Options

Wireless MP3 player / MP headsets

What do people think of these?

Are they worth it or are they flawed in design

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-w-series/nwz-w252

Comments

• Options
    Well if you already have an mp3 player and a plastic bag to waterproof it - are cables really a hassle ? Just run them down inside your top. Sorted.
  • Options
    Based on personal experience, the Sony bluetooth players are fantastic, but you will have toi watch it with water.
    As for headphones, by advice would be to try Jaybird. The original Freedoms were fantastic, and the latest ones are nearly as good. They're very pricey, but if cables annoy / frustrate you they're my personal favourite.
  • Options
    i would probably be more irritated by this design than by using cables tbh
  • Options

I have this! I think its fantastic! Only a few issues but otherwise its pretty perfect.

You can load a few hours onto them and just put them on and go, you can quickly flick from one song to another, volume control and the stop button also easy to use and very easy to carry in a bag, very minimal yet functional case allows this.

No issues what so ever with transfering MP3 tracks to the player via the WMP on my computer.

The issues I have had have been...

They don't fit tightly on small heads. I didn't realise my head was small until I went to get a bike helmet...a size XS is on the large size for my head! The remedy I have for this is either to watch how you run: plug in the earphones snugly and they do stay put, then try not to stamp as you run (am working on a barefoot type stride at the moment so its not so difficult for me to keep in mind and a good reminder infact).

The songs can either be played in alphabetical order (depending on how you load the player, eg via songs list or artist list) or you can scramble tracks. You cannot make up a play list and its very tricky to rename all your tracks (and some will not allow themselves to be renamed) just so you can put them in the order you want or try to keep the slower stuff for a cool-down session at the end for example. Wish Sony would deal with that!

The parts which sit in your ears are great but the part just outside that which sits outside your ear? Too long and IMO too heavy. Again, could be due to my small head but do think the design could have been a tad more sleek.

They do have an even newer updated version which I think looks slightly different but no new features just more space and a few extra bits.

• Options
    DMaxDMax ✭✭✭

Yes, I can understand why you would want them and I know its all down to personal preference but I couldn't be bothered with these.

They appear quite heavy and if the impact of your running makes them fall out your ears, you are stuck with them. I would be willing to bet they are not cheap and you could get a better pair of Bose ones that are in the ear and have less chance of falling out. The only possible down fall with the Bose ones is that they have cables like most standard ear phones.

If you decide to get them, I'd be interested on how you get on though.

Good Luck.