Crap at relationships

Comments

• Actually, it was funny when I mentioned last time I was down that I had several friends in the area, despite never having been there before.  Then disappeared off to have lunch with a couple of them and called in to have coffee with beebs on the way home from one lunch.

The Aliens seemed to find it strange that I had friends within lunching distance despite never having been in Somerset before.  Then I went down to Kwilters for tea and then up to BDB for a couple of days and over to Sweetie's .... image

Ain't RW and the people you meet through it grand image

• It sometimes scares me when I think about all the great people I'd not have met if I'd not started posting on here .... but then i think I'd have met you all some other way image
  • It sometimes scares me when I do meet up with the people I've met through here image
  • Really?  I kind of find it evens out.  Those I get on with on here, I get on with in real life and vice versa.  Been a few instance so people I rub up against with online that I've got on with in person but never the other way round.

• I mean I get scared for my liver and general reputation.

And on that bombshell, I bid you good night.  night night x

• image Oh me too.  You're a very naughty boy and  I'm not going to let you lead me astray again image

Night night xx

• Mawning folksies...

Binning it down here, which made for very wet walkies this morning.  Another 'hair in ponytail' day... image  but then ever since I had the dog I got used to looking a bit of a scarecrow most days... image

Re RW friends... I'm very lucky that I met Rio and Hope and that they are so local to me as they both became dear friends.  It's nice that we can just get together and have lunch, and during the IM training it was nice to have training partners and people to moan to. 

I have a few lovely peeps close to me...  Rio is in Caerphilly, Hope & Garr are in Barry, Sprocket is in Llanelli and there there are a bunch of lovely peeps down towards Swansea incl Welsh Alex etc.

• And the day drags on...

Collegue leaving on VS today...  He was going to retire next year anyway, so WHY on God's earth are they giving him thousands of pounds to leave six months earlier???  I wish I could understand the decision making in this fecking place!  I thought VS is to facilitate deletion of posts which have become redundant, so that there is no need for redeployment of that staff member, thereby saving money to the organisation from saved wages.  This guy was going to finish up in half a year anyway so why give him bucket loads of cash to go a bit earlier just to meet your quarterly target... AAARRRGGHHH!!  image

**and breathe...**

And we had this awful story in the local news this morning.  Who would do something so awful to a puppy??  Covered in oil and chest slit...  image  I'm convinced local people will know something but it's the sort of semi-criminal "non-grassing" attitude that helps people like that to evade their just deserts...  And even if it went to court the twat would probably only get a fine that they never bother to pay...

**huffs**

And the weather is shit!!  It's August!!  image

imageimageimageimageimage

• *hands Nam a cup of tea and tiny bit of chocolate* image

I swear I'm still drying out from my soggy dog walk this morning! And we've agreed to dog sit for a friend's bonkers black lab for two weeks. I fear this will cure Mr F of wanting any dog other than a greyhound in the future image

• DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Try to look at finding a partner as the beginning of your your happiness, not the end of it. Most people find taken for granted at some time in their lives due to their partners settling into the same lives they had when they were single.

If you want to be with someone, you have to realise that they enhance your life and you both want the same common goals and have the same dreams and go for them together. They are not just a bolt on stuck to the side. If you feel like that then the person you are with is not right for you.

Make your partner happy, make little gestures (and these need not cost money) and continue to work at it ... bring her flowers, make her dinner, run her a bath,  do something thats unexpected ... just because

One other tip, if you happen to see a beautiful girl in the same bar/room as you and are afraid to go and speak to her because she MAY have a boyfriend, go and and find out if she has. Everyone else may think she has a boyfriend and won't go and speak to her. If she doesn't and you go and speak to her ... you get her number !

• Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)
    It sometimes scares me when I do meet up with the people I've met through here image

image And he has never met me yet. image

Sorry finding it hard to keep up with the threads at the moment with the notifications being down. image

Frodo WELL DONE!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• MikeFrog wrote (see)
    <makes little gestures>
    LOL Mike!! image
  • >>nibbles little piece of choclit<<

Fank yoo... I feel better now!! image

• Lol - Cake.  One day mate, one day.  I'll do my best to keep up image

Nam - that doesn't make sense about the guy due for retirement.  You're obviously too good at your job for them to get ride of you.  That is shocking about the puppy.  I'm not an animal person, but I certainly don't want people who are cruel to them to get away with it.  Hope they do catch the person/s responsible and that they do get a bit of jail time.  Afterall, they guy who custard pied Rupert Murdoch for 6 weeks!

DMax - the discussion has moved on a bit since the thread started.  I would also say I don't completely agree with everything you say.  Common goals, yes good, but they shouldn't be the only goals you have.  Also, one can't be the sole reason for someone's happiness.  Tie too much up in that it will blow up and leave you with nothing.  I've learnt that from painful experience.

• Afternoon! 2 hour delay on flight due to fog. Airport packed. Patience tested to limit by pack of hysterical women who shreiked with laughter anytime any of them said anything but seats were too precious to try to move. On coach to station now. Have missed booked train so serious blagging in the offing.

People can be so cruel to animals. We don't do the cruelty cases anymore and I think we're all quite glad. Sometimes you felt sick at the sthought of what they had been through image

The VS thing is rubbis Nam. Makes no financial sense at all.
  • MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

Wish I hadn't clicked on Nam's link image I don't know how people can do such things.

Hope you're feeling better Loon, that sounds nasty.

TP - they sound like awful people (both S's family/friends and the screechy plane women). May I suggest carrying a large stick with you at all times in the event of needing to administer emergency beatings?

I've met a few forumites, some of whom have become friends - it's a great place to meet like-minded nutters image

It's cooled down considerably here but I have a 6-mile fartlek session later *sniggers* so I'm happy enough. Was so hot yesterday that I was dripping with sweat after my steady 7 miles, despite going out at 9pm!

• Yo folks

Been a bit sick, now almost back to normal (that bad!). Lost lots of poundage which is good, and some strength.. which isn't

Off to spend a week or so at mate's house and then back on the road for a few more weeks.

Hope you're all doing fine and get over your aches pains and lurgies

C
  • Corrie -- good to hear from you!! image

Before you go you should report into the complainers thread.  There is another chap with a Bichon Frise... I think he could do with some male company -- for support!! image

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Morning pixies, 

Yo Corinth, sorry to hear you've been lurgified - hope you're fully back to normal soon.

So glad it's Friday... the pile of work on my desk looks like Mount Doom, and I had some bad news yesterday. My friends' 3-month old son has been taken into hospital with seizures, and it looks likely to be epilepsy. Poor little thing's already been through so much in his first few months image

Hope everyone else is having a better end to the week!

• Fine now Nam/Madam O - am confined to quarters for a week though, so already very bored. Am supposed to be looking at a couple of houses today but have cried off.
  • I'm confined to my desk and very bored...

We're having a "Big Weekend" this weekend... gigs, 'party in the park' kind of stuff... fairground, carnival, fireworks... so at least I have much opportunity for photo experimentation... image

Colleague who is about to finish her horticulture and garden design qualification (done on the side, besides working full-time... good on her!!) offered to do my garden as a 'project' for her course (from jungle to nice garden kind of thing...) and I would only pay for materials, not labour...  Yay!!!  Yes please!!!  image

• MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

That's great Nam image You could use your photography skills to help her promote her work... a good, old-fashioned trading of skills.

• I’m spending the weekend being very lazy other than watering my mum’s plants. It’s going to be great but also got to try not to think about Regensburg which I would be at now if not for family stuff. Bonus is that will be a lovely weekend with no-one except bookie about so get to sit on the grass in the sunshine and eat cheese. image
  • Sounds like a fun weekend Nam.

I've had a lovely day out. Tour round Wells cathedral which has gawjuss stained glass then picnic by the river and then couple of hours at the shops on the way home. I was quite restrained though ... really I was.
  • Hmmm - my next door neighbour had a lovely surprise for me courtesy of a lovely forumite.

Many thanks - it's made my weekend lovely and sunny image

I'll be in touch when I'm back home - I'm going to be away from communication for a little bit

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

xxx
  • Hope you're back to true form soon Corrie. image

Madame O, my colleague is a decent photographer herself, but yes I have already offered to do some gardening shots for her in return. image

Some funny first pics from the start of the festival last night... Great shot of a large lady with a Mickey Mouse balloon which kept floating right in front of her face making it look like it was her head! image

Saw a pissed woman smash her fist into a concrete lamp post. She was off her head on something, but had I taken a shot of her she would have killed me. Kids as young as 10 out unsupervised and pissed at 10pm... And massively obese people queueing at the burger vans... It was all a bit strange... Fun to spy behind the lens though.
  • Morning. Sounds like great people watching territory Nam.

I am off to the seaside today. Weather doesn't look too good but will make the best of to. Waterproofs on the beach, British tradition innit?

Hope the old Corrie returns soon. image
  • Pretty soggy morning here, but had a nice, damp walk with the hound along the Mersey anyway image
    We were adopted by a rather lovely pack of dogs - collie-x-greyhound, GSD-x-greyhound and some terrier like thing (sorry Corrie, I tend to ignore anything that is below knee height image) and it turned out they were all rescue dogs, initially fostered and then permanently homed by their owner. We chatted as we walked, as you do, about the dogs and fostering and how I'd like to do something similar for the Greyhound Trust, but saw the inevitable consequences of taking on fosterees permanently. She then just happened to mention that she was currently fostering some whippet-x-greyhound pups, all but one of which had homes to go to... and would I be interested in taking him? 

Now, it took every fibre of self-restraint that I have not to ask to be taken to see him then and there and take him home image but I resisted. Aren't I good? image 

I am now going to spend the remainder of the day muttering to myself, "I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog, I do not need another dog..." until it sinks in. image