Recommendations for my first marathon

I've been talking about doing a marathon for a while now, and next year will be the year to do it!  I'm not fast, my last HM time was 2:37, but am hoping to get round in under 5 hours with some help from my running club coaches.  The problem is, which one should I do?  I live near Norwich in Norfolk and don't want to travel to the other end of the country to do it and I really need one that isn't really hilly as I don't have any hills here to train on.

I've entered the VLM ballot, but as the chances are miniscule for getting in I thought it best to scout about and see what else is out there.  I know there is one at Bungay, but I've been told by someone who's done it (and read on here) that it has some tough hills in it image  They've also brought in a time restriction this year and that concerns me a bit; don't want to be a mile or so away from the finish line and get pulled.

Does anyone have any suggestions that would be local to me?  Or, is it possible for a slow plodder who's not used to hills to be fit enough to do the Bungay marathon by the time it arrives?   I'm not planning on repeating the distance again, so I'd like to do a nice one! image

Comments