Friday 26 August 2011

G'day (or g'night)

I got brave and went out for a 35 mile cycle Thursday evening under threatening skies and managed to dodge the torrents.

Its scan day today. I'm gonna give myself a day off.

Must agree with Gobi - time is always important, no matter who or what milestone you want to beat - there's always a time target!!

Interesting comment by Gobi on Dublin - I must agree - I think it is very overrated and very poorly organised at the start area, year after year. I was thinking that I would miss running it this year, but as it draws closer i'm not really bothered. Its deffo dull between 2 and 26 miles I do hope my body lets me run London though! (I know its another that Gobi doesn't like but i did enjoy it this year despite Calf explosion and another type of explosion which i wont expand on!!). That Gobi is very hard to please I think - a bit of a perfectionist per chance.

LMH - all the best for Saturday.

Comments

• Morning

What 6.7
    Why rehab
    Lyrics yes

Later start at work today has let me push the boat out a bit further. Think yesterday was my legs telling me not to get to carried away and am glad that for once I listened.

I thinkl that both time and position are important as one qualifies the other.

As for London, I reckon it's a bit of a marmite event.

• Morning

What:5M Steady.

Why: Friday.

A 6 tomorrow perhaps ?

Catch up soon

Have a good one.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    What: 12 miles plus d&d
    3 or so easy PM
    Why: relax on Crunchie Friday
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Wednesday 27th July
    Last Non run day: Sunday 21st August
    Lyrics: no

Off to write another milestones blog. Old School is back in training.
  • Morning.

Thanks Paddy - and hope your scan gives you the answers you're looking for.

Postie - I think that listening yesterday probably helped with the longer effort today.

NZC - I hope so too, but also need to remember that I won't melt if I get wet image Mind you it's rather dull and windy here this morning and not very inviting.

Awful night last night - not what you need as prep. Went to bed about 2230hrs and was woken around 45 minutes later by the heavy bass beat of very loud music. Thought it must be the nightly entertainment finishing off then decided it was probably a little late for that. At 2330hrs it was still going strongly so throwing my pj's, trainers and Montane jacket on I went out to investigate. Found a cottage with music pumping from every orifice a few doors up. Curtains open, tv on, lights blazing. Marched up and knocked loudly on the door - no response. Thought about wandering round the back but that would take me to the side of the lake and it suddenly dawned on me that there could possibly be a large gathering of drunken 'yoofs' round there so went off to seek help. Couldn't find a member of staff or contact telephone for 15 minutes or so then realised that there should be a security presence on the main gate so walked up there and found someone who drove round and solved the problem. Of course by this time I've been wandering round in the dark, adrenalin up for over 30 minutes and can't settle. Also keep thinking that I'm hearing the music start up again - which was imagination. Eventually slept but have a filthy headache this morning and don't know whether to go and complain to the Parc staff and seek reassurances that they're on top of it or just leave it and hope it doesn't happen again tonight?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH
    Doesn't sound good, hope tonight is better!

Alehouse
    Killerton is only a few miles away, Parkrun is a pretty route but not one for a quick time.  Of course, it isn't a proper 5K so even if I got a PB it wouldn't be one, if that makes sense.

What:  Rest
    Why:  Scheduled
    Last hard:  1 day
    Last rest:  5 days
    Lyrics:  Think so

Family visiting soon, so Saturday long run will probably happen on Monday.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Morning

40 Killerton doesn't sound as if it would give you a quick time is it like its what it says o the tin

LMH Oh dear hope tonight will be better thinnk i must be coming out with sympathy with you as got woken at 3am rain can't stop that  could i get back to sleep came down o the internet probably not a good idea. Tried to go back around 4am no joy came down again. 6am tried again yes mmannnaged an extra 4 hours sleep almost

NZC Figured to do something long as first 10 days of Sept will be working i owe someoe some time and its payback time so those 10 days will be short runs so making the most of my off days

What:3-4 miles later with some hills "kenya hills"
    Why: Hills
    Last Hard: a bit of yesterday
    Lyrics No

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon all.

Quiet on here today.

LMH  sorry to hear about your rubbish night, I hope tonight you get some sleep.

What: Nothing

Why: It's raining and I'm meant to be on holiday so missed 7am circuits.

I wimped out of my 4 miler today as i'ts been raining really hard all day.  I'm also knackered for no apparent reason so thought a break would do me good.  Did do a 3 mile walk to shops and back though so not sitting on my ar*e all day!

Hopefully parkrunning tomorrow, if it's not raining, it makes it hard to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!

Enjoy the crunchies.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: short warm up then 43 minutes at 5:10 pace. Sadly that's for kms not miles.
    Why: running with L35 (former babysitter...not mine LMH, the kids' !) and her L60 mother with the latter setting the pace...not a lot different to her 4:52 pace for 5k the other night and today was on tougher terrain. Must tell her off for slacking on Weds!
    Last hard: ?... although some of the off road rutted terrain was hard on my feet
    A futher last hard: seeing a photo of myself running in Wednesday's race...serious weight loss needed
    Last rest: 09

Lyrics: nope

LMH: hope you can channel the adrenaline during your races! And enjoy!

Wabo: have you met Cleo yet, I wonder?

Alex: ?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehouse
    Last rest 2009?  Either I've missed a rather impressive streak, or a dramatic typo!

• Impressive streak by Alehouse 40.

Thanks for the good wishes. Probably won't get on here tomorrow (unless it all goes horribly wrong) so will catch up with you all on Sunday. Hope anyone else racing has a good one.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

40: not missed a day since Dec 09 when I started running again after having 9 weeks off (and putting on at least a pound a week!), after having broken my shoulder (again) in the October. A lot of the runs have been short...initially some of the runs were only about ten minutes, although my minimum is now 20 minutes.

Still struggling with the weight...am now hovering around 10 stones...would like to hover around 9...and when I raced more seriously I was between 8 stone 2 and 8-7...didn't put much weight on until I was about 35, was 9-2 on 40th birthday and 9-7 on 50th. Think I need to cut out food and drink and run more to shift it!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehouse
    That really is impressive - sorry your achievement has gone unnoticed by me 'till now!
    I'm also hovering around 10 stone currently - feels alright to me - but that represents a recovery from the 8.5 stone I was after my last illness rather than any decline from a state of serious fitness...

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    40: suspect you are taller than my 5 foot 6! My weight currently doesn't feel "alright", and the photo reflects that! But hear what you say about recovering from your illness: that reminds us all what massive progress you have made over the last couple of years...well done you!
    Re 600 odd days in a row, its just routine...if I miss a day I'll probably give up!