Cheviot 2000

Hi,

Has anyone run the Cheviot 2000 fell race?

I've only ever run a fell race once (Malvern beacon race) and i mostly do road half marathons, marathons and sprint tris, and would appreciate some tips for kit and likley conditions that i could share with my team who are also novices at this event.

Thanks in advance!  image

Comments

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Rig, yes mate run it twice. The second time badly broke my ankle at 21miles (not knowing it at the time!) And still came in the top mixed team! That race remains the toughest uve ever done, of any distance. Was a mug well earned!
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Conditions were shite. Lots of wet soggy moss covered rocks, definitely good rugged off road shoes needed. Awesome course though. There us a very strict kit list and other rules to abide by, one caught our team out and meant a time penalty and relegation to 2nd place. The website should have all that detail on it. Oh, they do a good meal and piss up after too which always goes down well! Which team will you be representing?
  • Yeah spotted the (sensible) shoe rules. Inov8 shoes seem suitable. What do you think?I have a pair for winter trail running. Guess it depends on weather on the day.

Impressive to run through fractured ankle pain!

Trying to put a couple of Thames Valley Police teams together...

You doing it in 2012?

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Yeah, inov8 sound good. I ran in Adidas first time round and theyvwere just too flimsey hence going over on the ankle. I changed to saloman next tome round and saw a huge improvement I'm possibly in next year with Warks, will see how it fits in with all the leave embargos! image
  • Good luck with the ankle if you're in for 2012.

Leave embargos? Well if the Home Sec decrees the embargo then we know its illegal image

I'm doing it and thats that!

• Ooh I like the look if that, did the Snowdon 7s this year which is the same kind of thing, I might put the feelers out now and gauge interest.
  • mr fmr f ✭✭✭
    Hjklll, what force are you representing?