The nitty gritty of Ironman distance

2»

Comments

• well in that case then.... I've always been told not to try anything new in a race

*whips his shorts down poolside and pretends it's normal* image

• Hi JEvaNs,
    At this years Outlaw there were two feed stations on the bike course that had toilets and the run course was liberally sprinkled with them. I know, I visited most of them...
  • not sure who is incharge of ironman wales but welsh tri are usually very anti nudity in all the other races in wales...they will disqualify men for not wearing a top as nipples are not allowed to be on show.........so if they won't allow a male nipple then I'm not sure if they will be happy with his meat and vegb on full displayimage
  • ^here hoping that if they DQ at the sight of nipple then maybe they'll DQ the pratt in an all white tri suit

there always one - at every race image

• "they will disqualify men for not wearing a top as nipples are not allowed to be on show........."

and that is an ITU rule enforceable by all member federations - to an extent now that kit for elites and for country age group representation is not allowed to have a front zip. all elite/national kit now must have the zip at the rear to prevent any bare chests - and also as an aside to show sponsor logos at their best. strange that eh?? image

I had to tell a guy racing at the w/e to put his top on or risk DQ if he didn't
  • The first Big Woody, Me and Holgs were getting changed in the Tent at T1, Chatting away whilst trying not to notice that :-

a) One side of the tent was clear plastic window

b) The rather cute blonde sat on the floor between us was stark naked......

• image I take it viking wasn't around at that point?

seren nos wrote (see)
    not sure who is incharge of ironman wales but welsh tri are usually very anti nudity in all the other races in wales...they will disqualify men for not wearing a top as nipples are not allowed to be on show.........so if they won't allow a male nipple then I'm not sure if they will be happy with his meat and vegb on full displayimage

image Booo if that was a fell race every man would be topless with there numbers staples to there bare naked flesh. image

• IMRE told everyone at the race brief that nudity was a DQ. And STILL someone was doing it in T1. He probably got DQd for that. Nobber.
  • In Germany it's only IM races that have the "no nudity" rule - others don't give a damn.