Too fat to run now

Comments

• Morning all.  Delivered youngest son back to university @ Canterbury yesterday.  Off for a jog to the gym soon for my Sunday body pump.  Wondered why I was feeling so crackered yesterday, then realised that I'd clocked up rather more miles during the week than I have since pre VLM!

• Morning Eagle.
    Did the half go well?
    My limpettes go back to uni in a few days. It will be a very quiet lily-pad then image
  • Hi there Limper.  All went well thank you.  We book these trips through expedia, choosing a hotel near the race start/finish, then enter on-line.  That's two foreign run jaunts now (the other was for the Prague half March 2010).  Excellent hotel with jacuzzi & sauna which which we booked for the evening after the jog (I'm not allowed by TT to use the word r*ce).  I run with a union jack flag, so I get some chat on the way round. unfortunatelt its danging(!) from my left wrist so you can't see it in the photo.
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/106119/Gallery/Derek.jpg

Now then, follow the path of the lady runner behind.......TT spotted it and had to comment.  There was a full mara. half, & 10k  & powerwalk all on the same day.  Of 1280 finishers in the half there were only 8 Brits.  All very well organised, I'd recommend it.

• I can't see whatever Tippy saw about the runner behind you - you'll have to explain!
    You're looking fine anyway!

I always fancied combining some foreign 'jogs' with some interesting holidays, but sadly don't have the budget to do so. When I'm rich...
    ;)
  • Follow the path of the eyes.....
  • Well I can see she's looking at your athletic gluteal muscles - and understandably so!! image

Where's old Tipster got to then? I hope he doesn't fall into the same wormhole that Speedy and Bodj have disappeared through.

• Buns in the window!

Tippy has not been too well lately. He'll report in soon.

• << hugs Tippy snugly >>

I shall check out the 'buns' in December!! (cos I'll definitely be somewhere behind you Eagle!).

Tis another grey and windy day down here. Tomorrow is the first day of Autumn but we seem to have had at least a month of it already.

I might be daring and waddle home from work on my feet rather than in my car. It won't be fast and it won't be pretty, but it's miles-in-the-bank.

Take care everyone.
  • Evening....I am about...really I am, just had terrible problems with t'internet, hours do do owt, have spoken to provider on numerous occasions, lost it tonight, so they put me through to level 3 techs....wow, english speaking, organised and so far, so good, speed much better, he tried to tell me I was sooo far from the exchange so he was surprised we had internet here at all!!! anyway, once he realised I wasn't falling for that BS he helped me sort it, rang back on several occasions, and well...I may just stay with them now image

<grabs a pom pom>

Tippy,I hope you've not caught summat nasty.....

Very proud of Mini B on w/end, she did a 5k in 32 mins @ 32 weeks of pregnancy, she felt rough on Saturday so thought she may have to walk it, but Sunday dawned and off she shot.....and raised £200 for charity image

Limper, the trees are turning rapidly here now image, did you waddle home from work?

Not sure where Speedy is.....<gets out binoculars>

Eagle...her eyes were closed imageimageimage

<jumps up and down on lily pad, then goes off to put on nurses cap and attend to Tippy>

Anyone seen my cattle needle and syringe.....????!

• Bodj, ref eyes, if you ran behind him your eyes would close as well image.

Tippy is here, reporting in (hides Cattle Needle and Syringe)

• You may have a nurses cap Bodj, but I have a stethoscope. Nerrr!! Bagsy I examine Tippy before you poke needles in him.

I did waddle home. 9.5 miles. It hurt. I am seriously unfit at the moment and all the tweaks and twinges are really playing up.
    Gotta crack on though as I have two good looking fellas to catch up with in December!! image

Well done Mini B!!!
  • Limper: Think positive, you did it that is what matters.,  One foot infront of the other and onwards.

(hides stethoscope)

• Has it gone where the head torch went TT?
  • RE. Will make you go nuclear.
  • Are you boys being smutty?!

Are you feeling better Tips?
  • Limper, getting there thank you, have to have a few hospital visits. Anika Rice may be a special guest at one of them (image)

We are not being smutty promise.

How are the aches and pains?

Neddies and Dawg

• Limper - We is always very well behaved we is.image Honest we is.  To know us is to love us.
  • Tippy my precious... thinking of you sweetie (((((x))))) I do hope you are alright.

My aches and pains pale into insignificance compared to you being doctored by Anneka Rice!!!

Dawg has suddenly taken to digging holes in the garden again. She has a permanently muddy face and I take my life in my hands every time I venture onto the 'lawn'. << guffaws at the term lawn >>

How is Tippy-Towers Lake coming on?

I love you already Eagle. Mwah.

You curled up inside your shell again Bodj? << dons shinybright headlamp and peers in >>

Evening Speedy.
  • Limper. I is OK promise.
    Just watched the celebrity challenge.
    (Jumps up and down on lily pad to simulate Irish sea)
    Tippy lake is at a stand still due to staff on strike, will reprimand them but nothing can be done now till 2012.
    (Gets tiger balm and prepares to administer to aches and pains)
  • << bares the achy bits and waits for Tippy's administrations >> imageimage

Could you take managerial action against your lake-staff? Withdrawal of privileges, that sort of thing?!!

The laundry services at the lily-pad have had to be suddenly closed down - after the washing machine was last heard going into orbit and heading for that place where the Clangers keep their junk.
    Why does it always happen just as we prepare for the return-to-uni washathon. Arghhhhh.
  • Hit the body pump class a bit hard again last night so have sore shoulders.

Tiptoes has promised a long one tomorrow morning image  - so I'm abstaining from exercise today to save myself.

• eeeeooooo, in my best clangers voice.

Here comes the soup dragon.

• Hello all. Sorry not been around. Laptop problems. Been in twice now for repair but it's still not working. Also got problems with broadband as it is so slow still using phone to post.

How are you all? Limper not good if you are in pain. Is it your back?

How is everyones running going? well done to mini b. I couldn't do that and I'm not 32 weeks pregnant.

Post more once laptop sorted.

• Morning all!

The long one went well. A gorgeous morning to be out running alongside the Thames. 

• Well done on long run. Was a nice day yesterday up here too.

Still waiting for laptop to be mended.

Working long shifts at the moment. 8am till 6.30 pm. So with travelling leaving house at 7.10am and not back till approx 7.20pm it makes a long day.

Everyone ok?
  • Evening all

Ouch to all the aches and pains...

<blinks rapidly as bright light shines under me shell.....>

Limper, I was sooooo shocked to see you here yesterday, and sorry if I scared you.....!!!

To those who are now confuddled, I was clearing a space by the kitchen window, for the wood for the woodburner to be stored, when I caught a rapid movement out of the corner of my eye....and there was Limper scrambling to safety, she was quite big, and I reckon we scared each other!! So all I can say, was that she was last seen diving into a pile of dead leaves..........image

<wanders off wondering if she wanted to borrow the washing machine......>

Speedy, what is the matter with your lap top?? Long hours, hate them! have a load coming up in a couple of weeks.....

Eagle, glad the long one went well.

Ma away on holiday at the mo, went yesterday image two weeks holiday here now!! Saw her and her friend on Friday night, I had 3 phonecalls before I'd even got home after seeing her, and the last one was at 00.15......just checking where all her pills were......image still, I will make sure I give my offspring even more grief!!!

• Morning all.

Bodjit nice hibernation?

Hello Speedy.

<jumps on lily Pad> WAKE UP LIMPER. image

Now joggette went well, at the weekend. However my companion would not run riverside in case I accidentally pushed them (me, as if image)

Hope everyone is ok, getting that time of year when the ghoulies start appearing (image)

• Morning all.

Tiptoes - please keep your ghoulies under wraps. 

• << peers out of Bodj's washing machine at Tiptoes ghoulies >>
  • <Slams washing machine door and puts on fast spin>

Sorry Limper, but ghoulies are under wraps for another 34 days.........

I don't blame them Tippy,it would be a cold dip at this time of year!! Hibernation was going well thanks,  until Limper got hold of that torch.....image 

Evening Eagle