Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Line-up has been revealed and the first show is this weekend! Woop woop!! image

Robbie Savage – ex-football player.
Audley Harrison – heavyweight boxer
Holly Valance – former ‘Neighbours’ actress and pop star.
Lulu
– Sixties pop star.
Jason Donovan – former ‘Neighbours’ star.
Alex Jones – ‘One Show’ presenter.
Rory Bremner – impressionist.
Russell Grant – famous astrologer.
Edwina Currie - former politician.
Nancy Dell'Olio - Sven Goran Eriksson's ex-girlfriend.
Harry Judd – member of pop/rock band McFly.
Dan Lobb – ‘Daybreak’ presenter.
Anita Dobson
- former ‘EastEnders’ actress
Chelsee Healey – actress in ‘Waterloo Road’.

I have no idea who Dan Lobb is - but Jason Donovan?!!? Awesome!!! image

Comments

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Ooh, yay! I didn't realise it was due already! image

Predictions based on names alone? I can't imagine Edwina being too good...

• Dan Lobb is a former tennis player famed for inventing a shot which is now known as The Lobb shot.

• If they could only get Mick Jagger...
  • I think Holly Valance has the potential to be like the girl from Destiny's Child last year - everyone will think she should be good, but she's not.

I bet Edwina can dance! All those balls and functions she must have been to? 

I hope Alex Jones can dance, I like her. And Jason, of course lol.....

• Im sooo excited cant wait for the new series to start.

A lady I work with has tickets to the first show which is being film this wednesday lucky thing! She is going to give me the low down on Thursday.
  • another load of non-entities!

(doesn't mean I won't watch it though  image )

• Ooooh, I was just thinking the other night that it must be due to start soon.

I can see Lulu being this year's Pamela Stevenson, with Jason D maybe in the Matt Baker role.

Unfortunately, Russel Grant has the potential to be a Joyhn Seargant, with Rory Bremner as Paul Daniels.................

Can't wait. image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I'll admit now that I can't stand Lulu image

*crosses fingers and hopes she's rubbish* image

• At least I have heard of some of these!
  • Oh I also loathe Lulu! She was in a restaurant in Sheffield (about 15 years ago ha ha) and was utterly vile to a friend of mine who worked there.

*hope she falls over* heh heh......

• yippee image I didn't realise it was so soon image

well - that actually looks like a pretty good line up.

oh, I quite like Lulu

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Len 2 wrote (see)

Oh I also loathe Lulu! She was in a restaurant in Sheffield (about 15 years ago ha ha) and was utterly vile to a friend of mine who worked there.

*hope she falls over* heh heh......

Muah huh haaaah!!! imageimageimage

Any guesses on how Audley Harrison might do?

• I'm not a Lulu fan either.

Steve Wright said on the radio that Russell Grant has lost a huge amount of weight already, 10 stone according to the meeja.

Edwina Currie, would she have had time for dancing in between all her (alleged) indiscretions?

• Isn't Audley about 7 foot tall?! He'll get paired with Natalie Lowe then! You never know, boxers are quite nimble aren't they?

Russell Grant is as camp as a jamboree! The latin numbers should be fun lol!

• ^^  "boxers are nimble" are you forgetting the joy that was Joe Calzaghe image
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Len 2 wrote (see)
    Russell Grant is as camp as a jamboree! The latin numbers should be fun lol!

"camp as a jamboree" image

• sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

I'll admit now that I can't stand Lulu image

*crosses fingers and hopes she's rubbish* image

+1 image
  • sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Any guesses on how Audley Harrison might do?

I'm guessing slightly better than Quentin Wilson.
  • Do you think there are any obvious pairings then? As well as Audley being put with Natalie because of height, I reckon poor Vincent will get Lulu for the same reason (lack of...).

And thanks for bringing back the memories of Joe Calzaghe, Fraggle *shudder*. Maybe boxers aren't naturals after all then lol!
  • I wonder which poor person will get Russell Grant image
  • Steve Wright on the radio said Russell's lost 10 stone or something image
  • And I just read that Dolly Parton is performing on the show at the weekend!!! Ha ha ha ha! Campest show on TV - awesome!
  • Dolly Parton??? Good grief.

Surely Jason Donovan's going to be pretty good.

I was a kid in the 60s so quite like Lulu.

#Weee-e-e-eeeeee-e-e-e-e-ell...

• We sat next to Flavia in the hotel restaurant on holiday, I wonder who she'll get?
  • Hello all, another year and we're all here again imageimage

My thoughts below

Robbie Savage – ex-football player. - should be good - like him
    Audley Harrison – heavyweight boxer - doubt he'll be much good - not fussed either way
    Holly Valance – former ‘Neighbours’ actress and pop star. - no idea until first show I guess
    Lulu – Sixties pop star. - cannot stand her - vile woman
    Jason Donovan – former ‘Neighbours’ star. - love him, hope he does well - hope he does a rumba to 'especially for you' image
    Alex Jones – ‘One Show’ presenter. - could be good - voice gets on my nerves a bit
    Rory Bremner – impressionist. - good catch for BBC
    Russell Grant – famous astrologer. - not sure about dancing but will be a hoot
    Edwina Currie - former politician. - hoping to ride on Widdy's 'popularity'? doubtful
    Nancy Dell'Olio - Sven Goran Eriksson's ex-girlfriend. Mad as a box of frogs but like her
    Harry Judd – member of pop/rock band McFly. - wouldn't know him if he punched me on the nose (am I showing my age?)
    Dan Lobb – ‘Daybreak’ presenter. - don;t know him either
    Anita Dobson - former ‘EastEnders’ actress - could be good, seems fairly likeable and we'll get Brian May in the audience!
    Chelsee Healey – actress in ‘Waterloo Road’. No idea at all

Many bonus points though for having Dolly on first show, was just listening to her album as I made dinner

Dog, I LOVE Strictly although will have to watch it on iplayer this weekend so will avoid this thread until I have seen it on Sat
  • Len 2 wrote (see)
    And I just read that Dolly Parton is performing on the show at the weekend!!! Ha ha ha ha! Campest show on TV - awesome!

Love Dolly Love strictly ..image

Robbie Savage will look great in a dress ....image

Cannot stand Lulu or Anita Dobson or Nancy ..image

Chelsee Never heard of...Jason is Ok now ...Dan Lobb / Harry Judd / ??

Audley should be a laugh alongside Rory

And the rest well we will see ...my punt for the winner would be Chelsee as she is probably the youngest ...image

• <throws a big box of sequins over the thread>

Yeah... that's Saturday evenings sorted for the next few months image

My money is on one of the actresses, Holly Valance or Chelsee Healey.  They will have done dance training so have an immediate advantage.  I think jason Donovan could be worth watching as well.... and of course the fraud who is Russell Grant will get the comedy vote.

• Wooop wooop!!!! imageimageimage

* rushes into thread chucking glitter and false eyelashes around *

Strictly and the Rugby World Cup - my autumn TV is sorted! image

Not looking forward to seeing Russell Grant, Lulu or Edwina Curry TBH but maybe they'll surprise me.

Very much looking forward to seeing Artem again and the new boy Pasha image Hope the thread is as good fun as it's been in the past, waves to all the old regulars, hello to any newbies!

Roll on Saturday! image

• I'm finding it quite funny that most people seem to hate Lulu!! Ha ha ha ha image !

I was going to suggest we all try and predict the top 3, but it's sooo hard! And looking back at the past winners, I wouldn't have predicted half of them (especially Chris Hollins lol...). So I might do a random pick and see how close I get!

Okay, so I reckon in 3rd place....Jason Donovan. In 2nd place... Alex Jones. And my winner is... Robbie Savage. This despite not actually knowing what Robbie Savage looks like lol....but if he's a footballer, there's every chance his bum will look good in tight trousers, which has to be worth a vote or two image.

Can I just say i'm going to miss Claudia on It Takes Two? image