Confusing Gait

So i recently went to get re filmed for some running shoes, the last time i was filmed was when i 1st started running 3 years ago and i figured my running style and gait may have evolved as i lost weight and gained technique,

when i was filmed originally they said i was a mild over pronator, and have worn shoes accordingly, when i went back a few weeks ago they filmed me again and said i was an over again, and i bought some lovely kayano 17's, but within 2 10 mile runs i was in agony with shin splints, so i went back and they video'd me again and said i am a neutral to mild UNDER pronator... and the kayano's were a really bad choice for me.

did the staff just get it wrong 1st time? or could my gait change on a treadmill v's on the road?

I have since returned the kayano's and replaced with Nimbus 13's and immediately noticed the difference and they felt as comfortable as my gel noosa's that i;d done the previous 500 miles in.

I even debated the over with them as my shoes (at least to my un trained eye) suggest i'm very much an under pronator. (see attached)

http://i53.tinypic.com/286tzqr.jpg

Comments