Wedding day jinxs

I had to drive the firms bentley from east sussex to Romsey today then on to a posh hotel in the new forest.
The drive started ok then realised the air show is on at Shoreham. The traffic slows me down a bit till I get past then the rain started, oh well. Listening to the radio to pass the time I hear something I didn't want to hear, an accident on the M27 and traffic backing up, I ring customer and let them know the situation. 1 hour to do 10 miles makes the schedule 30 minutes late. So I am fitting ribbons and apologising profusely. No worries they say it will be ok. One of the guests knows all the back roads to the hotel venue, phew !!!
So off we go for a random drive around the new forest and see the red arrows performing in the distance at bournemouth, we eventually arrive at the hotel grounds with a little time to spare. I pull up to the main entrance to find an ambulance in the drive?? Hi driver could you possibly drive around for 10 minutes or so the start has been delayed by at least 15 mins. Ok not a problem, why whats happened? The registrar has had a heart attack !!!!!! Ermmm ok. so I find a spot to park up and open some bubbly to help the nerves in the back of the car. Luckily a new registrar is found and the wedding can go a head once the paperwork has been re written by the new reg. I still have the radio on and hear some more bad news, one of the red arrows we saw has crashed.
Now I hope the young couple have more luck in thier future together than they have had today.

You couldn't make it up image

Comments

• Well the pilot died so as long as they have more luck than that they're onto a winner image
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    As Lirish says, the pilot died (and I'm guessing we don't know the fate of the registrar) while nothing actually happened to any of the wedding party, so I guess their day wasn't all that bad after all.
  • Blimey! What a start to their big day! image
  • Edited.... Just re-read and realised how it read at the end.

I had to drive the firms bentley from east sussex to Romsey today then on to a posh hotel in the new forest.
    The drive started ok then realised the air show is on at Shoreham. The traffic slows me down a bit till I get past then the rain started, oh well. Listening to the radio to pass the time I hear something I didn't want to hear, an accident on the M27 and traffic backing up, I ring customer and let them know the situation. 1 hour to do 10 miles makes the schedule 30 minutes late. So I am fitting ribbons and apologising profusely. No worries they say it will be ok. One of the guests knows all the back roads to the hotel venue, phew !!!
    So off we go for a random drive around the new forest and see the red arrows performing in the distance at bournemouth, we eventually arrive at the hotel grounds with a little time to spare. I pull up to the main entrance to find an ambulance in the drive?? Hi driver could you possibly drive around for 10 minutes or so the start has been delayed by at least 15 mins. Ok not a problem, why whats happened? The registrar has had a heart attack !!!!!! Ermmm ok. so I find a spot to park up and open some bubbly to help the nerves in the back of the car. Luckily a new registrar is found and the wedding can go a head once the paperwork has been re written by the new reg. I still have the radio on and hear some more bad news, one of the red arrows we saw has crashed.
    Now I hope the young couple have more luck in thier future together than the others have had today.

You couldn't make it up