Options

Too fat to run now

Comments

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    How did you get the smilies back Tippy?
    I don't have a spell-check either now. Fawtunutley I can spel perfickly well.

Have you got any events coming up Tippy? You and Eagle are doing grand if you're knocking out 18 milers. Maybe I will have to come and gate-crash one of your sessions!

A few Reading Runners passed me on Sunday - I didn't send on any kisses with any of them though! (How is Tom BTW?!).

Speedy OK?
    Bodj OK?
    It's very quiet on our sofa these days isn't it.
  • Options

Limper Tom is ok, passed on your message.

I got the smilie back by using different PC.

also lost spell check on the mac really annoying

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I have been baking. << scrapes cake-mix off Dawg's head >> I'm a bit messy when I bake!
  • Options

Evening/morning...

Ouch to the hamstrings, but well done on the racing imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I have smiley faces!!!!!

Long week here, 48hrs worked and another day and a half to go............image

<looks around for the cake Limper has made.........>

<licks Limper dawgs head...>

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Help yourself to the cake Bodj, there's far too much here for one frog to cope with. The lily-pad is sinking under the weight of it all. Or is it merely sinking under the weight of me? - hard to tell!

Crikey girl, that is a long week you've had. (I'd do a sweaty face here for you, but I don't flippin have the 'face' menu do I. Grrrr!!).

How are the wedding plans and when is it?

<< sticks a spare cake candle in the mess on Dawg's head >>
  • Options

mmmmmmmm cake image

Now Limper point at one of these and let us know

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I is only doing it cause i is at work........

(prepares for retaliation..)

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Oh, so snot fair Tippy. Grrrr!

<< shoves sticky cake in Tippy's (gawjuss) face >>
  • Options
    Evening. Did someone say cake? Yes please.

Bodjit that is a seriously long week. Hope you survived it.

Tippy big mileage there. Well done.

Limper how is the hamstring?

My knee still bad. X-ray today but nothing to see. Old age and increased weight probably.

Am tired and feel worn out.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Hip hooray, it's Saturday!

So does the xray show that there is no deterioration in your knee Speedy? That would be good news.
    How is your weight loss going?

Hope your busy week has come to a restful end now Bodj?

I'm still working my way through all the cake here at the lily-pad.
    Burp.
  • Options
    <Rocks lily-pad>
    Well, nice easy week for me as doing a 10K next Saturday in London.
    Speedy: good news on the x-ray.
  • Options
    Have you finished the cake then Limper? I can help you if you like....lol

Weight up and down and down and up - not good.

10 days for full results about Limper. Tried a short short plod but was a tad sore. Stairs hurt too. Hope it heals soon.

Bodjit are you sleeping after your long week?

Off to Ireland next weekend for family reunion

Have you a had good weekend? What running have you all done?

I need to get sorted and training or London wont happen.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Well you jolly well have to do London next year Speedy as I assume you cannot defer twice?
    << rams Speedy's feet into running shoes and points at door sternly >>

My weight is all over the place as well. Combination of poor eating habits lately and mahoosive hormonal issues.

I haven't run this weekend. I ran home on Friday but it wasn't pretty. My hamstring is very painful.

I'd be interested to know what your xrays show Speedy. And what your doc suggests.
    I know you tried the gym for a while - if your weight and mood and physical health are all an issue can you get a 'gym prescription'? We have them down here. I think ours cover about 12 weeks of unlimited sessions. You should find out about it.

You OK Tippy m'boy? Is it the London Pride 10k next week? There's a nice one down here on BH Sunday if you fancy a trip south. I'll buy you an ice cream!

<< Flips the tortoise over and rocks gently >> Sleep well Bodj.
  • Options

Limper yep tis Pride 10K, have just found out that a certain rugby star will be seeing us off image.

Have family BBQ that weekend otherwise would have jumped at the chance, OH's side.

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    That's OK Tips, I don't absolutely have to do the local 10k. What shall I bring to the BBQ instead?!!

I'm just having a delishus cup of coffee and listening to some beautiful opera. Then I'll go and poo-pick my fields!
  • Options
    Limper: if you combine the two you get opoora.
    I have to say I love Madam Butterfly.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Madam Butterfly is wonderful. I'm also a bit of a Carmen fan.
    Poo-picking and opera combination - sort of like 'movement to music'!!
  • Options

could be a sticky subject for some I think, especially the Phantom of the Opoora

• Options

Evening.

Blinking hay fever !!!!!!! image

Is hamstring not getting better limper?  What are you doing about it?

I have asked about the gym limper but seems we dont do that in Fife.  Planning to re join gyn when I come back from Ireland.  Weight on way down again at the moment.  Have been looking into Hyo Bands.  Got an initial appt at end September to discuss.  Not sure about hynotherapy but mightbe willing to give it a go.

No I cant defer another year so I WILL be doing it.  

Will let you know once I get x ray results about knee. 

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Do you mean gastric banding Speedy?
    I can't speak from a medical angle on the subject, but I have two friends who went down that route (both were about 18 stone) and it has been phenomenally successful for them both. One is now 9 stone (her ideal weight), looks at least 15 years younger, and is enjoying life so much and doing so many activities.

My hamstring is mending but very slowly. Even though I have eased back on the plodding I still have a busy physical job plus my horses to look after, so there is no way that I can rest and rehab it properly. It's still rather painful.

Just managed to finish one tin of cakes and I got home from work to find Limpette had baked another load! Arghhhh!!! (Of course I'm obliged to eat some - it would be wasteful and rude not to!).

Hugs etc to Bodj. The wedding must be looming now?

<< waits hopefully for Tippy to perform an operatic serenade >>
  • Options
    <takes deep breath in>
    "Sweet, thou art sleeping,
    Cradled on my heart;
    Safe in God's keeping,
    While I must weep apart.
    Around thy head the moonbeams dart:
    Sleep, my beloved!"

• Options
    Act 2 part 2
    Have a good nights Sleep, remember to ice the pains and strains.
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    For Tippy...

<< clears throat and warbles badly >>

The day starts, the day ends, time crawls by.
    Night steals in pacing the floor.
    The moments creep, yet I can't bear to sleep...
    Til I hear you sing once more.

• Options
    Morning, was lulled to sleep image
  • Options
    How is everyone this fine sunny (NOT) morning
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    This fine, unsunny morning I was mediocre Tips. Now I'm borderline grim.
    Feeling really sore and miserable about it.
    How are you darling?

I was listening to Mme Butterfly in English today. It's just not quite right! Especially when it goes on about having owned the house 999 years or summat like that. I think I prefer operas in languages that I don't understand!!
  • Options

Limper: i agree, Opera should be enjoyed in it's native language.

I am well, preparing for tomorrow's joggette.

really worried that Hammie the hamstring is not getting better, think you should at least ee what the Quack has to say, Quack might refer you?

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I work with Quacks who know about hamstrings Tippy! And if they referred me it would most likely be to another member of my own team!!

• Options
    oh keep it in the family, wink wink, under leg handshake.