Tapering

Hi All,

Firstly sorry if this question has been asked lots but the search function isn't working so can't check old messages.

I'm running the Bristol half Marathon next sunday and following a sub 1.45 plan which I followed for Bath and ran it 1.42, but for the last week of training for Bath I had a terrible cold so only ran one 10 mile run and a 3 miler during the week. 

So my question is do I keep to the plan which is the followingimageunday:- 12 miles, Monday:- Rest, Tues:- 3 miles plus 6x60m strides, Weds:-  3miles, Thurs:-5 miles(race pace), Fri:-2miles  OR do I keep to what I did for Bath?

Don't know if this helps but ran a total of 33 miles last week which included 13.2 miles on Saturday. Thanks for any help or any other training suggestions, am getting a bit confused with what to do.

Katy

Comments

• i'm not an expert but i would not be running that up to 1/2 week.

i'm running Bristol as well, i'm doing a 10 miler tomorrow and a 4 miler tuesday and thats it i'm done! i need the rest and want to feel like im going in with fresh legs!

• no expert again.but seems high to me...............I always like a real big taper and cut right back..but then everyone is different........definitely wouldn't do 12 the week before

but then if I do a half as part of marathon training I don't taper hardly at all......................so I'm not very consistentimage

• Seems a lot.

If you're going to do the 12 tomorrow then do it slow. Maybe last mile or two at race pace if you feel like it.

After that, I'd probably only do 3/5/3 miles spread over Tuesday to Friday keeping the legs turning over.

Got me to under 1hr 40 anyway.
  • Thank you for your replies have done 10 miles today then going to do what fit-running-cat suggests especially if you've ran under 1.40 (my dream!!)
    Thank you
    Katy