Muddyfox bikes

2»

Comments

• Well I collected my bike this afternoon and cycled 18 miles home on it image I feels great, and love how you change gear (didnt check when I bought it image ) No more thumbs hurting from yanking the thing around to change gear image

Very comfy and feels really light and fast. I didnt go fast today (best speed on Garmin was 2:15 mile down hill but took 2 hours to do 17 hilly miles . It was good on the road andcycle track but not good on gravel/bumpy potholecovered tarmac! I was vibrating everywhere lol

• Sorry barge back into this thread.

Quick question for FB and O5.

Why are you saying cross bikes can not take the "rough" stuff? 

Think what your original MTB looked like Pre-suspension!

Im not after biff, just curious to your stance on it. I got hardtail/full sus and a cross. The cross bike was faster across "The Gap"(becons ultra one) and ive done all routes on afan on one. no problems in anyway.

• TT - the rough stuff that I guess me and O5 are talking about will the gnarly, rocky, tree rooted singletrack stuff with big drops and thumps and you're going at them with some speed. I wouldn't fancy those on a cross bike - and with my weight I would fear for the frame!! at least the sus takes the bite out.

sure a cross bike would cope with a lot of rough stuff and in many ways are much more suited to things like rocky singletrack descents as you can do stands on them easier to move the wheels around like you would on a BMX - they're tough to do with sus assuming you can do them at all!!

you're a very experienced rider TT. experienced guys can get bikes to do what they want them to do - the less able/inexperienced need a bike that helps them do what they want.
  • Cheers FB.

Just curious thats all. I have done some stupid things on my crossbike. Done some stupid things on my full suss!

Saying that one route around here the DH boys do........................i would not walk down with safty ropes and an ice/mud pick!

• I'm just a wimp and like as much comfort as I can get image 

It simply isn't fun without a bit of give and if you are out for a full day in a MTB park you'd not do a second day on a cross image

• Orange 5 wrote (see

I'm just a wimp and like as much comfort as I can get image 

It simply isn't fun without a bit of give and if you are out for a full day in a MTB park you'd not do a second day on a cross image

LOL I have a full sus and and cross bike(two of my growing fleet!) fun in diffrent ways. This comfort you speak of? 12 hour racing you never get any image