PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• no what you would like to preserve is that the forum is in some way the KK fan club.

I can assure you it is not.

You patronising drunken rants over the past few days have done nothing but make me glad I rarely visit the forum anymore.

*edited to remove the pointless rant*

• kittenkat wrote (see)

Yup, I've taken you off FB for your stirring and passive aggressive posts (on Twitter)

Ridiculous talking about 'moles' and you know who the 'mole' is....

why is it ridiculous?

you are not on twitter and if you are, you lurk.

If you are not then someone is telling you selective things out of context. 

And you are right, I do not know you in the real world and to be honest I am quite glad. As you have shown yourself in the past few days to be nasty, vindictive and an elitist bully.

• GertieGertie ✭✭✭

had limited access to the forum in the last week or so, so all I can say is...

WTF?!?!

• This should only have to be said once.......

If anybody wants to comment on NON Tread related topics, please do so elsewhere or start a new POINTLESS tread and leave said threads for the purpose they are here for.

A thankyou....
  • GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    If you're being a bad pussy , perhaps we should call you VD instead.
  • fuck me Kate - please take any disagreements you might have with other people elsewhere. you're like a petulant child at the moment and are really hacking people off here and it's not needed.

leave the threads for what they are and stop alienating yourself
  • Geting back on topic - my husband is happy to help man the feed station image
  • Cheers Sumoeddie- no offer will be turned away
  • purpletrilady wrote (see)
    I think we should ask OSB if we can just do the drinks station without the marshalling, that would definitely help numbers.

Purple - that aint' such a bad idea.  When Barley hears back from OSB re  "the subject that cannot be said out loud", I will ask him to let them know we still want feedstation 2 but without the marshalling en route.  I should they would understand esp as we will have 70+ of us doing the event

• I will be available for feedstation duties for 3rd year running. image Love helping out! I'm a bit annoyed that they have moved the date forward though. It means I will have school the next day so will miss out on camping the night after and the pirate awards ceremony image I suppose it's only been good luck that's allowed me to be at the the last 3!
  • Just got back to thread as i have not been getting posts from RWimage

"HAVE I MISSED MUCH"

KK you are "not" 6' 3"image

• Scmunkee.I think it will be a great pirate posse there...so I wouldn't worry too much till next year.........although I know its hard not to when the reputataion of the pirate feed station is so highly regardedimage

there will be unfortunately droouts from the list due to injury along the way and they will not want to miss out on the fun...................

i'm still working on a way to be able to get there either to take part or support but I will have to wait till next june probably before I can sort it outimage

• Ooooookay!! That was....interesting...

I might be able to get my sister and her family to help out if they come watch, but will only be able to confirm nearer the time....i.e. If i ask them and they say yes, hahaha.
  • Do you guys just take over a normal feed station in the event as all pirate volunteers, or do you set up one just for the pirates with the pirates own food so they are getting whatever nutrition they prefer?

If i don't compete in this race myself, i will be happy to help out as i live in Nottm anyway.image
  • Boyddie its not normally allowed to just set up yuor own feed station so the 'pirate feed station'  is made up of volunteers to the race organisers
  • Accommodation booked for next year.
  • Shmunks...Mrs Tb is happy to help out at the feed station and probably the other halves of 2 of the 3 relay teamimage

What is the nearest Accomodation toe the start?

• Camp site ;0) otherwise there are a few B&Bs dotted around or the Holiday/Jury's Inn.
  • My Dad is coming to cheer me on and would love to help, however, he does have a a motor nurone type disability so wouldn't really be too good at handing stuff out. image But he will do a great "Aarraghh" to cheer everyone on. image
  • Campsite it will be for me as well...did you have to pay for it all or just leave a deposit?
  • Hoping to be there - as long as (a) my leg injury is cured and (b) I can convince LJS we can afford for me to make another trip over 3 weeks before we travel to Dover for the Channel relay swim! Would have to be a really quick visit.

Just playing with the idea for now - we've lived in Germany for over 30 years and don't have an atlas of the UK - so can anyone tell me how far Nottingham is north of London and what might be the best route to get there from central Germany? I know there's an East Midlands airport but other than that the only thing I know about Nottingham is the Robin Hood legend! Alternatively I'd be willing to share travel costs if anyone with a van is going to drive up from the SE area.

• Chilibean - your Dad would be more than welcome to join us at the support station and the more 'aaaarrrggghhhssss' he can shout, the better.  
  • Can I come and play puurlleeeeeease??!  image

At minimum my bloke will tag along and come help at the feed station - be gentle with him thou.

Might bring more bodies - but will see how many I can bribe between now and then.

This is of course on the optimism of getting from super-sprint to IM standard before July driven by my stubborness to achieve anything I set myself.

BB

• UI,

Nottingham is around 100 miles up the M1 (just north of Leicester if that helps any).  If you're coming over by boat  to Dover then M20/M26/M25/M1 (up to M25, anti-clockwise over QE2 bridge, then M1 North)- google reckons 213 miles and 3h45 travel time.  Rotterdam to Hull overnight ferry might be an alternative route (only 90 miles from Hull down to Nottingham).  There will no doubt be people from the SE heading up for the event.