Too fat to run now

Comments

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Now now, we'll have no fisticuffs in here thank you very much.
    << stands between Speedy and Tiptoes >>

Ran (walked, wobbled and crawled) home from work this evening. It wasn't pretty.

My mozzie bites are exploding now. D'you think a science magazine would pay monies to do a feature on me?!!
  • do it do it do it.

I saw this quote on my calendar and thought I would share.

"be not arfraid of going slowly; be afraid only of standing still".

I like it .

Morning everyone. image

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Standing still can be quite rewarding though!
  • Limper : wash your mouth out ( I understand, sunsets, sunrise, talent spotting)
  • Evening

Ooh left hooks right hooks...a bit vicious on here!!

Well done to Eaglet image

Nooooooooooo Limper, not until November 20th ish... not been away that long! Just had a nice 2 week break, working still all as normal, just Ma has been away on her holipops, so apart from deep cleaning her flat, it has been a nice break image

Speedy, good to see you have another laptop! Tell Hubby to keep the drink away from it! and belated happy Anniversary

I opened the back door tonight and something lept into the kitchen at a great speed, firstly I thought it was a leaf blowing in, and looked round......and there was Limper again, totally uninvited, in my kitchen!!!! Awful job removing her! Sorry Limper but the kitchen was no place for you to be image

...and Tippy, I am soooo pleased you are so knowledgeableimage

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I agree Bodj. The kitchen really is no place for me. I was heading for the lounge and comfy chair!

It's turned into October down here now. Possibly even November.
  • Bodj. I hope you told her to "HOP IT " (leaves by the same back door)

Limper: hows things, still quiet nice here, blue skys, nice temperature, even had the legs out last night when training

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    It's turned Octoberish here Tips. My legs are still on display but it's woolly vest time on top.

I should have been running tonight but I've woken up with rotten back pain (ongoing). I suspect I was curled up in a snug little ball trying to keep warm last night and that it's caused a flare-up. Tonight I shall lie straight! And put a blankie on the bed!!

Have a good day everyone.
  • (gets medieval sretching machine ready for Limper)

• Trying to remain calm here.  image  A long run with Tiptoes tomorrow should sort me out.
  • Call the Fire Brigade, The Fire Brigade
  • Great thread this.....TFTRN at 50 that was me a year ago, but after a year of diet am now 51 and 5st lighter, running and loving it.

Its never too late to turn your life around and this thread proves it. Well done to all on here!!.
  • Furniture has just been delivered.   One big lorry, two blokes, one shared brain cell.   Another one off today's list.  And there is no beer in the house. 
  • Welcome Motown Mark.  Nice people in here, some of us are madder than others.image.
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I'm not mad.

<< hops around with knickers on head >>
  • Limper!image 

Colleagues at work , family, friends all say that I'm mad.  Just might be true.

• Evening all.

Well I am now officially old - my great grandson was born yesterday morning weighing in at 6 lbs exactly. Picked baby and mum up today to take them home. He is so tiny. They would have been out after 6 hours but he wasn't feeding and his temp was on the low side. So they were kept in overnight.

Welcome Motown Mark and well done on running and weight loss.

It's kinda chilly up here now to limper. Can't believe it's October already. The nights are drawing in and I hate it being dark when alarm goes off at 6am.

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?
  • limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Speedy!!

• Thanks for the welcome all and well done to all on here.
    Running my first ever 10k race on Sunday (Marriotts way in Norfolk).
    I have done a few parkruns but never anything like this, which makes me old and crazy but loving it. why didn't i start all this sooner!!!
  • Speedy, congratulations, hope mother and baby doing well now, and you a GG....wow!!

Welcome Motown Mark, and I hope your 10k on Sunday goes well image

Eagle, you are lucky two came with a shared brain cell......image

Mad....whose mad...???  <rocks gently in corner>

Tippy, arggh!!

<places Limper on rack and stretches gently>

Speedy, it's getting colder down here too, and ma duty on Sunday, Mr B is going to....hopefully...finish doing  the back roof, which he started on last week, as reallyit  was desperate to be done before winter really settles in, then away in gin wagon next week-end...image

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Good luck for Sunday Mark. And well done on your weight loss - that's quite an achievement.

Isn't it time you put the wagon back up on it's bricks for winter Bodj?

The limper-neds are wearing their woolly jumpers now and I've given in to the need for continued personal hygiene by plugging in the timer for the shower room heater. These are desperate measures indeed.

<< reaches for the remote control to turn the rack another notch >> ahhhh.
  • Limper, the wagon never goes on blocks for the winter, my need for gin continues throughout the year!!! ...and there is the added luxury of a heater in it!

Ooh tis getting cold if the neds are wearing jumpers now, and it's good to hear that you are sorted on your personal hygiene front.....

<puts away the air freshners>

Bed beckons

<jumps up and down on lily pad to help the frog sleep>

• Morning all.
    (Tickles Limper on way past.
    All the best for tomorrow Mark.
    Today I took RE on a mystery tour, which me thinks he enjoyed.
    We are not mad are we precious........
    Limper saw some lovely neddies today.
    We even had spectators lining the route of the mystery tour.
  • RE did indeed enjoy the mystery tour this morning.  Even added on extras after parting company with Tiptoes.  The furthest I've gone since the little outing in London back in April.  Tiptoes is certainly.... precious....image .

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    I wanna be taken on a mystery tour. << stamps foot petulantly >>

Well done boys.

I spent a long time doing things to my horse that defy written explanation. I'm sure he's feeling better, but I'm just plain exhausted!!

I have to decide whether to do the drive and pitch up for my tough half mara tomorrow or whether to save the petrol and run from home. Or whether to retire image
  • Now then Limper, positive thinking please (doing my best Tiptoes impressions). 

Not sure who said this but its a favourite of mine.

If you decide to run look up into the sky & I might be there willing you on. 

"Running, particularly long-distance running is the most basic of pastimes.  You can spend all you like on fancy kit, but what counts is how hard you can push your body, and the victories that matter are not over your rivals but over yourself".

• limperlimper ✭✭✭
    << looks humbled >>