Anyone else "Back to it!"

I've been a really lazy ar$e over the past 10 weeks, not helped by holidays in Salou and Florida.

Felling really fat and unfit at present.

Had a great summer, but now the Bank Holiday is out of the way I really can't wait to knuckle down to some serious (for me) training.

Anyone else "back to it?".

Comments

• No holiday, no respite from training. Been working more than usual these past few weeks and have a targeted race comming up.

No peace for the wicked. Hope your halo has been polished.

• I haven't had a holiday but, with the kids being off school and my husband working away for ALL of the school holidays, I've been really struggling to get out more than once or twice a week. Not happy: feeling fat and unfit!
    Doing a HM at the end of Nov., so serious training will commence the day they go back to school, can't wait image
  • Not quite back to it here. 1 child back on Thursday, the other back on Monday, and then I'm right back into it. Unfortunately I have a HM on 11th, so I might just possibly be a little undertrained (hem hem). Same as I was last year, as I recall!
  • Me too, I'm afraid. Made redundant in May, so get out of my usual rhythm and then started my own business back in June, so lots of long days and running was the thing I let slip. Definitely feeling it now, more stressed and tense than usual! I'm doing the Great South at the end of Oct and my local half three weeks later. I'm hoping a new month will be motivation.
  • Hope you get there AllNew!

I had a nice 40 min run tonight as the sun set over the Bay.

Feel like I'm kind of starting from scratch after my lay off - but hey ho - onwards and upwards!

• Hooray! Youngest child was back to school this morning, so back into lastterm's routine of putting him on the school bus and then going straight out for a run. It was a shock to the system, and I suspect the bus driver as well, but 4 easy miles done. Feeling smug image

Kev - your run sounds scenic.

AllNew - hope you feel motivated again soon. Great for stress busting - as another self employed small business owner I can testify to that!

• went on holiday in June to the south coast ran the Torbay half marathon then when in st ives did short runs round the coast as it was so hot
  • Black And Tabby wrote (see)

Hooray! Youngest child was back to school this morning, so back into lastterm's routine of putting him on the school bus and then going straight out for a run. It was a shock to the system, and I suspect the bus driver as well, but 4 easy miles done. Feeling smug image

Well done B&T

Black And Tabby wrote (see)

Kev - your run sounds scenic.

it is nice, I run on the Millennium Coastal Park Path in Carmarthenshire.