Too fat to run now

Comments

• No, I'm afraid not.  Don't suggest vaseline either as those first aiders at races holding their marigolds out covered in the stuff has put me right off.image
  • Hello folks - I am back.

Am I missing something because the only posts I am seeing are yours Limper and a couple from Eagle?  No Tippy or Bodjit posts.  Other than that you are having a lot of conversations with yourself Limper  image

Had a good weekend in Ireland but boy was it expensive.  Spent a fortune - mostly on taxis.  It was great seeing all the family.  I havent seen many of them for years and there were many relatives I haven't met at all until the weekend.

I mistyped Limper.  I meant a Hypno - band.  Its a hypnotherapy gastric band.  Not a real operation as wouldn't go that far.  Will let you know if I decide to try it.

Got home to a letter from doctor to say the results of xray was in and would I go in to discuss.,  Have an appointment this afternoon so will let you know tonight?  Its still very sore and caused problems walking at weekend.

Are you all ok then?  Training going well?  What has been happening?

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Glad you had a nice weekend Speedy.
    Actually someone else has just told me that Hypno-banding often has excellent results. Sounds worth thinking seriously about.
    Let me know what your doc says about your knee.

I'm not talking to myself, I'm trying to make my computer do smilies! And of course I've been talking to that cheeky ickle Reading Eagle!
    Tippy is probably asleep with his feet on the sofa and Bodj seems to have fallen into a black hole of long work hours and wedding arrangements.

Eagle - I have to know... is it the vaseline or the marigolds that distresses you?!
  • Limper - I don't want to be caught unawares (or even aware) by anyone bandishing either.  The combo does not bear thinking about!  I prefer something more delicate, sensuous. 
  • Whole grain please.  Where has Tiptoes disappeared to?
  • Quick post as bit upset.

Severe arthritis. Knee riddled with it. Fall exasperated it. Other knee might be same but won't know till it's checked.

Speak later.
  • Sorry to hear your news Speedy G.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Don't panic Speedy. You'll be fine. I'll send you a pm a bit later.

Limps xxx
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    To add to my litany of disasters (Tippy knows what I'm on about!) - I dislocated my finger yesterday. I popped it back, but it really aches now.

<< massages Eagle with a jar of whole grain mustard >>

Well he asked for it! image

I've pm'd you Speedy. ((((x))))
  • <sniff sniff>.....mustard....

I'm here...just!

Speedy, really sorry to hear your news re knees (((Hugs)))

Glad you had a good time in Dublin tho'

Thanks Limper for plumping up the cushions image 2 more manic weeks of work have just passed, and our sons wedding was last Saturday image it was a lovely day, the weather behaved most of the time, as did my mother!! Can't believe it passed in such a whirl, and our son flew back up to Glasgow on Monday, as he had had the week off before, but they have booked a delayed honeymoon in Egypt in January.

We are off in the gin palace tomorrow afternoon and back Monday night, I think I will just sleep for most of the w/end! Mini Bodjit came by for tea tonight and she had been busy baking too, so we are taking brownies and lemon drizzle cake with us.....no dog hairs this time, as the sample from dawgs head was a little hairy Limper.......image

Tippy, all those smilies, and at work too.......any vacancies??!!!!!

Hello Eagle, erm, I think you need a shower.......!!

Have a good w/end all, and look after that hamstring Limper, I won't say be 'sensible' as you are sooo accident prone anyway! How is your finger??

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I had to get out of my snuggly bed in the wee hours to splint my finger Bodj! It's OK, just a bit tender. You don't notice how much you need each individual finger until one is out of action!

Glad to hear the wedding went well. Photos welcome! Shame your mother behaved though - it's always good to have a bit of a to-do to look back on after a family occasion!

My hamstring has been having a good long rest - apart from the daily stretch of poo-picking! I'm itching to go for a long run, but I think that's more because I can't than because I really want to!

Hope you have lovely weekend away in the wagon.

Speedy - you have another postie from me!

Alright you two boys? << looks sternly at Tips and Eagle >>
  • Eagle swoops down (after shower to remove whole grain).  Some massagers can be so rough. Still no Tiptoes?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    He's gorn AWOL Eagle.

When is your half mara?

• We fly out (by Eagle Airways of course) 2 weeks today, race is on the Sunday, fly back Monday.

Tiptoes is around somewhere - we meet early for a long run/flight on Saturday mornings.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I have a luvverly 10 mile 'race' on the same day Eagle. Not quite so far from home as yours! No flying involved - Limpermobile will be more than adequate to get me there!

Hope you and Tippy enjoy your run tomorrow morning.
  • Where are you both running? When is it?

Bodjit have a good weekend in the gin wagon.  You have had a really busy time.  Photos please.  I am still waiting for photos from minis wedding though.

Bit down but I will survive.

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Fortnight Sunday in the New Forest for me Speedy (although I'm still off PE due to injury at the moment so it doesn't bode well).
    I believe Eagle is doing a half in foreign climes. Lucky little birdy.
  • Morning all.
    I don't know I take a few hours to organise Tippy Tours and get hoofed out by a mustard smelling eagle wearing marigolds with vasaline on his talons. I shudder to think.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Well he's a bird of prey isn't he Tips - stands to reason that he'll swoop down on the defenceless while you aren't here to protect us!

What are you organising? Where are we going?!

Tis a beautiful morning down here, but the scent of autumn is strong now. It shouldn't be autumn yet!!
  • Tippy Tours this morning was a magical mystery tour of 15 miles around the eastern boundaries of Reading.   The weather was kind to us, a lovely morning to be out and about. 
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Oh, that sort of tour. I'm disappointed. I thought maybe Tippy was going to take us all somewhere exciting. << huffs and sulks >>

Nice 10k down here tomorrow lads, if you fancy an ice cream...

Oh piddle - it's just started pouring with rain. Just as well I'm still off PE I spose.
  • Limper. Ta for mail. Lots to take in. Doing list of thinking. Will mail you back later once I have digested it all.
  • Sounds like you're overcomplicating things Speedy. You obviously want to run otherwise you wouldn't be on here would you.

Keep it simple. Forget about your weight, forget about your past performances, forget about your age and forget about everything else. Go out, put one foot in front of the other at what ever pace you feel comfortable with (even walking) and keep going until you're tired.

No buts. Easy.

Good luck.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    image at Peter.
    Agree with you in principle, but in this case only Speedy knows how complicated it is.

I wish you could come to one of our 'talks' Speedy. Most people are a lot less nervous once I've finished making a silly of myself!! It's a bit of a journey for you though!!
    Hope you're having a nice weekend in your van.
  • We are Limper. Sun shining and complete rest for the knee. Been reading about arthritis and taking stock of situation. Over the shock but not the consequences yet.

Will answer mail tonight

Peter thanks for your input and yes my mind wants to run but my body is saying no.
  • Speedy: Big Hugs.
    Limper: What can I say as a Tippy Guide I only know local areas at present.
    Peter: Have to stick with Limper, not as black & white as you think.

OK writing this whilst watching Will Young, so back to the music as Pulp are not that good at Reading Festival this year
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Ah. Reading Festival - that brings back memories. I wonder if I ever threw up in your garden Tippy!! (I was there in the days of Black Sabbath and Deep Purple - real rockers!!)

I watched the Comedy Proms. Excellent stuff.