight, phew it was hot!!

• limperlimper ✭✭✭

Just back from the flicks... 'Captain America'. Good reliable predictable Marvel Comic stuff image

I am looking forward to going to work tomorrow - it will be a comparative rest after all the stuff I've been doing at home on my couple of days off! I am completely wrecked!!

Bodj - I'm not sure that it's possible to be sensible on a hilly half! After all, the hills, once conquered upwards, then have to be hurtled down again whilst shouting weeeeeeeeeeeeeee and spinning the arms for balance!

<< hugs Tippy >> I needed that.

• Hi all.

Oh a wedding and a 30th birthday bodjit.  Your family is being busy.

Limper well done on the x country and the bale stacking.

TTgood for you on race entry. Plenty time to train.

My plod didnt happend but I did do a 3 mile walk with difficulty.  I had a bit of an accident at the caravan in the morning,  Millie needed out at 7am so I took her out in my pj's as  you do at 7am on a caravan site but it had been raining and the decking and steps were wet.  One foot on the top step and down I went to the bottom in a soggy heep.  Now 4 days later and my knee is still in terrible pain.  Really limping and its really sore.  Speedy doesnt have a high pain threshold.  Walking around with Jayden didnt help today.

What has everyone got planned for this weekend?  Any races?

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Ouch Speedy image
    Have you put some ice on your knee? It's the best thing if you've bumped it.
  • Limper: BIG HUG
    Speedy: R.I.C.E
    TT: happy training and well done on the first steps.
    Bodjit: 30 again lol

So this weekend i plan to do a nice ploddet of double figures with the poor long suffering Reading Eagle, who at this rate will be 4ft 2 by December. He is only iccle.
    Will be taking tippy dawg out afterwards so will have a nice cool down.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Short XC half mara (just under 13) done with Limpette this morning. My hamstring behaved due to the easy pace, but I can feel it now. Limpette was brilliant - this is a tough, hilly run and she hasn't done more than a couple of miles all summer - I am well impressed with her.
    Tralala.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Has anyone got a spare wheelchair please?
    My hammie hurts!!

Did TippyDawg and Reading Eagle get their respective 'walkies' then Tippy?

Long days at work all week for me. Groan.
  • Limper: they Did, but the Eagle hadHamstring trouble as well,so we did 18 miles in total.

I have checked up on him and he is ok, and following advise.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    You gotta laff - I have hamstring trouble and did a hilly half, Eagle has hamstring trouble and did an 18 miler... thank goodness for injuries if those are the results we get!!

Hope he's OK Tippy. Send him my sympathies.

Work was long and tough today. I think I shall go and eat chips to help me get over it!

I've swapped internet browser and can't seem to get the smiley faces menu now. I hate technology.
  • LImper: I will do no such thing. He thrives on Sympathy you know.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Really? I thrive best on chips and ice cream. Not on the same plate though!
  • lol, I will of course pass on the message Limper.image

How are you today Limper?

Where is everyone (looks under draw bridge)

• Sympathy?  No chance of getting any of that - and quite right too.

That 18 miler was a tail of two halves.  1st half went well, 2nd half ouchy.  TT will have to give me a piggy back soon (I'm only iccle).

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I'd offer to give you a rub Eagle, but if your hammie hurts in the same place that my hammie hurts... well let's just say it could be quite improper!

Sounds like Tippy will be piggybacking two of us at Pompey mara then!

I'm mostly OK Tips, fank yew. My hamstring continues to be a problem but I did a fair bit of damage so it's going to take a while - especially with my ideas of injury rehab!!

Everyone else OK and happy out there?

I wish I could get the smiley face thing back.
  • Limper: also lost the smilies when updated my Mac.
    PLease be careful young lady