Holiday Running

Hi,

I'm off to Palma Nova for a few days at the end of the month. I'm training for the Lpool Marathon and dont want to miss out too many runs. Anyone got any good routes they have used when they are there?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Luke

Comments

• We went off season last year to Palmanova and got back from Sa Torre at the weekend.  Its pretty hot and humid out there right now, so you'll want to run as early as you can possibly manage.  It was ~ 28deg by 9am which was rather steamy for me, the husband coped better and did several longer 10-15m runs when we were there.

I'd suggest having a look at google maps of the area and printing off a few.  The roads into palmanova have pavements, but around the area its mostly just road, albeit nice smooth and wide, for the cyclists of which there are lots.  Personally I'd just go out and run half the distance you want to go in one direction, then turn and come back.

You can do nice easy 3m loops of magaluf/torrenova/ palmanova easily enough, with few people around first thing, but for anything longer in a strange place, out and back is easiest.  

Don't forget to take a water bottle.  We sweated like nothing on earth when out running!

• I was there in 2009, and ran at about 7 in the morning along beside the sea and up that hill into Magaluf. I did loops as well but prefer to stick beside the sea and then finish off with a quick dip in the sea. Every morning I got back the wife and kids were still asleep.