Goodbye Treforest Gump

Hi All

My darling husband, Treforest Gump passed away last Saturday after being diagnosed with terminal cancer last year. Running was his life and passion. The amount of times I used to moan when we got out of bed at 3 or 4 am in the morning to travel to races lol. I'd give anything now to moan about this again. His last couple of races were The Aberdare 10k 4/07/10, the Boddington Marathon 19/06/10 and the Dartmoor Discovery, which he disappointingly had to drop out of, probably due to the cancer. He loved this challange. There's quite a few runners I met when we were at these races. I remember quite a few from the Teighbridge Trotters, Running for Beer, Plodding Hippo and a lovely couple from up North but cant remember your names, we camped next to you at the Dartmoor Discovery 2 - 3 years back. I'll miss you all and wish you all the best with the running. For the people who met us but cant quite put a face to the name, I always had our 2 laboradors (puppies) with us Marley is golden and Maisey is a choccy lab.

Thanks all for the memories I have of you even if you never met my husband you shared the same passion.

Mrs Treforest Gump x

Comments