Sunday 7th August

GobiGobi ✭✭✭
What: 60miles on the bike
Why: day off running
Last hard: Thursday
Last rest: 9 or 10 days(better check the date)
Lyrics: yes

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no, for a change!

What: not sure yet, but something
    Why: marshalling at club's 10 miler and then hopefully going to watch a 5k...probably won't run until this p.m.

Last hard: ?
    Last rest: 09

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning.

Congratulations Stickless! Will read the report shortly.

NZC - waist deep water sounds very hard core. Did you run the 5k? My next full distance race is the 27th August.

What:           an hours easy run
    Why:             easier day
    Last hard:   surprisingly not yesterday which I managed to quite enjoy
    Last rest:    25/7

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Morning all,

after 6 days of camping a nice 10 hour sleep.....

Off for a long run shortly (very slowly as running with others as cannot be bothered or want to run by myself this morning)

Take care

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

16.5m in the bag, got caught in a few showers, but a nice run overall on a rolling route.

59m done for the week image

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

Quiet!

What: 30 mins on flat, reasonably short grass
    Why: not a long run

Marshalled at club's 10 miler, seeing a few forumites for the second day in a row, and then watched another local 5k. Nearly managed to stay dry.

Nice long run RFJ.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

Evening all!

RFJ: Good work! Especially as you've been away!

Congrats Stickless!

Wabo: ? any updates? image

LMUH: Was that 101 miles in one bike session yesterday?

Night-Owl: Good to see you again! Sounds like an eventful commute home!

NZC: Incorporating aqua-running into your sessions now? Nice bit of variation there!

Gobi: That doesn't look like a reduction in bike training to me!! lol...just kidding!

Quiet in here today. I had a rest day yesterday (optional) and was supposed to have long run Sunday today. However, events conspired against me. We have been to Gatcombe today for the British Eventing and I didn't get up in time to run before we had to leave. It then took us over an hour to get out of the car park and we haven't long got home! image Also, it is technically the last day of my 2 week holiday and the kids go back home tomorrow, so can't really justify going out now.

So, this week's training schedule is not complete. I was supposed to do 4 weeks of this...so week 1 is now next week and I'll treat this week as a comeback week and an introduction to quality training. I refuse to cheat on this programme and am not going to cut any corners...I know it'll be a long road. Still managed to do 23 miles though this week. Would have been 30 with todays LSR...ah well. image

Weighday tomorrow where I find out the effects of my 2 week hols! Could be image or image

• alex_halex_h ✭✭✭

x-post! Hi Alehouse! Going back to your previous comment 2 days ago about repeating that quality session with the 5 min Intervals...my plan is to maintain that for 4 weeks and then change. Feeling strangely confident at the moment. Successfully completing my quality sessions this week has given me a real boost.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the forumites!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Evening

Certainly Quiet in here

Stickless - Well done will pop off and read your report

RFJ Well done on the run today and mileage for today

Gobi was wondering about you today  now you were retiriing from triathlon would you still bike - guess todays session answers that

NZC - Water??? will have to read back How tall are you?

Alex - Sometimes you get weeks like that.

I was asked to work today so i did but thought i would cycle in  and cycle home making it a 16.1 mile round trip (on feet all shift as week) Planned on 2 miles when i got in which i did. Sounds silly and short but this is plan C getting in the habit of running.

On my cycle in passed the spot where the young man died flowers had been placed at the spot. Cycle was slowish but  plennty of traffic and in all honesty the bike is just an extra. Now this week on my 2 ile runs they have been slow due to the fact that i got out of the habit
    mon 10:56 pace
    Tue 10:52
    wed 10:40
    sat 11:00

Today a run off the bike expecting legs to protest  and they did feel weird i do 10:17. its a funny old game

48 miles this week yes on the bike, i had set a target of 100 miles per month and only a week has gone by

• Alex - it's all about balance - I'm sure you've worked that one out.

Gobi - cycling? I thought you were marathon training;-)

RFJ - good long run.

alehouse - you know me well!

What: Auckland champs masters 5km.

Why: Because I'd entered it.

Really didn't feel like doing this as I knew it was not going to be pretty!

Very small field with a few W19s as well. Very windy, luckily with the wind behind you on the uphill and against you on the downhill.

I had a decent battle with my W60 rival, who usually beats me, but I always give her a run for her money!

She was ahead of me for the 1st 1km, then I ran with her on the downhill, and somehow got ahead. I was suffering on the last lap so she came past me on this nasty uphill dog leg, (as if the course wasn't hilly enough, they had to include this one each lap) and that was the end of it!

She ran 23.01, for 1st W55+ and me 23.17 2nd W55+. Not happy - stink time, but I only just got under 23 on this course last year. But I guess it could have been worse!

Onwards and upwards - I was asked if I wanted to do the Road Relay champs, and I said "yes". Will I ever learn;-)
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    NZC: yes, I knew you would! Sounds a nasty little course!
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Thanks NZC for reminding me about Road Relays.... need to sort that out for my club...
  • GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I'm still doing a little cross training to look after my body so this means I will do the occasional time trial. This means I need to ride my bike sometimes. :¬)